The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Guest neesy111

From day one, Emery was an underwhelming appointment for them. No surprise at all that he failed.

He's a poor manager.

9 trophies would suggest otherwise, it just didn't work out.

Graeme souness has won trophies.

Poor measurement.

Everyone who isn’t an Arsenal fan knew this would happen. They will do what Man Utd have done, keep failing in their appointments until the job is too big for anyone to take on and they have to resort to going after a former player.

Henry has just joined Montreal, let’s see what happens in a years time when he’s got that ‘experience’ behind him.

I honestly thought he’d do well. Given his success in Spain and the Europa League and him being a more tactically defensive manager I thought that would provide the structure Arsenal needed to build on their usual style. I didn’t expect he’d somehow make the defensive side worse and their attacking players non existent.

I didn't follow him enough at Sevilla, to rate his work there, outside of the Europa League dominance, but he was complete rubbish at PSG, had them playing bland football and oversaw the usual European collapse. It was a poor choice of manager.

Wonder if they’ll go for Arteta or Vieira

Vieira is not doing well at Nice. This is a club that was fighting for the Champions League under Favre, and he has them near the relegation zone with poor football. It would be an Ole type appointment at this time.

Emery is not a poor manager, he’s done relatively well for Arsenal but the fans had it in for him from day 1 and his style was never going to win them over.

What is his style exactly? If he's supposed to be more canny defensively than Arsene, you wouldn't think it watching them.

Emery is not a poor manager, he’s done relatively well for Arsenal but the fans had it in for him from day 1 and his style was never going to win them over.

What is his style exactly? If he's supposed to be more canny defensively than Arsene, you wouldn't think it watching them.

He has to build his own team I think, and it would be more of a hardworking side.

No idea what he was thinking taking over at both PSG and Arsenal. Both filled with flair and attack minded players. Crazy.

He has to build his own team I think, and it would be more of a hardworking side.

No idea what he was thinking taking over at both PSG and Arsenal. Both filled with flair and attack minded players. Crazy.

Maybe he should have brought in players who were more suited to the style he wanted to play then? Or is it that like us, the manager has to work with the players he's given?

Honestly, watching Arsenal I could never tell that they were trying to play a more defensive game than previously. He seemed to have very little impact on that squad.

Maybe he should have brought in players who were more suited to the style he wanted to play then? Or is it that like us, the manager has to work with the players he's given?

Honestly, watching Arsenal I could never tell that they were trying to play a more defensive game than previously. He seemed to have very little impact on that squad.

Something seems off with their recruitment. Buying Pepe when they had no defenders was incredible to me.

Think Emery is a bit weird in a way too, because Torreira was a big hit last season and added a lot of grit and determination while still having quality, and he stopped using him.

If you were an Arsenal director, hiring Rafa is so glaringly obvious as the most sensible thing to do.

Who else could take charge of that situation as well as Rafa could.

It’s what Abramovich did appointed Rafa Benitez in November time to save their season he got them 3rd, qualified them for the CL, and won a trophy.

It’s the same thing Arsenal are needing someone to come in and do.

If they’re going proven and big club Premier League experience then it’s most likely going to be Rafa Benitez or Ancelotti.

Although free agent Allegri must be a very attractive option for them.

But Pochettino would be so delicious.

He said it would be “Impossible” for him to ever be Arsenal manager it would be some twist if that happened though [emoji23]

Didn't Jose say same about Spurs.

I agree he is not a poor manager. He may not be good enough for a club to compete for league titles, but he is a capable manager at a lower level.

I disagree though Arsenal fans wanted him gone from day 1, they seemed quite happy with his appointment and understood last season was a transition period. Its just this season has shown that there was no future with Emery in charge where he would have Arsenal competing for the big trophies again.