2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Krul's going to the World Cup

Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen (Ajax), Michel Vorm (Swansea City), Tim Krul (Newcastle United)

Defenders: Paul Verhaegh (Augsburg), Daryl Janmaat (Feyenoord), Joel Veltman (Ajax), Stefan de Vrij (Feyenoord), Ron Vlaar (Aston Villa), Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord), Terence Kongolo (Feyenoord), Daley Blind (Ajax)

Midfielders: Leroy Fer (Norwich City), Nigel de Jong (AC Milan), Jordy Clasie (Feyenoord), Jonathan de Guzman (Swansea City), Georginio Wijnaldum (PSV), Wesley Sneijder (Galatasaray)

Forwards: Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich), Robin van Persie (Manchester United), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Schalke), Dirk Kuyt (Fenerbahce), Jeremain Lens (Dynamo Kiev), Memphis Depay (PSV)

Chuffed for him even if he has stagnated horribly this season he's probably our most likeable player and one the few/only ones who 'gets' what NUFC should be about.

Spain have dropped Negredo and Navas from their squad.

Edit:

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), Pepe Reina (Napoli), David De Gea (Manchester United).

Defenders: Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Raul Albiol (Napoli), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Juanfran (Atletico Madrid), Jordi Alba (Barcelona).

Midfielders: Xavi (Barcelona), Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Barcelona), Santi Cazorla (Arsenal), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Javi Martinez (Bayern Munich).

Forwards: David Silva (Manchester City), Diego Costa (Atletico Madrid), Fernando Torres (Chelsea), Pedro (Barcelona), Juan Mata (Manchester United), David Villa (Atletico Madrid).

Is Negredo injured? Risky as fuck taking Torres and Costa when one is a bad player and the other is in bad fitness. Also Navas always offered them that speed on the right-flank that I think was  substitute in late in the 2nd half that could take advantage of tired defences.

Alba aside that Spanish team is horrifically one paced. Guess they'll be passing teams in to submission again, surprised at the Navas cull.

EDIT: triggs kna's the craic.

Unless Pedro starts they have 0 pace in that team going forward apart from Alba

Always been the case though. That's why I feel Navas was so important. They really have no other option than pass their way to gold which I honestly am not sure will work now that we've seen plenty teams show how you stop it.

Unless Pedro starts they have 0 pace in that team going forward apart from Alba

Always been the case though. That's why I feel Navas was so important. They really have no other option than pass their way to gold which I honestly am not sure will work now that we've seen plenty teams show how you stop it.

:thup: Navas was really important in the last euros. I can see Spain being in plenty of 1 nil wins

Dutch defence is weak, very weak.

Does Gabi never get a look in for Spain?? He's been exceptional this season and easily MotM last week.

While that maybe so, he's still nowhere near as good as those going. Plus i'd be very apprehensive in taking Atletico players as the system and style of football couldn't be anymore different if you actually purposely tried.

Even Costa i don't think will have as much success.

Dutch defence is weak, very weak.

Does Gabi never get a look in for Spain?? He's been exceptional this season and easily MotM last week.

While that maybe so, he's still nowhere near as good as those going. Plus i'd be very apprehensive in taking Atletico players as the system and style of football couldn't be anymore different if you actually purposely tried.

Even Costa i don't think will have as much success.

Costa is a ''far'' better footballer than both Villa and Torres. I think that if he gets to be fit he'll give them a different dimension to what their strikers have offered them in the last couple of years.

Define "footballer" because i disagree. Costa needs space to thrive in and the pace of the game to be quick.

Neither of which happens with Spain.

He has better hold up and technique than both, he's also faster than both and offers a different dimension because of his ability to chase down and win ball up front. He'll cause far more problem than anyone else and will fit their style as he has shown this season he can spearhead an attack. I like Villa, but age is starting to get him and he's not the same player he once was, Torres is clumsy and I haven't seen him have a good game in the blueshirt ever basically.

I agree he has better hold up play and is quicker than both not technique though, his technique is rather average IMO.

Anyway personally the point is moot as his hold up player and quickness won't be used properly, that's the problem here for Atletico he gets into acres of space due to how direct they are which again won't happen.

We'll see though. :thup:

Gascoigne should be way higher than Boniek and Banks should be the highest goalkeeper for sure....I'd have Lineker higher too.  That's from an English perspective...time to investigate further.

Gascoigne should be way higher than Boniek and Banks should be the highest goalkeeper for sure....I'd have Lineker higher too.  That's from an English perspective...time to investigate further.

Taffarel :thup: World Cup gold, silver and participated in three World Cups.

Taffarel :thup: World Cup gold, silver and participated in three World Cups.

Not in the same League as Banks mate, he was the greatest keeper ever. Not sure why CRonaldo is so high either...he's way above both Gazza and Iniesta?????????