The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Most new managers get improved results (apart from Pardew at West Brom) in the short term. The players usually try to impress the new boss. Southampton appointing Hughes to the end of the season is a low risk for them considering their fans considered the club certain for relegation. If Hughes doesn't improve them and they get relegated they'll not keep him. If Hughes keeps them up they still don't have to award him a longer contract if they think they can get a better manager in the Summer.

Fair point. I'm sure Hughes will get a nice bonus if he keeps them up aswell.

Just realised Hughes could potentially be responsible for two relegations this season, Stoke and Southampton. That along with WBA would be nice.

Southampton will be fine now, he usually does ok at the start of his time with a club, it's when he beds in a people see him for what he is that it all comes unstuck, just like Pardew, maybe like Pardew though this is one too many times on the same journey.

Just realised Hughes could potentially be responsible for two relegations this season, Stoke and Southampton. That along with WBA would be nice.

Southampton will be fine now, he usually does ok at the start of his time with a club, it's when he beds in a people see him for what he is that it all comes unstuck, just like Pardew, maybe like Pardew though this is one too many times on the same journey.

He's bascially said today that he's not going to try and make friends in the next couple of months. :lol:

STAMped out

Crazy to think he was a penalty shootout away from being in the Prem. Did a really good/ lucky job for them last year

They've tanked badly this year, could easily get sucked into the relegation fight.

Always wonder where clubs who lose the Play-Offs would have turned out. Like had Hartlepool held on against Sheff Wed to reach the Championship, Gateshead if they'd made the Football League a few years ago when crowds were on the up...

Hartlepool would have went straight back down. Gateshead would be a mid table League 2 side at best, possibly the smallest team in the league.

Clement appointed manager of Reading.

Surprised he's went that low.

I'm the opposite, surprised anyone else is taking a chance on him, he's made his reputation by hanging on the coat tails of a world class manager, done nothing himself to deserve the opportunities he's been given.

I'm the opposite, surprised anyone else is taking a chance on him, he's made his reputation by hanging on the coat tails of a world class manager, done nothing himself to deserve the opportunities he's been given.

In his two jobs he had Derby in the play-off places and got sacked due to his style of football, and kept Swansea up last season despite being in a shit position when he took over after the marvelous job Bob Bradley did, admittedly he was a bit naff this season, but there is enough there to show hes a decent manager.

I know I keep plugging Athletico Mince, but there's a great episode of the British Manager's Lunch Club on the newest one (Big Sam, Pardew, Pulis, Roy and Moyes).

It's absolute gold  :lol: Both Mince and the lunch club. This weeks Peter Beardsley was ridiculous as well!

I know I keep plugging Athletico Mince, but there's a great episode of the British Manager's Lunch Club on the newest one (Big Sam, Pardew, Pulis, Roy and Moyes).

It's absolute gold  :lol: Both Mince and the lunch club. This weeks Peter Beardsley was ridiculous as well!

The Sunderland song is excellent as well, wanted to transcribe it for the mackem thread but couldn't quite be bothered.

Edit: done it!

In his two jobs he had Derby in the play-off places and got sacked due to his style of football, and kept Swansea up last season despite being in a shit position when he took over after the marvelous job Bob Bradley did, admittedly he was a bit naff this season, but there is enough there to show hes a decent manager.

Clement’s shit. Poor Reading.

You just seem to have a chip on your shoulder due to Bradley getting sacked for some weird reason. :lol:

You just seem to have a chip on your shoulder due to Bradley getting sacked for some weird reason. :lol:

Just because Bradley deserved to get sacked doesn’t make Clement any less shit. There’s no chip on my shoulder, Clement is shit - has done shit, and will be shot for Reading. Employ someone better, Reading.