The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

I see nowt in him to say he's a sure thing to take them up. Playing for promotion where you have to win every week is very different from the way he's been managing for the last ten years. His promotion with Stoke was a career first, in any division, and the last team to be promoted from the second tier with a lower points total than Stoke got was in 1988.

I see nowt in him to say he's a sure thing to take them up. Playing for promotion where you have to win every week is very different from the way he's been managing for the last ten years. His promotion with Stoke was a career first, in any division, and the last team to be promoted from the second tier with a lower points total than Stoke got was in 1988.

Interesting stats them.  I'm quite intrigued to see how he does now.

Interesting stats them.  I'm quite intrigued to see how he does now.

Slightly incorrect actually, he did take Gillingham up from the 4th tier in 2nd place in 1995.

You can tell they were his team like, check out the goals for and against compared to everyone else. :lol:

height=600https://i.imgur.com/TGQba6d.png[/img]

Guest neesy111

Apparently boro's defence has been a mess under monk and it's basically the some one they've had for the last 2 years, so I suspect he'll sort that out.  They'll make the play-offs.

Devil's advocate wise you might look at it and say he's been pragmatic during his time in the PL, often having to manage with less resources than his opponents.

They've got two big strikers who can score and a decent back four theoretically, I wouldn't be shocked to see them up through the playoffs now.

It'll be interesting to see how he approaches it. He's always been used to scrapping for survival, any means necessary, keep it tight and grind the results out to reach a certain number of points. Now he's going to have to switch things completely and look to attack, score and win as many games as possible. Complete flip of mentality for him, I'll be interested to see how he goes about it.

It'll be interesting to see how he approaches it. He's always been used to scrapping for survival, any means necessary, keep it tight and grind the results out to reach a certain number of points. Now he's going to have to switch things completely and look to attack, score and win as many games as possible. Complete flip of mentality for him, I'll be interested to see how he goes about it.

I'm not seeing that myself, we didn't go and all out attack the champo with Rafa, we kept it tight from the off and tried to nick goals. We happened to have Gayle and a few others that were enough to tip games for us.

Boro spent loads on strikers, if he can tighten the defence (!) and get them scoring enough they'll go up. That's the formula for the champo and to me he seems very well suited.

I'm defending pulis apparently.