The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I actually rate McClaren a bit higher than Moyes like.

No way IMO

Done more in his career tbh. What he did at Boro is akin to what Moyes done at Everton and of course he won the Dutch League. Moyes is Pullis without the cap.

Didn't he have a fair bit of money to spend at boro. Everton were always balanced in their spending and he brought through Rooney, Stones, Coleman, Barkley and built a decent side that were well organised and hard to beat. Maybe the key is a half likeable manager like Moyes or McLaren being given the time they need to shape it and build something even if we are a bit s*** or up and down during the process. I could never give Pardew that time because he was an insufferable c*** of the highest order.

I can half tolerate alky Schteeve McDutchman as long as he recognises his mistakes and attempts to rectify, which he appears to be doing

They are a much of a muchness tbh. I just prefer McClaren over Moyes, only slightly mind.

I think he talks some sense and I don't want to punch him in the face every time.

This can be about either but doesn't apply to the southern based, self indulgent shitbag

Same here but there's not a lot in it. Both are cautious, with McClaren playing slightly better football. I think they are both yesterday's men tbh, there are far brighter and younger coaches coming through.

Guest Howaythetoon

Same here but there's not a lot in it. Both are cautious, with McClaren playing slightly better football. I think they are both yesterday's men tbh, there are far brighter and younger coaches coming through.

Agreed. They will both one day end up at a club and do well enough using their style and methods but if you are a so-called big club like us and wanting to progress you don't appoint a Moyes or a McClaren.

Agreed. They will both one day end up at a club and do well enough using their style and methods but if you are a so-called big club like us and wanting to progress you don't appoint a Moyes or a McClaren.

Absolutely, Moyes for me has an underdog mentality, can create a decent/solid team but doesn't have a brand of exciting football. McClaren likes a team that's easier on the eyes but still is lacking in real quality. Both are good managers for lower midtable teams which, with our infastructure, we shouldn't be aspiring to.

Lower midtable, man. Moyes had Everton consistently finishing top 6 without a penny to spend. People loving perpetuating silly stereotypes by rewriting history, like.

No doubting Moyes has a lot about him as a manager but I reckon the stability he was given by Everton contributed a lot to his output. Not surprising like, but I doubt he would get the chance to build NUFC from the bottom up the way he was allowed to do for Everton.

Lower midtable, man. Moyes had Everton consistently finishing top 6 without a penny to spend. People loving perpetuating silly stereotypes by rewriting history, like.

:thup: They barely spent anything for years.  The guy did a fantastic job.

Guest Howaythetoon

:thup: They barely spent anything for years.  The guy did a fantastic job.

He did, but he was afforded total control and this spent nowt stuff is bollocks like, they spent what money they had, same as Boro.

Moyes is a good manager but he is the kind of manager that will only ever be a good fit at a certain club, Everton was his fit. Big Sam and Bolton. Pullis and Stoke, Pardew and Palace. Remove them from their type of clubs and they struggle. McClaren at least has shown that he can adapt and do something away from his club, i.e. a Boro. What he achieved at Twente is massive and gives him a leg up if you like in my reckoning.

He's not the right man for us and never will be but I'd rather have him here than say Moyes who would be just another Pullis or Big Sam IMO, for us anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fair enough, my point still stands though, he's an underwhelming manager ideal for certain clubs of which we are not!

Moyes must kick himself for leaving Everton. Job for life there. Still he will be a very rich man from his last two dismissals.

Wonder what other progression can you totally miss expectations and end up with more money than what you would if you hit them?

I'd still have him here like. He's a much better manager the what we've got, but he's probably still not good enough.

Moyes must kick himself for leaving Everton. Job for life there. Still he will be a very rich man from his last two dismissals.

Wonder what other progression can you totally miss expectations and end up with more money than what you would if you hit them?

I'd still have him here like. He's a much better manager the what we've got, but he's probably still not good enough.

Agree but it would have been nigh on impossible to say no to Man U once they asked him. In hindsight he should have stayed put but can understand totally why he gave it a go. Didn't work out but it shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him with too much imo. He was always on a hiding to nothing following Ferguson.

Agree but it would have been nigh on impossible to say no to Man U once they asked him. In hindsight he should have stayed put but can understand totally why he gave it a go. Didn't work out but it shouldn't be used as a stick to beat him with too much imo. He was always on a hiding to nothing following Ferguson.

It's still a poisoned job manure. Unsure of what he's done or not done over in Spain but for any English manager to go to a top division and succeed is rare, so rare you've got to go back two decades for a decent example (unless I'm forgetting someone (schteve doesn't count IMO even though it was a great victory to win the Dutch league, it's not Spain, Italy or Germany))

But two bad experiences on the bounce is hard to take and may have knocked his confidence and his approach. His next job which will either be back in the prem or Scottish based will make or break the rest of his career. He'd be best trying to get yhe Celtic job it's next up. Build himself back up .

Balague is such a fucking weirdo.

:lol: Sounds vaguely racist and threatening. Sub British for "African" or "Asian" and there'd be hell on.

sat puzzling what he's actually trying to say here like, is he having a veiled dig at the UK shitfest manager merrygoround where they do the same thing every time, perform badly, get sacked, walk into another job then repeat it all?

if he is then fair play, whether he's an arsehole or not