The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

19 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Ugh. I get the ambition angle but Chelsea...disgusting place and he'll only end up like all the others.

IMG_8354.thumb.jpeg.be5e41e4f4ce242c869534cf4724c654.jpeg

Makes for pretty bleak reading. Not one of the last five substantive managers even got close to two years. 

Sign for Chelsea and you're financially sorted for the rest of your life or stay with Ipswich on a relatively poor wage and potentially never get an opportunity like this ever again. You can see why the likes of him would jump at a chance like this.

Part of me is intensely irritated by the myopia of some of these clubs. There’s little to no thought of hiring a manager and allowing him the chance to build something. The only goal is to win immediately and at all costs, not recognizing that there are likely only a handful of managers capable of doing so anyway. It’s such a cynical, dipshit way to approach the game and would drive me absolutely crazy as a supporter

To say nothing of ownership that insists on meddling directly in football affairs, rather than hiring a DoF to build a coherent footballing structure and working harmoniously with their manager. We’re really fortunate at NUFC.

31 minutes ago, STM said:

Chelsea is the only club you can manage, get sacked from and come out with a better reputation.

It's a good point tbf

Tuchel ended up at Bayern, Potter recently turned down Ajax and is linked to every "big job" going in England. Poch won't have any trouble finding work.

If McKenna believes in his own ability he's probably thinking he'll only enhance his reputation by going there, even if he gets binned within a year the narrative could well be "Same old crazy Chelsea!" rather than "McKenna in over his head".

48 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Why does that matter in the slightest? :lol:

You know how football works right ? 

26 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Sign for Chelsea and you're financially sorted for the rest of your life or stay with Ipswich on a relatively poor wage and potentially never get an opportunity like this ever again. You can see why the likes of him would jump at a chance like this.

Absolutely this. And the fact that they'll all think they're the one that can fix Chelsea permanently.

31 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

They only gave Poch a 1 year contract mind.  This was the extra 12 months just not being exercised.

1 hour ago, Gaztoon said:

Don't see the logic in him leaving Ipswich. Go to Brighton and anywhere outside the top half is seen as a failure.. just staying up with Ipswich increases his reputation.

Atleast give Ipswich a year.

He may look at Paul Heckingbottom, he was cock of the North this time last year and now he's on the dole, managers should probably take any opportunity chucked at them 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

It's a good point tbf

Tuchel ended up at Bayern, Potter recently turned down Ajax and is linked to every "big job" going in England. Poch won't have any trouble finding work.

If McKenna believes in his own ability he's probably thinking he'll only enhance his reputation by going there, even if he gets binned within a year the narrative could well be "Same old crazy Chelsea!" rather than "McKenna in over his head".

Nor should he. He did well at Spurs and finished thos season incredibly strong with a very disjointed Chelsea squad. I've no idea what Boehly expects.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman

10 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nor should he. He did well at Spurs and finished thos season incredibly strong with a very disjointed Chelsea squad. I've no idea what Boehly expects.

Good data ?

Feel quite sorry for Ipswich and their fans in all this. All the excitement of a brilliant season and first one back in the big time for 20 years and their manager immediately touted around. It would never happen but i'd love one of these managers to come out and say something along the lines of "I'd never want to go to a club that chews up and spits out their coaches like Chelsea do. There's more to life than London and money". 

50 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Totally. Football's a strange business in which your career can collapse overnight. McKenna retired injured at 22, he'll have only made a relative pittance from the game so far. Puts any decision he makes in a different light. 

Plus, I fully agree with the idea Chelsea's reputation is so poor now that they're more likely to come off with a smell than the next manager.

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Feel quite sorry for Ipswich and their fans in all this. All the excitement of a brilliant season and first one back in the big time for 20 years and their manager immediately touted around. It would never happen but i'd love one of these managers to come out and say something along the lines of "I'd never want to go to a club that chews up and spits out their coaches like Chelsea do. There's more to life than London and money". 

It's certainly shitty for Ipswich, that's true. Modern football is grim.

2 hours ago, Deuce said:

Rise, King @Alan Pardew

YES LADS!! One final dance with The King so to say. Oh to be back on the field, managing. Winning some games, probably lose some as well I’m not perfect lads I know that. I’d take a Championship job as well lads I’ll tell you that much. I hope someone comes through for me. One final dance. 

I did get 5th and EL while young Eddie had to settle for 7th and the conference. 

dinner time for me lads. Probably have what everyone else is having. See ya later. 

2 minutes ago, Alan Pardew said:

YES LADS!! One final dance with The King so to say. Oh to be back on the field, managing. Winning some games, probably lose some as well I’m not perfect lads I know that. I’d take a Championship job as well lads I’ll tell you that much. I hope someone comes through for me. One final dance. 

I did get 5th and EL while young Eddie had to settle for 7th and the conference. 

dinner time for me lads. Probably have what everyone else is having. See ya later. 

God, I want to believe. :lol:

38 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

God, I want to believe. :lol:

Easily the best account on here - its believeable its him as well.

The thought of Chelsea burning through or otherwise repelling managers and ending up with Pards is unreasonably funny.

1 minute ago, Deuce said:

The thought of Chelsea burning through or otherwise repelling managers and ending up with Pards is unreasonably funny.

ME2sM-.gif

34 minutes ago, Menace said:

Easily the best account on here - its believeable its him as well.

I'd be genuinely disappointed if it wasn't tbh