The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Guest Howaythetoon

Don’t get the Froggy hate like, he’s just talking about his club in the way anyone would really. For me, unless the board change their recruitment system not even a world-class manager will make a huge difference. For OGS, he may or may not be a good coach/manager, but regardless, unless you have the power of personality and an authoritative character, you’re never going to stand up to the kind of challenges he’s facing. Mourinho barely could. The manager isn’t the only problem at Man Utd, the board are, the recruitment, the culture of the players and of course having to now play catch up. They will always win trophies and compete for the top 4 and Europe, but they may have a decade or more similar to Arsenal and Liverpool with many lean years in between successful years. An era of total dominance is over, for any club.

Don’t get the Froggy hate like, he’s just talking about his club in the way anyone would really. For me, unless the board change their recruitment system not even a world-class manager will make a huge difference. For OGS, he may or may not be a good coach/manager, but regardless, unless you have the power of personality and an authoritative character, you’re never going to stand up to the kind of challenges he’s facing. Mourinho barely could. The manager isn’t the only problem at Man Utd, the board are, the recruitment, the culture of the players and of course having to now play catch up. They will always win trophies and compete for the top 4 and Europe, but they may have a decade or more similar to Arsenal and Liverpool with many lean years in between successful years. An era of total dominance is over, for any club.

Again, what in the actual fuck are you talking about? If 3 years of Rafa didn't teach you what a world class manager can do with shit compared to a total no mark like OG Nostaljaer then I can't help you.

Agree. 

The squad is in awful shape at the moment. There aren't many managers who could do better.

This is a fucking remarkable statement from someone that presumably lived through the Ferguson era.

Ferguson is retired. I did say they aren't many who could do better. Benitez could well be one of them.

Guest chopey

José Mourinho turned down the chance to become Lyon's new manager yesterday; explained to President Aulas that he wants to ideally take up a job in England (RMC)

Spurs?

Everton if he gets money and they can find a new location for the stadium.

I have to say I thought OGS was getting a lot of undue stick, but if he can’t get that Man Yoo team to even score against Brewcie’s Boys, then he’s obviously got some serious issues and must be on borrowed time now.

While that was another disgrace of a performance yesterday, we are missing Martial, Pogba, Lingard, Shaw, Lindelof, Bailly, Jones and Wan Bissaka. That's basically half the first team squad and two more players who would have played yesterday instead of Rojo or Tuanzebe given the injuries. Rashford is also carrying an injury and having to play due to how short we are. He's lost a lot of pace in recent weeks.

The squad is in awful shape at the moment. There aren't many managers who could do better. The only thing grating me now is Ole's interviews. He'll flat out refuse to criticise the team. Everything is "we were unlucky" or "that was a good performance." It's a stark contrast to his press work when he was caretaker manager.

I kinda struggle to see any manager in the PL who would do substantially worse than Solskjær at this point. Your squad isn't particularly good, but it isn't horrible either. It's becoming more and more obvious that he is out of his depth in the Premier League.

I believe with all the current injuries, the squad is terrible. The likes of West Ham, Everton etc. can currently put together better 11's than we can.

Eventually players are going to come back and everyone will be fit and healthy. If the performances remain like this then Solskjaer will have to go. As of now I'm behind him.

One injury is a fluke, half a team out and you've got to question the manager, surely? We went from one of the most injury ridden squads around for ages to barely having any during Rafa's time here.

José Mourinho turned down the chance to become Lyon's new manager yesterday; explained to President Aulas that he wants to ideally take up a job in England (RMC)

Spurs?

He scared of water like?

Guest chopey

Spurs?

He scared of water like?

Ha Ha, there are rumours that Everton have spunked loads of money for the planning and development for the new stadium but the ground will cost too much to prep

Spurs?

He scared of water like?

Ha Ha, there are rumours that Everton have spunked loads of money for the planning and development for the new stadium but the ground will cost too much to prep

Didn’t know that, ouch. Was a nice spot too.

Guest godzilla

Mourinho at Everton would be a spectacular fall from grace.

Wolves would be my bet.

Why would he replace the current manager though, he is doing a great job?