The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Guest Craig-NUFC

Sounds like in the press conference, both Holloway and the chairman have admitted they're both out of their depth in this division.

Isn't there 2 or 3 players he signed early in the window, who he didn't even register for the league because they'd signed too many players? :lol:

Sure I remember seeing one of their signings from France who they got in June who was only able to play in the League Cup because of this. That's just downright rank squad and man management.

Freedman is badly struggling with Bolton as well.

They were a goal away from play-off last season, and are now in relegation zone after 12 games with a squad good enough for top 6.

Looks like the managerial merry-goaround didn't work for either of them/teams

Isn't there 2 or 3 players he signed early in the window, who he didn't even register for the league because they'd signed too many players? :lol:

Sure I remember seeing one of their signings from France who they got in June who was only able to play in the League Cup because of this. That's just downright rank squad and man management.

Florian Marange is one I think.

Guest Howaythetoon

Holloway took them into the Premier League so it can be argued that he deserves his chance to at least try and keep them there. However, if you were the owners of Palace, after their start and where they stand, and with Holloway's previous record in the PL, it stands to reason that he will not keep them up so by acting now they may give themselves a very slight chance of staying up. The likely outcome, however, is whoever they appoint will fail to keep them up because quite simply they aren't good enough. Holloway or no Holloway. The idiocy in this whole thing and it happens to all promoted clubs, is that Palace should have parted with Holloway once he won them promotion.

Holloway took them into the Premier League so it can be argued that he deserves his chance to at least try and keep them there. However, if you were the owners of Palace, after their start and where they stand, and with Holloway's previous record in the PL, it stands to reason that he will not keep them up so by acting now they may give themselves a very slight chance of staying up. The likely outcome, however, is whoever they appoint will fail to keep them up because quite simply they aren't good enough. Holloway or no Holloway. The idiocy in this whole thing and it happens to all promoted clubs, is that Palace should have parted with Holloway once he won them promotion.

It would be such a tough call to make though, sacking the manager who got you into the top flight. I can't imagine it would have went down well with the Palace fans either, unless the owners somehow managed to attract a big name to come in and replace him. The backlash from the fans could potentially be damaging also, and there's the possibility that negotiations to replace him stalled and they missed out on crucial signings.

Actually, has any club in recent times sacked a permanent manager who has just gained them promotion?

Guest bimpy474

It would be such a tough call to make though, sacking the manager who got you into the top flight. I can't imagine it would have went down well with the Palace fans either, unless the owners somehow managed to attract a big name to come in and replace him. The backlash from the fans could potentially be damaging also, and there's the possibility that negotiations to replace him stalled and they missed out on crucial signings.

Actually, has any club in recent times sacked a permanent manager who has just gained them promotion?

I can think of one......

I can think of one......

Should have clarified, I mean without a competitive game in the higher division being played.

dunno he said he exhausted etc, he may take a bit of time out of football before he takes his next job and tbh the Boro job is very tough

Any manager with the aim of progressing should avoid the Boro job. The players they have are not up to anything, they have no money to spend, and their crowds are dwindling. Boro are only heading one way at the moment and it certainly isn't up.

Guest bimpy474

I can think of one......

Should have clarified, I mean without a competitive game in the higher division being played.

Aye, sorry mate i thought you meant that as soon as i posted.... O0