The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Yeah he only needs two more windows to really Judge him, he’s only bought Maguire for  80m (more than VVD)  and AWB for 45m, the guy is working with scraps! Also his excellent track record at Cardiff and Moldeshould be taken into account imo. We’re any fans complaining last night when they beat Rochdale on pens? Doubt it.

Erm... :lol: Doesn't justify a response after including that. :lol: :lol: Won the league (which they had never won before) in his first two years. :facepalm:

And yes lets judge him with his signings after SIX games. :lol: Pathetic.

Yes in the ultra competitive league he was in, what an achievement. You should get Solbakken in that case.

I mean, not defending Ole here, but the competitiveness of the Norwegian league. The years Rosenborg have been fucked have been very competitive, fwiw. Mainly because everyone is shit, but still :lol: If he was the Rosenborg manager when they did 13 years in a row, I'd have understood the Solbakken comparison.

Solskjær's done extremely well with Molde (both times) fwiw. They had money, yes, but not anywhere close to the budgets Rosenborg and Vålerenga had at the time, for instance. He made them what they are today and brought through players like Haaland. As shit as he might be with Man Utd and how shit he was with Cardiff, that doesn't mean he was shit with Molde.

:lol: froggy sudden expert on the Norwegian league. Let’s have a look at some stuff on Molde. They’ve came second the past two seasons, and are first as we speak. Who’s managing them now? They were 6th the third season he was there.

Oh

“Ole Gunnar Solskjær left the club to sign for Premier League side Cardiff City on 2 January 2014. Under new manager Tor Ole Skullerud, Molde won their first domestic league and cup double in 2014”

Skullerand >>> OGS?

Skullerud is shit, he lived off the OGS scraps. See what happened to Molde as that team was broken up. After OGS got back, the Molde investors had pulled their support and Rosenborg had steadied their ship under Ingebritsen (who IMO is one of the better managers to ever come out of Norway, played expansive attacking football - always, even when he managed shit teams) and were dominant again. Rosenborg, now without Ingebritsen, have fallen to pieces and made way for the OGS scraps to just stroll the league.

I'm all for mocking OGS and his English performances, but his performances in the Norwegian league are very good - and I'm saying that as someone that extensively (sadly) follows the league.

A team has never won the league in their entire history and when they do SanToon tries to suggest it's an easy league. THEY HADN'T WON THE LEAGUE EVER. Jesus Christ.

Schteve at Twente says hi.

I don't understand how a manager can't be good at one club but absolute shit at others. All about what level/fit for the club they are at the time.

:lol: froggy sudden expert on the Norwegian league. Let’s have a look at some stuff on Molde. They’ve came second the past two seasons, and are first as we speak. Who’s managing them now? They were 6th the third season he was there.

Oh

“Ole Gunnar Solskjær left the club to sign for Premier League side Cardiff City on 2 January 2014. Under new manager Tor Ole Skullerud, Molde won their first domestic league and cup double in 2014”

Skullerand >>> OGS?

What is this guff? :lol: What an absolutely horrendous argument. Soskjaer put them on that platform. He was the one that won them their first titles in their history and elevated them.

Unlike you I am not claiming to be an expert, however our resident Norwegian is rinsing you and you have nothing to say. Typical.

A team has never won the league in their entire history and when they do SanToon tries to suggest it's an easy league. THEY HADN'T WON THE LEAGUE EVER. Jesus Christ.

I don't understand how a manager can't be good at one club but absolute shit at others. All about what level/fit for the club they are at the time.

Thats basically my point, what Ole did at Molde is completely irrelevant to his managerial abilities in the Premier League, and especially for a club like Man U.

I wouldn't want Rikard Norling at Newcastle because he won the league with AIK, for example. I mean, he'd be better than Bruce, but that's not the point :lol:

Thats basically my point, what Ole did at Molde is completely irrelevant to his managerial abilities in the Premier League, and especially for a club like Man U.

I wouldn't want Rikard Norling at Newcastle because he won the league with AIK, for example. I mean, he'd be better than Bruce, but that's not the point :lol:

I fully understand that viewpoint also, but I certainly wouldn't hold success in another league against another manager. ManDoon saying his track record at Molde is poor? Don't understand that at all.

If we're still pish poor at the start of next season I'll change my tune, but I would want to support him and give him another couple of windows to bolster an incredibly thin squad with the players we need, i.e. not mercenary cunts like Sanchez.

Not been the best start from Ole, but he does need more time imo.

Suggesting the sacking of a manager 6 games into a new season is ludicrous in my opinion, never mind the fact that he's a club legend which would probably buy him a bit more time anyway.

Not been the best start from Ole, but he does need more time imo.

Suggesting the sacking of a manager 6 games into a new season is ludicrous in my opinion, never mind the fact that he's a club legend which would probably buy him a bit more time anyway.

What was ludicrious was appointing him before the season was even out. Sentimentality around a club legend is why they appointed him and are subsequently stuck with him anyway.

Guest neesy111

I haven't seen anyone on here advocating sacking him. On the contrary, please give him a twenty year contract.

Absolutely.  He can carry on his good work.

”I thought Everton were ready to take the next step – but not anymore. They’ve spent fortunes – £312m now – chasing success but they’re as far away as ever.

"I’d change coach now. My suggestion for Everton? Rafa. And trust me – he’d walk back from China to take it"

Richard Keys reckons Everton should move heaven and earth for Rafa Benitez the man that he made out is no big loss to Newcastle :laugh:

TBF winning the league with Molde those years weren't hard with the amount of investment they had. They were the Norwegian equivalent to Man City.

That being said, I think it's unfair to judge him based on how he did with Cardiff. They had a woeful squad and any manager would have struggled to keep them up.

This is the first season, in my eyes at least, that he can be properly judged as a manager. A good manager should be able to get that squad into the top 5 by the end of the season, a great one into top 4. So far he's not doing very well.

The main criticism I would put forward about his time at Cardiff is the absolute rubbish players he signed. Jo Inge Berget, Mats Møller Dæhli and Magnus Wolff Eikrem in the Premier League? Absolutely ridiculous. Then again they weren't really signed to improve the team, they were signed to make money for Jim Solbakken, ugly stuff really.

Only reason he isn't pulling the same shit now is he knows he'd never get away with it.