The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Fair enough on the McClaren move tbh. Not saying it'll be a guaranteed success but it's never been his coaching ability in question. Smacks a bit of trying to recapture the glory days with an ex Ferguson sidekick but might help to have a link to the past that isn't so brazenly desperate like the OGS move was.

Aye, Ajax are one of the few clubs that can actually claim to have 'DNA' or 'The "clubname here" Way". They'll trust coaches and managers as long as they can see they're trying to play that style (and will remove those that do not or will not implement it). With each passing season Man U are doing a great job of increasing the legacy of Alex Ferguson - that last title win really was his greatest achievement. I don't think any manager will be able to come in and fix Man U, as the club is nothing more than a commercial entity and anything less than trophies and finals will be failure. 

Even then they've had managers that won trophies and finals and they were still sacked because the fans pissed and moaned. So, good luck dealing with that deluded toxic mess. 

43 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I’m saying that if man United are 8th next season he’s getting the sack

Zero chance. He will get his time to rebuild. He won't be sacked next season unless we're in a relegation fight, which obviously won't be the case. 

12 minutes ago, OCK said:

Even then they've had managers that won trophies and finals and they were still sacked because the fans pissed and moaned.

Manager. Not managers. Mourinho was the only manager fans wanted out. The vast majority thought it was a joke LVG was sacked. 

4 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Zero chance. He will get his time to rebuild. He won't be sacked next season unless we're in a relegation fight, which obviously won't be the case. 

People may think they are prepared to give him time now, but come January/February next year if Man Utd are not playing well and sitting bottom half of the table I guarantee the vast majority will be singing a different tune. He will have to have some level of success to keep his job even while rebuilding the club.

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

Yeah that’s it, it’s easy to say now, not so much when fans are kicking off and they are looking poor 

We gave Ole three years. Opposition fans thought we'd sack him in 2019.

We're definitely going to commit to this rebuild. I'm more excited about the outgoings than potential signings in the summer. :lol: fucking can't wait to see Pogba leave. 

Just now, OCK said:

Plus Ole kept fluking key wins to put another quid in his life support machine. [emoji38]

I remember when it was announced that Rangnick was taking over that people, including plenty on here, said we would be good again. Godfather of German football and the gegenpress etc. 

Ole did a good fucking job and this season proves it. The squad is rotten and full of cunts. It's mental we finished second last year and got to the final of the Europa League. 

3 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

I like Pogba though, would have him here in a heartbeat 

He's a waste of space. Undeniable talent but a total cunt. I'd rather Shelvey.

47 minutes ago, Conjo said:

People may think they are prepared to give him time now, but come January/February next year if Man Utd are not playing well and sitting bottom half of the table I guarantee the vast majority will be singing a different tune. He will have to have some level of success to keep his job even while rebuilding the club.

There's absolutely no chance Man-U will be bottom half 

Even a shocking season and they'll be comfortably top half 

Only Liverpool and City are guaranteed top 4 next season, that will then leave 2 spaces up for grabs and I reckon Ten Hag can have them challenging for that