The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

What a crock of shite that is, man. This league's fucked.

They weren't having a great season but they've had a few injuries and, in all honesty, their squad just isn't that amazing. Bony and Shelvey were reasonable signings but the former was always going to take time - he's shown glimpses - and the latter, well, you get what you pay for.

Managers just don't get any time at all these days. They were set-up well down there. Ridiculous.

I think there's more to it than meets the eye tbh, any sane person would back Laudrup to keep them up.

He hasn't got much reputation for keeping a Premiership team up while being in Europe. Pardew has. They should go for Pardew.

Maybe offer us Bony as compensation.

Theyre 12th & 2 points off the relegation zone. League is way to close atm.

Very odd decision, seems very reactive. They've had a period of difficult fixtures bar the last couple, youd not expect them to beat Man City, Chelsea, Everton, Spurs, Man Utd anyway.

Just seen the quotes:

From the quotes in that article it sounds like it could be Laudrup's unwillingness to commit to the club as much as their performances.

“It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael’s long-term future with us.

“However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.

“Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.’’

Hmm, what a shame for Swansea.

Get the f*** out of here. What are Swansea expecting ffs :lol:

To be honest their situation is similar to ours last season, what with being in Europe and struggling in the league, and we all anted Pardew out. Granted the standard of football isn't comparable, but they are genuinely at risk of relegation, having spent a fair bit of money (something Pardew wasn't allowed to do).

this, I think what will have been the tipping point was 30 mins odd vs 10 man West Ham and never even remotely threaten their goal. Premature perhaps but there's been stories saying he wasn't well liked by the players from day one, now when you get results those complaints seem minor and irrelevant when you don't they become deafening

:thup: Good points. He's been unlucky with injuries though, but I guess after spending a fair amount that's not really an excuse. I'd have him here for sure though.

They spent 20 mil, most of it on Bony and Shelvey who both look decent.

Bony does, shelverys very inconsistent and is he really better than Ki who he sent out on loan? Not for me personally.

Sending Ki out on loan really makes me raise an eyebrow about his judgement. There's very little competition but he is the best midfielder I've ever seen in a sunderland shirt (please recall him, Monk!).

Last year when we were in a similar position (Europe, relegation battle), we bought half a new team.

Swansea have signed N'Gog & Emnes. Two players who you wouldn't expect Championship promotion chasers to sign, nevermind a team battling to stay up with a European campaign still running. No idea if those were "Laudrup signings", but I can imagine our reaction this time last year if we'd done that when trying to stay up.

Really, really weird signings those two.

Well I'm guessing they've nowt to spend - and they've got fuck all in the way of out-and-out strikers after Bony. Michu's had injury problems, too. It's just a couple of budget strikers at the end of the day, nowt sack-worthy.

I never said he should be sacked because of them, just really weird signings. They were poor middle to lower Championship players. Surely the money spent on those two could have gone on one decent premier league quality player, even if it was just on loan.

Get the f*** out of here. What are Swansea expecting ffs :lol:

To be honest their situation is similar to ours last season, what with being in Europe and struggling in the league, and we all anted Pardew out. Granted the standard of football isn't comparable, but they are genuinely at risk of relegation, having spent a fair bit of money (something Pardew wasn't allowed to do).

this, I think what will have been the tipping point was 30 mins odd vs 10 man West Ham and never even remotely threaten their goal. Premature perhaps but there's been stories saying he wasn't well liked by the players from day one, now when you get results those complaints seem minor and irrelevant when you don't they become deafening

:thup: Good points. He's been unlucky with injuries though, but I guess after spending a fair amount that's not really an excuse. I'd have him here for sure though.

They spent 20 mil, most of it on Bony and Shelvey who both look decent.

Bony does, shelverys very inconsistent and is he really better than Ki who he sent out on loan? Not for me personally.

Sending Ki out on loan really makes me raise an eyebrow about his judgement. There's very little competition but he is the best midfielder I've ever seen in a sunderland shirt (please recall him, Monk!).

Last year when we were in a similar position (Europe, relegation battle), we bought half a new team.

Swansea have signed N'Gog & Emnes. Two players who you wouldn't expect Championship promotion chasers to sign, nevermind a team battling to stay up with a European campaign still running. No idea if those were "Laudrup signings", but I can imagine our reaction this time last year if we'd done that when trying to stay up.

Really, really weird signings those two.

Well I'm guessing they've nowt to spend - and they've got fuck all in the way of out-and-out strikers after Bony. Michu's had injury problems, too. It's just a couple of budget strikers at the end of the day, nowt sack-worthy.

I never said he should be sacked because of them, just really weird signings. They were poor middle to lower Championship players. Surely the money spent on those two could have gone on one decent premier league quality player, even if it was just on loan.

Aye you did, and I fucking burned you for it.

Nah, fair dos. I agree, like - you'd think they could get better and I'd say that for the majority of their signings this season. They played some utter guff in their matches in the Europa League, I noticed; Lamah, Vasquez off the top of my head. Rubbish. And Routledge, he's shit. :pow:

If there is one downside to him and this bar the West Ham match because I've never see interview, but I've never seen him criticise himself, players or performance. He's always looking at positive things even if there wasn't any in the match. Mentioned on here before how much shit he actually talks when assessing his match and maybe the board have felt he's not addressing the issues. Still think it's a horrendous call and he's still better than the fair share of managers in the league and be surprised if Swansea can upgrade.

Strangely worded statement that, almost makes you wonder about why his position was so 'unstable'. Maybe he was agitating behind the scenes or making noises about the summer etc.

He's been pretty much constantly linked with other clubs hasn't he?

Just seen the quotes:

From the quotes in that article it sounds like it could be Laudrup's unwillingness to commit to the club as much as their performances.

“It is the first time in nearly 10 years that the club has parted with a manager in this way, but we had to remove the constant uncertainty surrounding the club and Michael’s long-term future with us.

“However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years.

“Now we need to put that uncertainty behind us and move forward as a united football club on all fronts, while placing on record our gratitude to Michael for the work he has done over the last 18 months and wish him well for the future.’’

Hmm, what a shame for Swansea.

Pardew's a stick-around kinda guy, they should snap him up on an extended contract!

Strangely worded statement that, almost makes you wonder about why his position was so 'unstable'. Maybe he was agitating behind the scenes or making noises about the summer etc.

He's been pretty much constantly linked with other clubs hasn't he?

It's probably what happens when you have a talented, ambitious manager. I wouldn't know, like.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Wow surprised but Swansea were  in a poor run of form despite winning last week and are just 3 points off 2nd from bottom Cardiff. Maybe he lost the dressing room too, who knows?

I could well be missing something here but...

Is it a case of Laudrup being that good, or Pardew being that bad?

Laudrup's done a pretty poor job this season. His track record is decent but not exactly amazing. He seems to fall out with people a fair bit and can't seem to stay in a job for any length of time. Pardew is 13 points clear of him with no money to spend. Europa League (correctly) wasn't tolerated as an excuse for us.

Judging by your post this may come as something as a shock to you but: Swansea and Newcastle are not the same.

Newcastle are a bigger club, have better players, more money, higher salaries and  more fans than Swansea.

Newcastle United also have a gym for their players, Swansea don't.

I'll have you know we do have a gym and not 1 but 2 nice shiny new training grounds!!