The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Guest neesy111

Be interesting to see what Cardiff do with Warnock. They're well off the pace and spent a decent bit of money this season but wonder if he's got enough goodwill in the bank until the end of the season and then he'll finally retire

Should have bet on him being next manager sacked.

Happy retirement Colin

I don't think he was sacked.

Because that’s the sort of run of games that keeps average managers in their jobs longer than they should. If they were beating the top teams in there you’d maybe think OGS could make a fist of it. He’s probably bought himself until Christmas and it just means you meander around 7th to 10th a bit longer.

Ole isn't getting sacked like. I don't how people can't see the situation.

What would you have realistically expected that team to achieve, no matter who the manager was? The realistic expectation was 5th/6th with an outside chance of having a go at qualifying for the CL. The main issue was recruitment and signing the right players for the team. James, Wan-Bissaka and Maguire were and have been very good signings for the team. Two or three more good windows are required to get the team in shape to challenge but we're on the right track.

We're sitting in 7th at the minute, 1 point off 5th with a couple of games coming up that we should be winning. The way people talk is like we're going to be relegated. :lol:

The last paragraph is damning by faint praise, were only 2 points off fifth man.

Expectations at Old Trafford have never been so low.  OGS getting such an easy ride.

Especially when you consider the domestic dominance of their 2 biggest rivals, Liverpool and City. Can’t understand the patience they’re giving a poor manager as those 2 other clubs leave them in their dust. If he had any kind of track record in the game then I could understand it maybe, but there’s no reason at all to stick by him whilst deluding themselves he’s going to even start to close the gap, let alone overtake either of them. They’ve been firmly dragged back into the chasing pack and they seemingly couldn’t give a fuck. Very odd.

They've tried SAF's appointed successor, two high profile managers with good track records and buying established world class players. Nothing has worked.

I can see why they would give the long term plan a go.

They've tried SAF's appointed successor, two high profile managers with good track records and buying established world class players. Nothing has worked.

If they’d given a long term plan to someone like Eddie Howe, I’d agree, but not OGS.

If they’d given a long term plan to someone like Eddie Howe, I’d agree, but not OGS.

I would have been very happy with Eddie Howe. :thup:

Solskjaer deserves the time though. He is 3 months into his first full season in charge. It's about laying a foundation.

Solskjaer deserves the time though. He is 3 months into his first full season in charge. It's about laying a foundation.

Think giving solskjaer the time might end in 10 years of no champions league

It's obviously within reason, but all things considered Solskjaer has done a good job in his time in charge.

Only reason he has the job is because he played for them which is just ridiculous for a club like Man United.

He was also a coach and reserve team manager for us. He wasn't just plucked from thin air because he used to play for the club.

He got the job in the same way Pep got the Barcelona job, when Barcelona were at a far higher standing that what we are now. It's not like it's a new concept.

It's obviously within reason, but all things considered Solskjaer has done a good job in his time in charge.

Comon now hardly done a good job - how far have your expectations fell!

Man Utd should not be managed by ole end of

Where do you think our expectations should be? We've had the world class, guaranteed success managers and it didn't work. There needs to be a change of policy and a change of plans.

Where do you think our expectations should be? We've had the world class, guaranteed success managers and it didn't work. There needs to be a change of policy and a change of plans.

Well expectations should be top 4 really baring in mind where you have been,

Forgetting that expectations should be a top class manager to rebuild from scratch not a failed ex player

Guest neesy111

Guessing we should have kept Glenn Roeder for another 12-18 months when it was plain to see he wasn't up to it......

Lets see the similarities:

• Ex-player
  • Worked previously at club
  • Failed in the PL previously
  • Very good honeymoon period when not appointed full-time

Guessing we should have kept Glenn Roeder for another 12-18 months when it was plain to see he wasn't up to it......

Lets see the similarities:

• Ex-player
  • Worked previously at club
  • Failed in the PL previously
  • Very good honeymoon period when not appointed full-time

Again, not talking about performance at the club. Talking about why the appointment made sense at the time for the club.