The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

TBF winning the league with Molde those years weren't hard with the amount of investment they had. They were the Norwegian equivalent to Man City.

That being said, I think it's unfair to judge him based on how he did with Cardiff. They had a woeful squad and any manager would have struggled to keep them up.

This is the first season, in my eyes at least, that he can be properly judged as a manager. A good manager should be able to get that squad into the top 5 by the end of the season, a great one into top 4. So far he's not doing very well.

The main criticism I would put forward about his time at Cardiff is the absolute rubbish players he signed. Jo Inge Berget, Mats Møller Dæhli and Magnus Wolff Eikrem in the Premier League? Absolutely ridiculous. Then again they weren't really signed to improve the team, they were signed to make money for Jim Solbakken, ugly stuff really.

Only reason he isn't pulling the same shit now is he knows he'd never get away with it.

All his signings at Cardiff were appaling tbh, not just the Solbakken lads.

Woodgate will be lucky to survive this. Miles away from Play-Off contention.

Lad at work was saying they’ll give him time and playoffs would be an overachievement this season.

Boro fans are calling for his head tonight

Not been the best start from Ole, but he does need more time imo.

Suggesting the sacking of a manager 6 games into a new season is ludicrous in my opinion, never mind the fact that he's a club legend which would probably buy him a bit more time anyway.

Ole Gunnar give you up

Ole Gunnar let you down

Ole Gunnar run around and desert you

Ole Gunnar make you cry

Ole Gunnar say goodbye

Ole Gunnar tell a lie and hurt you

If I was Poch, I'd walk away. Took them as far as he could but his reputation will be tarnished if it gets worse for Spurs. Just claim he has had enough and can't get more from the team and the board. He will be in a top job within 18 months. Kane will be off to Real next summer.

If I was Poch, I'd walk away. Took them as far as he could but his reputation will be tarnished if it gets worse for Spurs. Just claim he has had enough and can't get more from the team and the board. He will be in a top job within 18 months. Kane will be off to Real next summer.

Aye. The longer he stays at this rate, the less likely he is to get a top job.

Wonder if he’d stand a chance at the Barca job if Valverde leaves.

Guest neesy111

Aye. The longer he stays at this rate, the less likely he is to get a top job.

Wonder if he’d stand a chance at the Barca job if Valverde leaves.

Already said he'll never take that job on due to espanyol history.

OGS is utterly out of his depth.  He has always been out of his depth, despite the lucky run of wins early on and it was embarrassing for a club the size of Manchester United to appoint him.  Time to find a qualified manager with the skill set needed to manage in the Premier League. 

I thought at the time it was fair enough to give him the job considering the record he had (boy was that wrong) its just amazing to see how quickly its all fallen to pieces. Kinda reminds me a bit of Roeder here after he got the job permanently though tbf to Roeder iirc the injurys he had were horrific