The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

West Ham will be down again within five years iyam. Such a nowt club.

That's completely wrong, got more history than at least half the league for starters.

They have a shit name and shit colours. Other than that I don't mind them all that much.

Hoooooooooooooo!!!!!

I like having Leicester in the PL mind, I must say. Wouldn't mind Nottingham Forest and Sheff Wed back as well. Leeds I suppose as well. Hated them but I'd rather have them than Hull, Bolton, Boro, Wigan et al.

I've always liked Forest.

They're not far from me geographically, and I remember as a kid Cloughie bringing them from nothing to champions of Europe. Twice.

I think Clough's achievements with Forest (and Derby, for that matter) are what make him the most brilliant English manager for me.

I like having Leicester in the PL mind, I must say. Wouldn't mind Nottingham Forest and Sheff Wed back as well. Leeds I suppose as well. Hated them but I'd rather have them than Hull, Bolton, Boro, Wigan et al.

They're not far from me geographically, and I remember as a kid Cloughie bringing them from nothing to champions of Europe. Twice.

I think Clough's achievements with Forest (and Derby, for that matter) are what make him the most brilliant English manager for me.

Yup. They were nothing before or after, which says a lot.

Nobody has ever come close to what he did at Forest in the late 70s/early 80s.

I think we should automatically relegate Stoke, Swansea etc and bring back the 90s clubs. Forest, Wednesday, Coventry...

Came from nowhere in the old second division to win the 1st Division title first time of asking and to go on and win a couple of European Cups when it was a real champions competition was a remarkable achievment. Built several teams which where very pleasing football wise too. Edges Bob Paisley for me too.

Nobody has ever come close to what he did at Forest in the late 70s/early 80s.

I think we should automatically relegate Stoke, Swansea etc and bring back the 90s clubs. Forest, Wednesday, Coventry...

LIke Swansea seem to be an ambitious club and partly fan owned too.

Guest firetotheworks

Hated them but I'd rather have them than Hull, Bolton, Boro, Wigan et al.

None of which are in the Premier League.

...but ye nah, have been. Pedant.

Stoke deserve 10 years immunity imo for twatting Chelsea & Liverpool in their last 2 home games.

Think Mark Hughes gets a raw deal actually. Did wonders with Blackburn when he took over from where Souness left them imo, is doing very well with Stoke. Of all the "British merry-go-round" types, he's the one I've got most time for.

There's something not right about him though,  he's hot that unquantifiable dickishness. He's a wrong un, but I can't put my finger on why.

He's like Bruce, blames the ref for every point they drop. Pretty underrated manager tbf, even did a good job for Wales. Was rubbish at QPR, but can't imagine anyone doing well there.

Hated them but I'd rather have them than Hull, Bolton, Boro, Wigan et al.

None of which are in the Premier League.

But who have been in the PL more recently than Leeds, was the point.

Quality insight. But there's teams in the Premier League right now serving as better examples.

I don't agree, anyway. PL is much better off without them, and I say that as someone with a lot of connections to Leeds.

Guest firetotheworks

Quality insight. But there's teams in the Premier League right now serving as better examples.

I don't agree, anyway. PL is much better off without them, and I say that as someone with a lot of connections to Leeds.

Right back atcha. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

CGaaGNkWgAAfsRa.jpg:large

Derby looks nice

He's going to have an absolute nightmare trying to sign on that surface.