The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Neil lennon left Bolton

Alan Shearer ‏@alanshearer  2h2 hours ago

One of life's mysteries is why so many people are still bothered about what happened with Neil Lennon, when me and him aren't. 18 years ago!

Alan Shearer ‏@alanshearer  2h2 hours ago

He has repeatedly assured me, he didn't mean to head-butt my foot.

:lol:

Might as well leave him until the summer. If you're already down I don't see the point in bringing in another manager and then having him take them down. They'd need a fresh start in the summer with a new manager without the stain of having "taken them down".

According to Villa fans his football is a lot better and he is trying to play the right way, but is limited by shit players who don't care and arn't good enough.

http://www.unixstickers.com/image/cache/data/stickers/meme/youdontsay/You-don't-say.sh-600x600.png

Guest Roger Kint

Villa fans in the office reckon Remi Garde will be gone today.

Papers have been saying that since Monday, basically waiting to see if Pearson will take over apparently

Papers have been saying that since Monday, basically waiting to see if Pearson will take over apparently

Apparently they've been making noises about Pulis too. I can't see them staying up either way.

Guest Roger Kint

Apparently they've been making noises about Pulis too. I can't see them staying up either way.

:lol: They are planning for next season in the Championship already, even they know they are down and finished

[emoji38]They are planning for next season in the Championship already, even they know they are down and finished

I agree that they're probably looking to the long term but Garde has been thrown under the bus big time since he joined so its harsh to put a massive portion of the blame at his door.

Guest Howaythetoon

Garde showed massive naivete in taking the Villa job. He made a huge error and I feel like AVB it may have a detrimental effect on his early career. He was touted as a possible Toon manager and I'm happy to say I'm glad we never went for him. Again joining Villa showed a massive flaw in his critical thinking. What possessed him basically?! I'm not one to laugh at their inevitable relegation, however, as I work there a lot and respect Brummie massively, plus it is my fave away ground.

Guest Howaythetoon

Rafa is a proven manager and his appointment is weighted heavily on the short term. Basically keep us up. Garde had no chance at Villa and walked into a job that is almost impossible. We go down and it won't matter a jot on Rafa's CV. He will still be a top-class manager. It seems to me Garde quite fancied the PL and when Villa came calling said aye, where do I sign, with no real insight into what he was getting into. If I'm an up and coming coach or manager in Europe having established some kind of success I do not go to bottom placed Villa owned by Lerner with such a poor squad and a fanbase that has basically had enough. Its poor critical thinking on his part.

Garde showed massive naivete in taking the Villa job. He made a huge error and I feel like AVB it may have a detrimental effect on his early career. He was touted as a possible Toon manager and I'm happy to say I'm glad we never went for him. Again joining Villa showed a massive flaw in his critical thinking. What possessed him basically?! I'm not one to laugh at their inevitable relegation, however, as I work there a lot and respect Brummie massively, plus it is my fave away ground.

A massive sack of cash?

Guest Howaythetoon

In which case he put money before reputation and credibility. He will go back to France and have to do wonders beyond wonders to be considered for any jobs in the likes of the PL. I don't think it was cash to be honest, I just think he couldn't wait any longer and grabbed the first PL job to take.

I reckon he'd get a job pretty easily at someone like St-Etienne or Marseille when the jobs become free. A year or two of getting clubs back into the top 4-5 in France and his reputation is back in tact. It's obvious he wanted a shot in the Premier League and took the first one that came along, probably didn't quite realise what a mess they were in.