2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Love a world cup semi.

Hope me and Greg get lucky.

Brazil v Germany in BH

England v Argentina in SP

That would be a dream come true.

I'd like to see something more like

Australia vs Honduras

England vs Iran

I'm looking at Group A for a predictor thing at work, how in the fuck am I supposed to pick a 2nd place team out of this festival of shite? Disgusting group. Definite fix.

Not even the weakest group either :lol:

I'm looking at Group A for a predictor thing at work, how in the f*** am I supposed to pick a 2nd place team out of this festival of s****? Disgusting group. Definite fix.

Doing the same. Have gone for Cameroon purely based on the fact they just drew against Germany

I'm looking at Group A for a predictor thing at work, how in the f*** am I supposed to pick a 2nd place team out of this festival of s****? Disgusting group. Definite fix.

Doing the same. Have gone for Cameroon purely based on the fact they just drew against Germany

:lol: Same. Although will adjust if they fail to annihilate Moldova in their next friendly.

Croatia has a solid midfield and defense. I think they'll be more disciplined than Mexico and Cameroon and take second rather easily.

Argentina-Bosnia for their group. Maybe Iran as a sleeper.

Croatia has a solid midfield and defense. I think they'll be more disciplined than Mexico and Cameroon and take second rather easily.

Argentina-Bosnia for their group. Maybe Iran as a sleeper.

I personally don't find their defense solid. Lovren is their best defender and it says it all. Simunic was starting in the qualifiers and didn't look comfortable against Iceland. Their only left-back is crocked. Think Mexico has a big chance because they usually beat Brazil when it matters so can definitely see them getting a point or three from us that will be extremely valuable. Honest prediction is Brazil 7p, Mexico 5p, Croatia 4p, Cameroon 0p.

Do agree on the other group though. Think Bosnia looks the strongest and unless Iran can by some miracle shut down at least 2 of the 3 teams then they stand a chance.

Bosnia are a decent side iyam... better than Nigeria. Shola is in their squad man.

Bosnia are fun and score lots of goals. Looking forward to seeing them.

Aye, their goal difference was +24 in the qualifiers. Shit group but still; they scored 30 goals in 10 games.

Nigeria failed to score in a friendly yesterday, prompting questions about players they could have brought with them. On Martins' status, coach Stephen Keshi only said that playing in MLS wasn't a problem. He then went on to say that Bright Dike would have been with the squad were it not for the Achilles injury he sustained in February.

So according to Keshi, Dike > Martins.

Who knows if Oba even cares anymore.

:idiot2:

Martins continues to be amazing this season. As a Sounders fan I'm pretty ok with him not going, but that head coach is a moron.

:lol:

Cuiaba, which for me was an idiotic city to host some games is showing why it really shouldn't have hosted any. Huge amounts of tickets left for each game, over 1000s of tickets for each and every single one of them.

Cuiaba, which for me was an idiotic city to host some games is showing why it really shouldn't have hosted any. Huge amounts of tickets left for each game, over 1000s of tickets for each and every single one of them.

Should've built a massive stadium in Floripa :thup:

Should've built a massive stadium in Floripa :thup:

No doubt about it.

Nigeria failed to score in a friendly yesterday, prompting questions about players they could have brought with them. On Martins' status, coach Stephen Keshi only said that playing in MLS wasn't a problem. He then went on to say that Bright Dike would have been with the squad were it not for the Achilles injury he sustained in February.

So according to Keshi, Dike > Martins.

Who knows if Oba even cares anymore.

:idiot2:

Martins continues to be amazing this season. As a Sounders fan I'm pretty ok with him not going, but that head coach is a moron.

Martins has indeed been fantastic. Tbh, I thought he looked quite good in Spain last season as well. It is not just him, though. Ike Uche has been balling for Villarreal and didn't get a chance, either. We have no cover at fullback whatsoever, and Taiwo cannot get a look in. We lack a creative midfielder other than Mikel, but the manager has decided to carry only 4 midfielders+Uchebo (a striker deployed as AM) while the likes of Nosa and Haruna Lukman are at home. Bottom line is that if you are not one of Keshi's boys, you will not get called up.

Bosnia are a decent side iyam... better than Nigeria. Shola is in their squad man.

Bosnia are fun and score lots of goals. Looking forward to seeing them.

I think this group is very open. Bosnia will be a very good game. I am actually more optimistic against Bosnia and Argentina, because we thrive against teams that come forward in numbers. Musa, Moses, and Emenike are all terrifying counter players, especially if Mikel is in swashbuckling form to find them and feed them balls, and they pressure well high up the pitch. The Iran game is the one I worry most about because this team has shown countless times that it has no idea how to break down packed, organised defences other than individual brilliance and that the fullbacks and Onazi are lazy, distracted, and often caught up the field when SE possess the ball for long spells. IMO, second place there is wide open and Iran are being under regarded.