The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Mental decision but probably highlights the precarious financial position they face.

With 8 games left it’s not impossible but highly unlikely.

West Ham (a) - ? Nothing here

Southampton (h) - ? Not in great form

Wolves (h) - ? - mixed form

Watford (a) - ? Equally poor

Villa (h) - ? Mixed form

Spurs (a) - ? Nothing here

Villa (a) - ? Mixed form

Us (h) - ? Depends on what we’re playing for.

Maximum 7-10 points… 

1 minute ago, Dr Jinx said:

Mental decision but probably highlights the precarious financial position they face.

Villa (h) - ? Mixed form

Villa (a) - ? Mixed form

Maximum 7-10 points… 

West Ham is winnable for them after last nights result imo 

Guest HTT II
33 minutes ago, Dancing Brave said:

Looks like a last throw of the dice from the Burnley owners.

Last throw of the Dyche surely…

9 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Villa (h) - ? Mixed form

Villa (a) - ? Mixed form

Maximum 7-10 points… 

There's some very winnable games there, against teams down at the bottom, or with not much left to play for. 

I thought they were unlucky against Norwich. It's not over for them yet, and I find this a strange decision.

I know questions have been asked over their new ownership but I wouldnt expect them to sack him now. Who are they going to get? Allardyce? [emoji38]

Edited by Nine

Genuinely shocked. Had them down for way more points than Everton which has to have some basis.

Initial reaction would normally be a change would shake things up but not here.

Likely he would have brought them back up if the worst did happen and they've done that before haven't they? that would be a major unknown now.

Edited by Wolfcastle

I think people will be shocked in the run in about how many points both Burnley and Everton will get. Prime post for a bookmark and “that aged well” but Burnley play West Ham and teams heading for the beach and Everton play Leicester twice at a time they’ll only be arsed about the Europa League.

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

I think people will be shocked in the run in about how many points both Burnley and Everton will get. Prime post for a bookmark and “that aged well” but Burnley play West Ham and teams heading for the beach and Everton play Leicester twice at a time they’ll only be arsed about the Europa League.

Aye but players in those squads are playing for their starting positions in the European games so can't afford for their levels to drop.

Got to admit I think Burnley have at times been one of the better of those long ball teams with a bad reputation. There were one or two seasons when they'd just come up that I thought they played decent football whenever I watched them.

Yep basically same way Man U was bought, they have huge money making ability though Burnley do not. Basically classic vulture capitalism, come in buy something now it's going to go down and they will leave it with profits sucked out in a pile of debt. Fit and proper is a joke always has been

1 minute ago, Tiresias said:

Yep basically same way Man U was bought, they have huge money making ability though Burnley do not. Basically classic vulture capitalism, come in buy something now it's going to go down and they will leave it with profits sucked out in a pile of debt. Fit and proper is a joke always has been

I sort of get doing it with the mackems, because they’re at quite a low point and have the opportunity to rise and flip a profit. But why would you try this with Burnley? They’re realistically only going to go down.

If you’re not going to pump money into them, they’ve got no chance of improving where they are and making a profit for you.

The owners and directors' test (and FFP for that matter) was supposed to have one main point - to stop clubs going bust.

Yet this leveraged buyout was approved seemingly in days, whilst one of the richest organisations on the planet was held up for nearly 2 years.

If you're a Burnley fan, I think you'd have a few hard questions of the PL right now. Because if they get relegated, do these owners have the funds and/or competence to bring them back up?

57 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

When I totted the points up a month or two back I had Burnley for 13points + and Everton 6 - now 8 with the Man United result so have to stick to that and agree, at least on Burnley.

Its the feel of the Achillies Paradox about it though because Brentford, Leeds and ourselves are in better form and liable even just by law of averages to extend their points beyond Burnley's and probably Everton's reach.

Edited by Wolfcastle