The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest HTT II
29 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Chris Wilder refusing to comment on speculation linking him with Burnley.

He’d be a bit of a dick to take it now, maybe wait until the season is over? If Burnley go down, all things equal, I’d fancy Boro over them for promotion next season anyway!

4 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Not enough kebab shops around Amsterdam for Brucie boy!

Aye but the fat bastard might be able to get laid since he can pay for it over there.

£5m pay off from us surely must get one of the lasses from the red light district to spend 10 minutes with him.

37 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Chris Wilder refusing to comment on speculation linking him with Burnley.

Would be very on brand for both. Be a bit of a nowt move professionally if they don’t stay up though. 

Guest HTT II
4 minutes ago, Stifler said:

Aye but the fat bastard might be able to get laid since he can pay for it over there.

£5m pay off from us surely must get one of the lasses from the red light district to spend 10 minutes with him.

Like fuck would he pay for a shag when he can get a blowie for free off paint!

Guest HTT II
6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

McClaren will be good for helping with the language barrier

ten Hag speaks Dutsh though doesn’t he?

Fair play to Rooney stating he wants to stay and try get Derby back up. Of course the proof will be in the pudding and they need their future securing with the takeover, but sounds really genuine.

Must say my respect for him has gone up massively whilst a manager. Hated him as a player and thought he cane across as a right tosser but he comes across so well as a manager and speaks well.

A bit of the opposite of Lampard. Loved him as a player and now despise him as a manager :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Fair play to Rooney stating he wants to stay and try get Derby back up. Of course the proof will be in the pudding and they need their future securing with the takeover, but sounds really genuine.

Must say my respect for him has gone up massively whilst a manager. Hated him as a player and thought he cane across as a right tosser but he comes across so well as a manager and speaks well.

A bit of the opposite of Lampard. Loved him as a player and now despise him as a manager :lol: 

This is canny impressive like. Speaking to the fans and seems passionate about wanting to do good work at Derby.
Really happy that he's not got an attitude of only being interested in a Premier League job just because he's Wayne Rooney. I really want him to do well with Derby.

Guest HTT II
7 hours ago, Robster said:

This is canny impressive like. Speaking to the fans and seems passionate about wanting to do good work at Derby.
Really happy that he's not got an attitude of only being interested in a Premier League job just because he's Wayne Rooney. I really want him to do well with Derby.

Aye, I’m really liking Rooney the manager, he doesn’t seem the most eloquent of people, but then what does that matter, he clearly has something about him. 

8 hours ago, Robster said:

Fair play to him. Seems pretty legit. 

Agree with Fantail in that I thought he was a wanker but he's obvs got a solid ethic. Mind, like Barton, he has his "flaws" :ructions:

9 hours ago, Robster said:

Really impressive that.

Rooney just makes me feel old. I remember knowing about him before making his debut, then seen his playing career from start to finish and now as a manager. It's just wrong I'm this old. 😩

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Rooney just makes me feel old. I remember knowing about him before making his debut, then seen his playing career from start to finish and now as a manager. It's just wrong I'm this old. 😩

I know what you mean. I’m 35 this year and my new hero to worship is a 24 year old Brazilian lad. That would be somewhat strange in another walk of life…

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Doesn’t help that Rooney looks far older than his 36 years, mind. 

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

I worked with a Liverpool fan many moons ago and he used to talk about a youngster they had who had scored hundreds of goals at youth level and was expected to be even better than Fowler.

Its weird seeing playing careers come and go.

2 hours ago, Dokko said:

First player I saw play that I was older than. Grim times.