The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I could see them going for a Lampard-esque appointment if they were to bin Emery. Arteta or Vieira would be a good bet. Emery will surely be given the season though

Surely Solskjaer and Lampard being average at best will stop this trend in the PL?

Solskjaer sitting 4th in the table tied on points with everyone that isn't Liverpool/City and Lampard just put 5 past Wolves.

Give it a bit of time yeah? :lol:

Banderas.gif

1 week is your definition of giving it time? :lol: Not surprised to be honest.

So using the table when it suits you is fine, but not when you're down to 8th, behind the lines of West Ham and Bournemouth?

I think you morons are forgetting how Ole crushed the slugs from Astana the other day in one of the finest performances sport has seen.

Certainly wasn't pleasing to the eye but a good result considering it was a complete second string bar Rashford and at a push, Matic.

So using the table when it suits you is fine, but not when you're down to 8th, behind the lines of West Ham and Bournemouth?

As I said, give it time. We won't finish 8th, Chelsea won't finish 11th and Wolves won't finish 19th.

Give him time ffs :lol:

He's been shite for ages, they've had a shite start to the season, he has absolutely no track record of managing at this level and they're showing no signs of changing.

Give him all the time in the world, he's not going to turn anything around or gain any semblance of consistency because hes a shit manager who is out of his depth. Awful appointment, was always going to happen.

Guest Howaythetoon

The thing with OGS and the situation at Man Utd is even if any number of managers could do better than him, none of them will do so much better and even those that could, unless they change their entire recruitment strategy and spend even more money, they will face the same problems and regardless, will need a lot of time to close the gap.

The real issue over sticking with OGS or getting rid is not whether he finishes 4th or not, but what kind of foundations he can put in place to use as a platform to build on and it’s obvious he’s just not capable of that meaning playing youngsters, and signing younger players with potential to aid a rebuild job is pointless if at the end of it all, there is still no basis in which to develop on from that. They may as well put the kit man in charge, whoever does replace OGS, they will be starting from square one all the same.

They fucked up badly with Moyes and in all that time they’ve wasted good years someone like Poch could have used to rebuild and right now, turned them around like Klopp has at Liverpool.

They should go all out for Simione and let him be in charge of the whole recruitment process and back him with the funds to bring in who he wants. A year or two later, you never know Pep and Klopp might have fucked off!

The thing with OGS and the situation at Man Utd is even if any number of managers could do better than him, none of them will do so much better and even those that could, unless they change their entire recruitment strategy and spend even more money, they will face the same problems and regardless, will need a lot of time to close the gap.

The real issue over sticking with OGS or getting rid is not whether he finishes 4th or not, but what kind of foundations he can put in place to use as a platform to build on and it’s obvious he’s just not capable of that meaning playing youngsters, and signing younger players with potential to aid a rebuild job is pointless if at the end of it all, there is still no basis in which to develop on from that. They may as well put the kit man in charge, whoever does replace OGS, they will be starting from square one all the same.

They fucked up badly with Moyes and in all that time they’ve wasted good years someone like Poch could have used to rebuild and right now, turned them around like Klopp has at Liverpool.

They should go all out for Simione and let him be in charge of the whole recruitment process and back him with the funds to bring in who he wants. A year or two later, you never know Pep and Klopp might have fucked off!

It's been a poor start to the season but there are numerous steps in the right direction so far. The transfer policy has already changed. RB and CB have been addressed. There is a pretty solid foundation being built. It's going to take numerous transfer windows, but Maguire, Wan-Bissaka and James are excellent signings and funny enough have been our three best players this season.

I see a lot of nonsense being talked about Poch. Why would Poch get the job? Spurs have a far better squad than us and Poch has done horribly compared to Ole.

I'd just like to remind you all that since Ole took over, only Liverpool and City have taken more points in the league. It hasn't been a good start, but of course it doesn't help losing Shaw, Pogba, Martial and Rashford to injuries. They're 3 of our best players and squad wise it's the equivalent of Liverpool losing Salah, Mane and Firmino. How do you think they would cope?

Typical jealous Newcastle fans. Ole destroyed Rochdale tonight, he rightfully made them look like the bunch of no hoper freaks that couldn’t get a cup noodle partner if their club depended on it.

This new shtick of yours is shite. :lol: You're better than this. But yes we beat Rochdale using a complete second string full of youngsters. Unlike Spurs, West Ham etc.

Instead of jumping the gun and hiring Ole, they should have waited and seen what happened with Allegri and got him in at the end of the season.

Can't wait for Ole to win the CL mind, seeing as he's better than Poch.

That's not what I said. Pochettino is likely a better coach than Solskjaer, but he has still won nothing and is in a horrendous run of form at the moment, worse than Man United, with a much better squad. It's hardly an inspired choice at this moment in time.

I agree on Allegri mind. The appointment of Ole was too soon and it should have been evaluated in the summer. He was likely always getting it mind, especially with the records he set.

Quite jealous of Froggy. Whether right, wrong or in between, he gets to defend his manager and team.

For another season and a half or so. 2 more windows then I'd be expecting big results. There is no real expectation on the team this year. I'm going to defend Ole, especially when he hasn't even had a half a season in the job.

Yeah he only needs two more windows to really Judge him, he’s only bought Maguire for  80m (more than VVD)  and AWB for 45m, the guy is working with scraps! Also his excellent track record at Cardiff and Moldeshould be taken into account imo. We’re any fans complaining last night when they beat Rochdale on pens? Doubt it.

Erm... :lol: Doesn't justify a response after including that. :lol: :lol: Won the league (which they had never won before) in his first two years. :facepalm:

And yes lets judge him with his signings after SIX games. :lol: Pathetic.

TBF winning the league with Molde those years weren't hard with the amount of investment they had. They were the Norwegian equivalent to Man City.

That being said, I think it's unfair to judge him based on how he did with Cardiff. They had a woeful squad and any manager would have struggled to keep them up.

This is the first season, in my eyes at least, that he can be properly judged as a manager. A good manager should be able to get that squad into the top 5 by the end of the season, a great one into top 4. So far he's not doing very well.

He was fairly new to management, his previous experience was with a club that bought players as if they were cheating on FM. He had no experience on how it is to manage a struggling club with low morale, which had to sell their best players after relegation. Lots of clubs struggle to turn their fortunes around after getting relegated and he only survived until mid/end September in the Championship.

It's just my opinion though. I can certainly understand why people draw conclusions on his abilities by this point.