2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good article. My dad said after that he doesn't really get sad or anything when Brazil loses in the World Cup. He said that, that was the day he realized that the game isn't fair. Said it was the best team he saw (obviously bit biased being a friend of one of the players) but I've heard this from everyone. Had Zico won he'd be regarded as a far better player than he is today.

Mexico 23-man squad

Goalkeepers: Jesus Corona (Cruz Azul), Guillermo Ochoa (Ajaccio), Alfredo Talavera (Toluca)

Defenders: Paul Aguilar (America), Andres Guardado (Bayer Leverkusen), Miguel Layun (America), Rafa Marquez (Leon), Hector Moreno (Espanyol), Diego Reyes (Porto), Maza Rodriguez (America), Carlos Salcido (Tigres)

Midfielders: Juan Carlos Medina (America), Gallito Vazquez (Leon), Hector Herrera (Porto), Carlos Peña (Leon), Isaac Brizuela (Toluca), Marco Fabian (Cruz Azul), Luis Montes (Leon)

Forwards: Oribe Peralta (Santos), Javier Hernandez (Manchester United), Raul Jimenez (America), Alan Pulido (Tigres), Giovani Dos Santos (Villarreal)

Arena Sao Paulo/Corinthians starting to get done. Still quite a bit to do, but at least progress is being seen. The temporary stands are basically done as well so now it's more about the finishing touches and the outside. Will be delivered to FIFA in 10 days I think, hopefully most will be done by then so it's a smooth ride from there on.

10245297_1506805192876543_138985115591995800_n.jpg

Good article. My dad said after that he doesn't really get sad or anything when Brazil loses in the World Cup. He said that, that was the day he realized that the game isn't fair. Said it was the best team he saw (obviously bit biased being a friend of one of the players) but I've heard this from everyone. Had Zico won he'd be regarded as a far better player than he is today.

Zico was top drawer. As was that Brazil side, but as much as I think of the beauty that Socrates orchestrated with Falcao and Cerezo ,The one footed wizardry of Eder or the skills of Junior at full back, I cannot help but think of the ineptness of Serginho up front. Such an unBrazilian player. He had the touch of a rapist and couldn't finish half a funsize Milky Way bar in that tournament. Literally looked like a poorer version of Justin Fashanu.

Zico was top drawer. As was that Brazil side, but as much as I think of the beauty that Socrates orchestrated with Falcao and Cerezo ,The one footed wizardry of Eder or the skills of Junior at full back, I cannot help but think of the ineptness of Serginho up front. Such an unBrazilian player. He had the touch of a rapist and couldn't finish half a funsize Milky Way bar in that tournament. Literally looked like a poorer version of Justin Fashanu.

I've heard that. I've only seen few clips of him in Sao Paulo other than that World Cup and he used to score loads of goals for Sao Paulo. I know my dad shares the same opinion as you though, and you both watched him more than me so I can't argue with that. I still think it's harsh when comparing him to Fashanu. I mean he couldn't have been THAT bad being one the player that has scored most goals for Sao Paulo in history.

I've heard that. I've only seen few clips of him in Sao Paulo other than that World Cup and he used to score loads of goals for Sao Paulo. I know my dad shares the same opinion as you though, and you both watched him more than me so I can't argue with that. I still think it's harsh when comparing him to Fashanu. I mean he couldn't have been THAT bad being one the player that has scored most goals for Sao Paulo in history.

In that tournament,  I reckon Justin would've been better such was the ineptitude of Serginho. He was so bad. Didn't offer anything but comedy.

Problem with Germany is as mentioned their CFs and defence as a whole leaves a lot to be desired, while they are good in midfield as anyone not called Spain its also a problem area.

As the manager still doesn't have a clue what the best 4 or 5 players are. Unlike the other contenders they don't have a settled team which will end up being a problem.

My first outlandish prediction for WC 2014: They won't make the Semi's.

Said on here before but if Low doesn't get them far in this one he needs to go the journey.

:thup: I'm not that impressed by him anyway, kinda surprised he's still in the job considering the expectations.

Guest Spark

How many days until this starts then?

Thursday, June 12

Can't wait for this now  :D

Aye. Glad the season is over.

Does Deschamps hate Nasri? Any reason he's not expecting to be in the squad?

Yes, generally plays shite/carrys on like a dick for France when it matters n all much to no-ones surprise.

Aye I got half of mine the other day. Dad picked them up in Brazil. Can't wait to pick up the rest myself when I get there 1st of june. What category are the tickets?

I'm going to see if I can bring a Pardew out banner into the Arena Fonte Nova. Will see 6 games there and one of the tickets are right behind the bench for the France game (maybe behind the French players rather than the Swiss players). Would be hilarious if I got that s*** into the stadium for all games. At least a piece of paper following the ''Flip in Salvador wants PARDEW OUT''

I'm going to see if I can bring a Pardew out banner into the Arena Fonte Nova. Will see 6 games there and one of the tickets are right behind the bench for the France game (maybe behind the French players rather than the Swiss players). Would be hilarious if I got that s*** into the stadium for all games. At least a piece of paper following the ''Flip in Salvador wants PARDEW OUT''

Just put loads of Kia and Budweiser logos all over it and you'll be golden on getting it in.

Spain preliminary squad:

Porteros: Casillas, Reina, De Gea.

Defensas: Juanfran, Carvajal, Azpilicueta, Ramos, Piqué, Albiol, Javi Martínez, Jordi Alba, Moreno.

Centrocampistas: Xabi Alonso, Busquets, Navas, Xavi, Koke, Cazorla, Thiago, Silva, Iturraspe, Mata, Iniesta, Cesc.

Delanteros: Diego Costa, Pedro, Torres, Villa, Llorente, Negredo.

No Isco - some people here wondered if he'd malke the list - or Arbeloa. Didn't know Thiago was already fit. 7 will now have to be cut.