The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Just read this from a Norwich fan about Hughton regarding the Fulham game:

His tactical naivity is astounding. Last night Fulham played 2 extremely immobile, huge centre backs. We had Elmander up front trying to win flick ons when we should be playing it round the centre backs, hanging off the shoulder. Given we had a "big man" up top, we probably shouldn't have been playing with 2 inverted wingers and tried to get some quality crosses into the box.

You start David Fox but use the keeper and full backs as the outlet for the centre backs when they have the ball. Bassong needs it drilling into him that he's allowed to give it to the central midfielder who's dropping deep all the time to receive the ball rather than back to Bunn, who'll hit an aimless hoof, inviting pressure immediately onto us, or out to a full back who'll be closed down and **** it up the field.

He has no clue how to impact a game. RvW was a midfielder yesterday. Dropping deep and wide to collect the ball at all opportunities and showing very visible signs of frustration at the way his team mates were playing around him. I read a stat yesterday which said we hadn't equalised away from home in 18 months, I haven't checked it but I think that tells you what you need to know about Hughton's Plan B, it doesn't exist. I'm not sure I really see a Plan A either.

Nothing is conjoined. We defend, we get the ball out of our half by whatever means are easiest, then we don't have a strategy. We play 2 inverted wingers who have 2 goals and 3 assists between them in the league. It's pathetic. Snodgrass has managed 1 goal and zero assists, yet he is completely undroppable.

Hughton may have had success elsewhere but he's proving himself to be a bad manager for us and it's time he left.

never ceases to amaze me how when things go bad the same complaints regardless of the club are said by supporters

What do you mean by that?

I think he's saying that when a club hits a rough patch the fact that the complaints are roughly the same as other clubs in said rough patch are broadly the same never cease to amaze. :lol:

never ceases to amaze me how when things go bad the same complaints regardless of the club are said by supporters

I think he's saying that when a club hits a rough patch the fact that the complaints are roughly the same as other clubs in said rough patch are broadly the same never cease to amaze. :lol:

its all the same, regardless of manager its always too cautious, too much long ball, boring football etc. Just one of the quirks I've noticed, perhaps all managers fail in the exact same way but its a little curiosity I found amusing

its all the same, regardless of manager its always too cautious, too much long ball, boring football etc. Just one of the quirks I've noticed, perhaps all managers fail in the exact same way but its a little curiosity I found amusing

Agreed.

How many managers have you noticed it with, out of the many, many, many Premier League managers that have been and gone over the last 20 years? 

2?  10?  Most of them?

He just signed Jonas. Hughton's not even trying to evolve.

Jonas is a shrewd loan for Norwich. He will win free kicks and help to run down the clock in games they are hanging on for points in. He fits the situation they are in very well. Plus it's not like they paid any money.

They need to attack teams and give it a go. I love Jonas but the last thing they need is him lumbering around on the wings, not providing for their strikers. Norwich are all huff and no creativity, pace or excitement as it is.

Basically trying to say that I think you're talking about 2 managers, and maybe a handful more.

I think he was trying to make a broader point about how failing managers are percieved by fans.

Jonas is a shrewd loan for Norwich. He will win free kicks and help to run down the clock in games they are hanging on for points in. He fits the situation they are in very well. Plus it's not like they paid any money.

They need to attack teams and give it a go. I love Jonas but the last thing they need is him lumbering around on the wings, not providing for their strikers. Norwich are all huff and no creativity, pace or excitement as it is.

Fair enough if he starts out wide for them.

Yet we see those complaints even when things are going well :lol:

:(

NOTE, not having a go at people complaining, just saying Pardew isn't just any other useless manager, he's special.

Basically trying to say that I think you're talking about 2 managers, and maybe a handful more.

I think he was trying to make a broader point about how failing managers are percieved by fans.

Ah, f*** it. :lol:

:lol:

I doubt very much Jonas will start on the LW for Norwich.

Paul Ince loses 9 out of 10 games, and then drives his son to meet Monaco and set up a free summer move costing Blackpool about £6 million in lost transfer fees I think he could be next out.