Newcastle United 2 - 0 Leeds - 25/09/2013 - Post-match reaction from page 21

BlueStar

Might have been asked but is that the two teams from the biggest one club cities? (Not sure if that makes sense)

(Not sure if Sunderland is technically bigger)

West Yorkshire leviathon that would be Leeds - Bradford according to wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_the_United_Kingdom#England)

Bradford's not a city. It's a fucking mire.

Solid result, brings the mood after up after Saturday's rubbish. Happy for Gouff too, I love his attitude.

sure I read somewhere that the french thought he'd be throwing a strop if not getting games etc.

I wouldn't blame him. Fairly good scoring record but still 2nd string.

A good positive from tonight is that it is clear Remy, Ben Arfa, Marv, and Gouffran are all ahead of Obertan, and Jonas just mustn't be anywhere near the squad.

What? :lol:

Last year he was being played ahead of all them (well obviously not Remy), it seems Pardew has finally realised that he's shit.

A good positive from tonight is that it is clear Remy, Ben Arfa, Marv, and Gouffran are all ahead of Obertan, and Jonas just mustn't be anywhere near the squad.

What? :lol:

Last year he was being played ahead of all them (well obviously not Remy), it seems Pardew has finally realised that he's shit.

Obertan started about 3 games last year, what are you talking about? :lol:

I'm proper baffled here like, the only time Obertan got a decent run in the side was in Europe, when Marveaux was also playing, Ben Arfa was injured, Gouffran was cup tied, and Remy was in France. Discounting all of that though, the question still remains "how did this game make it clear that Remy, Ben Arfa, Marv, and Gouffran are all ahead of Obertan", when Ben Arfa and Remy stayed on the bench, and Obertan actually made an appearance?

Is this a wind up, because it's a good one if so :lol:

Can't believe how bad Leeds were. They looked very limited for a decent Championship side.

Are they a decent Championship side? Their results have been fairly mediocre as far as I know.

They were quite tidy on the ball and organised at the back. A couple of decent efforts but there was a visible gap in class to ourselves, as you'd expect.

Difficult to gauge the Championship but I don't think they look top 3 material yet but could have a chance of the play-offs if they can add goals to their organisation.

It was a decent game and great atmosphere. Really pleasing to see such a top quality goal which was "made in Newcastle" with two of our academy products looking like they have the potential to be very good players.

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Dummet. Think he'd be alright at championship level, but some of his touches and his ability on the ball is not enough for me

Was a nice bend on the ball to take it past the Leeds player when he sent Sammy on his tbf!

Other than that. Hope he keeps improving. Looks like he's at a stage when he might look like a decent Championship player and we wait and see if he can turn into a decent Prem player. Never going to be an absolute top quality FB, like. But there's plenty of players in the Prem who aren't either.

It would be funny if he did stick around though. He was the least 'hyped' from this batch of youth team players, but it seems he has put in the extra work and got himself noticed. (probably not a coincidence that he spent a good amount of time on loan too)

It would be funny if he did stick around though. He was the least 'hyped' from this batch of youth team players, but it seems he has put in the extra work and got himself noticed. (probably not a coincidence that he spent a good amount of time on loan too)

are the others in the hyped group not all attackers of some ilk?  makes sense pardew wouldn't progress or develop one of them when you think about it

I'm proper baffled here like, the only time Obertan got a decent run in the side was in Europe, when Marveaux was also playing, Ben Arfa was injured, Gouffran was cup tied, and Remy was in France. Discounting all of that though, the question still remains "how did this game make it clear that Remy, Ben Arfa, Marv, and Gouffran are all ahead of Obertan", when Ben Arfa and Remy stayed on the bench, and Obertan actually made an appearance?

Is this a wind up, because it's a good one if so :lol:

You not read the name of the poster yet?

Am I the only one who doesn't rate Dummet. Think he'd be alright at championship level, but some of his touches and his ability on the ball is not enough for me

I didn't think that much of him when I saw him at Morecambe, but I assume others have seen more than me. Maybe the lad's a really good defender.