The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Get the f*** out of here. What are Swansea expecting ffs :lol:

To be honest their situation is similar to ours last season, what with being in Europe and struggling in the league, and we all anted Pardew out. Granted the standard of football isn't comparable, but they are genuinely at risk of relegation, having spent a fair bit of money (something Pardew wasn't allowed to do).

this, I think what will have been the tipping point was 30 mins odd vs 10 man West Ham and never even remotely threaten their goal. Premature perhaps but there's been stories saying he wasn't well liked by the players from day one, now when you get results those complaints seem minor and irrelevant when you don't they become deafening

:thup: Good points. He's been unlucky with injuries though, but I guess after spending a fair amount that's not really an excuse. I'd have him here for sure though.

They spent 20 mil, most of it on Bony and Shelvey who both look decent.

To be honest their situation is similar to ours last season, what with being in Europe and struggling in the league, and we all anted Pardew out. Granted the standard of football isn't comparable, but they are genuinely at risk of relegation, having spent a fair bit of money (something Pardew wasn't allowed to do).

this, I think what will have been the tipping point was 30 mins odd vs 10 man West Ham and never even remotely threaten their goal. Premature perhaps but there's been stories saying he wasn't well liked by the players from day one, now when you get results those complaints seem minor and irrelevant when you don't they become deafening

:thup: Good points. He's been unlucky with injuries though, but I guess after spending a fair amount that's not really an excuse. I'd have him here for sure though.

Bony does, shelverys very inconsistent and is he really better than Ki who he sent out on loan? Not for me personally.

LAUDRUP GONE: OFFICIAL on 19:50 - Feb 4 with 434 nantywatcher

A pity he's not taking Bony with him!!

Swansea fans, even more mental than Brett.

I'd have happily swapped Pards/Cabaye for Laudrup/Bony, such is my dislike for fartpoo.

I could well be missing something here but...

Is it a case of Laudrup being that good, or Pardew being that bad?

Laudrup's done a pretty poor job this season. His track record is decent but not exactly amazing. He seems to fall out with people a fair bit and can't seem to stay in a job for any length of time. Pardew is 13 points clear of him with no money to spend. Europa League (correctly) wasn't tolerated as an excuse for us.

Bony does, shelverys very inconsistent and is he really better than Ki who he sent out on loan? Not for me personally.

Sending Ki out on loan really makes me raise an eyebrow about his judgement. There's very little competition but he is the best midfielder I've ever seen in a sunderland shirt (please recall him, Monk!).

Sending Ki out on loan really makes me raise an eyebrow about his judgement. There's very little competition but he is the best midfielder I've ever seen in a sunderland shirt (please recall him, Monk!).

Catts for me like.

Sorry.

yep very strange as is the signing of N'Gog and Emnes if he was the one who sanctioned them

They're doing s*** and battling relegation. If Swansea think that's the right move for them then good on them for acting. Yeah they play pretty football but most fans wanted Pardew out after similar seasons.

Swansea are 3 places below where they finished last season.

Lots of rumours on Laudrup been doing the rounds, not as interested as he should be and a number of players not as fit as should be.

Sounds like Jenkins tried to fix whatever was wrong today but in the end gave up.

Monk's been talked about as a future manager for some time, not saying he'll be the full time manager yet but I know he's highly thought of.

the last time Jenkins pushed an player in charge without any managerial experience was a fellow he got back from Chester 6 months after he left us, his name was Martinez.

Laudrup's done a pretty poor job this season. His track record is decent but not exactly amazing. He seems to fall out with people a fair bit and can't seem to stay in a job for any length of time. Pardew is 13 points clear of him with no money to spend. Europa League (correctly) wasn't tolerated as an excuse for us.

Judging by your post this may come as something as a shock to you but: Swansea and Newcastle are not the same.

Newcastle are a bigger club, have better players, more money, higher salaries and  more fans than Swansea.

Newcastle United also have a gym for their players, Swansea don't.

They're doing shit and battling relegation. If Swansea think that's the right move for them then good on them for acting. Yeah they play pretty football but most fans wanted Pardew out after similar seasons.

If we played pretty football Pardew would have a lot more fans tbf.

Judging by your post this may come as something as a shock to you but: Swansea and Newcastle are not the same.

Newcastle are a bigger club, have better players, more money, higher salaries and  more fans than Swansea.

Newcastle United also have a gym for their players, Swansea don't.

We might have more money but I bet they have spent more over the last couple of seasons.

It is tight down there but I would imagine the Swansea fans would have expected better than they are doing, only 2 points off relegation after 24 games.

I would imagine most neutrals would have expected them being further away at the start of the season too.