The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

I caught a portion of an interview with Mourinho in the spring.  It was around the time that our fakeover was starting to ramp up and questions about Rafa were mounting.  I didn't think he was advertising for Rafa's job at that time but I did think he was intrigued with what Rafa tried to accomplish here. 

I would think at some point a top manager would weary of the merry go around of top teams and the pressure that comes with being the difference maker to take them over the top.  It's possible that Rafa planted a seed where some top managers take to the idea of building a sleeping giant's infrastructure and competing for trophies.

It would be more than stepping into a position and having to immediately get results.  It would be your vision and a club that would always bear your mark on it.

Where’s that from? Can’t see a thing on Twitter other than an old throwaway quote from Cellino.

A couple of lads I once taught went back to live in Dubai and they keep telling me that a consortium are taking over Leeds and bringing in Mourinho.

TalkSport pushing a horrific agenda of how man-management skills are becoming more important than tactics in a manager. And I quote ‘If Big Sam is linked with your club, don’t see it as a backward step’

Has Allardyce got shares in TalkSport or something? They are always pushing him as some sort of managerial genius that’s been hard done by.

Sounds crazy. Leeds?

Leeds are one of the bigger clubs in England historically and it's a major city in England as well. You can see why it would be attractive to a potential owner who had big designs on the Premier at some point.

Sounds crazy. Leeds?

Leeds are one of the bigger clubs in England historically and it's a major city in England as well. You can see why it would be attractive to a potential owner who had big designs on the Premier at some point.

Would be a new kind of gig for José though, I think we can agree on that.

I'd take Bielsa over Mourinho any day

Having seen Leeds a few times on the telly, they generally play very well, very up and at 'em as you would expect under Bielsa. A new owner would probably sign quality players for Mourinho, if he did the same for Bielsa you would think they would get promoted anyway. They just need a touch of class in some key positions.

• 2 weeks later...

It is understood Stoke agreed a fee of around £15million with Newcastle for striker Dwight Gayle late in the transfer window, but failed to complete a deal as they could not get his wages in line with the new restrictions.

The Times are reporting Arsenal have been talking to Mourinho about replacing Emery. If that's the type of manager they are looking for they might as well go for Allegri.

It doesn't seem a good fit to me if it does happen. One of the good things Emery has done is bring some young talent into the first team, there chances would be limited more under Mourinho. Its not the right club for Mourinho either, he needs to do what Benitez did and go to a club like Newcastle where will he not be under much pressure and be loved after every win.

The Times are reporting Arsenal have been talking to Mourinho about replacing Emery. If that's the type of manager they are looking for they might as well go for Allegri.

It doesn't seem a good fit to me if it does happen. One of the good things Emery has done is bring some young talent into the first team, there chances would be limited more under Mourinho. Its not the right club for Mourinho either, he needs to do what Benitez did and go to a club like Newcastle where will he not be under much pressure and be loved after every win.

Groan. It was nice without him for a little while, anyway.