2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portugal squad:

Beto (Sevilla), Eduardo (Braga), Rui Patricio (Sporting),

Andre Almeida (Benfica), Bruno Alves (Fenerbahce), Fabio Coentreo (Real Madrid), Joao Pereira (Valencia), Neto (Zenit), Pepe (Real Madrid), Ricardo Costa (Valencia).

Joao Moutinho (Monaco), Miguel Veloso (Dinamo Kiev), Raul Meireles (Fenerbahce), Ruben Amorim (Benfica), William Carvalho (Sporting)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Eder (SC Braga), Helder Postiga (Lazio), Hugo Almeida (Besiktas), Nani (Manchester United), Rafa (Braga), Vieirinha (Wolfsburg), Varela (FC Porto)

Never realized they were lacking so much in talent in every department.

Alves - Pepe is a nightmare pairing. Remember Brazil - Portugal friendly in November I think it was when hey were trying to kill every Brazilian player on the pitch...

Saw that too. Zamorano has a Shearer shirt in his collection of ones he'd swapped with players. 96/97 away, not sure when we played against him then.

Lush daughter, as well.

Maybe they swapped when England played Chile in the Marcelo Salas masterclass.

First kit I ever got with a name on the back was a snide Real Madrid Zamorano one :smitten:

After being totally stripped of all hope by football over the last few years, I've barely bothered checking shit out for the World Cup this year.

Are pubs staying open later for this shit, or what?

Guest neesy111

Only for the group stage apparently.

Pubs can apply for extensions to open up later.  So guess it depends on the pub.

Guest Roger Kint

Every pub is open late on England games standard license was given nationally to all pubs

So in other words

Only for the group stage apparently.

:hmm:

Portugal squad:

Andre Almeida (Benfica), Bruno Alves (Fenerbahce), Fabio Coentreo (Real Madrid), Joao Pereira (Valencia), Neto (Zenit), Pepe (Real Madrid), Ricardo Costa (Valencia).

Joao Moutinho (Monaco), Miguel Veloso (Dinamo Kiev), Raul Meireles (Fenerbahce), Ruben Amorim (Benfica), William Carvalho (Sporting)

Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Eder (SC Braga), Helder Postiga (Lazio), Hugo Almeida (Besiktas), Nani (Manchester United), Rafa (Braga), Vieirinha (Wolfsburg), Varela (FC Porto)

Alves - Pepe is a nightmare pairing. Remember Brazil - Portugal friendly in November I think it was when hey were trying to kill every Brazilian player on the pitch...

Not too bad - that's with CR7 centre forward. Think Veloso is crap now but not sure William Carvalho is quite good enough.

And second point is not valid as you have David Luiz the massive arsehole.

Portugal has always been like this - several outstanding players alongside dross. They just don't have enough depth.

Spain had to go to penalties to beat that dross a couple of years ago

Portugal squad:

Not too bad - that's with CR7 centre forward. Think Veloso is crap now but not sure William Carvalho is quite good enough.

And second point is not valid as you have David Luiz the massive arsehole.

If you consider Veloso, Varela, Nani, Joao Pereira and Raul Meireles than you're right it's not bad. But I don't rate any of them above average players so for me they're lacking massively. It's the Real Madrid trio + Joao Moutinho that for me are good players.

Matias Fernandez will miss the WC. Big blow for Chile, maybe not a huge one, but he's still important part of that squad and a good player. If Vidal doesn't get fit in time I do wonder whether Netherlands might go through to the next round.