The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest firetotheworks

It's fair to say that judging by the Stoke messageboard, the majority are absolutely gutted and think that it'll send them down.

It's fair to say that judging by the Stoke messageboard, the majority are absolutely gutted and think that it'll send them down.

Oatcake? I can't cope with their lack of page index at the bottom of threads and not even having a 'go up' button. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Oatcake? I can't cope with their lack of page index at the bottom of threads and not even having a 'go up' button. :lol:

They have a floating one at the top. Just sayin'... :lol:

They have a floating one at the top. Just sayin'... :lol:

Hmm, maybe ublock stops it. :laugh:

Seems like a terribad appointment, but he did improve Wolves considerably last year when he took over, probably doesn't need to be outstanding to keep Stoke up. Negative though, is that that squad is old full of players who are playing for not much more than a pay day, it's unblanaced and Lambert is a long term disaster of an appointment, might well save them this year but will probably drop next.

Appointment seems odd, but will have to see how it pans out.   

Huddersfield, Watford, Brighton all at home in coming games.

They really need to win 2 from those. If they don't, it's going to be difficult for them (only won once away this season).

So that's 2 managers recently who have been sacked from Championship jobs and their next job is in the Prem

Mike Ashley likes this - but not for 3 or 4 weeks because y'know what's the rush?

FYP

Lambert doesn't seem to me particularly worse than Mark Hughes or any number of other average managers in this league. His stint at Villa obviously ended in disaster, but the real strange part of his tenure was the fact was that it was allowed to continue for so long. Most managers will fail at some point, and he has found success elsewhere. For the purposes of this season, the most important aspect was to simply remove Hughes from the dressing room. It was fairly clearly that he had lost the ear of what is ostensibly a fairly talented squad, and I would expect results to improve with a new man.