2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scolari is 100% convinced it was a penalty :lol:

"We also think it was a penalty. I have seen it 10 times and I think it is a penalty."

What an odious c***. Tell it like it is man. Seriously the OTT theatrics by Brazil will inevitably saturate this edition of the world cup, and I hope they get either a footballing lesson off someone, or a couple of s***/dodgy decisions go against them to bring them back down to earth. And then I will wait for Scolari's reaction.

Amazing country, amazing players, amazing people, the worst footballing t*** mentality.

What do you expect him to say? Roberto Martinez is spanish and did the same re the Haidara tackle. It's all mind games ffs, he knows deep inside it's not a penalty.

I expect him not to make a complete fool out of himself, and not delude himself, his team or his fans in thinking the win was 100% deserved/a present from the heavens for good behavior/par for the course/etc...

Brazil could have easily been embarrassed last night by a determined Croatian team, and it should have served as a reminder that neither Scolari nor his team can be complacent if they are serious about the tournament - and they can win it.

:lol:

Scolari said that had it been reversed roles he'd be saying the same as Kovac. He said Croatia were excellent and should qualify from this group with ease.

Also, Brazil were the better side all game, Croatia were unlucky but let's not make it like they dominated Brazil and draw would've been the fairest result. 'Embarrass' :lol:

Which part of the word "could" is difficult to understand? That was clearly not Brazil at their best. If that was the best they could do in this tournament, then they haven't got a chance. Moreover, had the match ended in a 1-1 draw, the Brazilian fans would have seen it as an embarrassment. Regardless of opposition, they would have expected to win the opening game of the world cup they are hosting.

There's no telling what could have been had the ref not awarded a penalty for that blatant "miracle" dive. Up until that point, Brazil were struggling to create anything, and would have got more frustrated as the half wore on.

They just barbecued those pigeons man! They never flew into that fire, judging by the video above anyway  :lol:

That those in the stadium knew what was coming, and the applause at the end gets me. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

So much hate for Brazil  :lol:

I cheered them last night. 90% for betting reasons like but still wanted them to win

So much hate for Brazil  :lol:

Was willing them on to score for fun last night until Fred dived to win the penalty, then looked to the heavens to thank God. That boiled my piss no end tbh.

:lol: :lol: Yes! I mean, I'm an atheist but surely that's basically blasphemy or something. Unless he's thanking god for making the ref a fucking soft tart.

Thanks to Brasil and referee for this beautiful victory against Croatia. :) Let's go Cameroon an Mexico, beat them!

Love,

Serbia.

Nothing to do with this. :D

It has gone too far, but long story really. Maybe half of country (Croatia) was supporting Brasil yesterday. Especially ones who follow football every day, go on matches, read news about football federation every day etc.

Thanks to Brasil and referee for this beautiful victory against Croatia. :) Let's go Cameroon an Mexico, beat them!

Love,

Serbia.

It has gone too far, but long story really. Maybe half of country (Croatia) was supporting Brasil yesterday. Especially ones who follow football every day, go on matches, read news about football federation every day etc.

Why is that?

"We also think it was a penalty. I have seen it 10 times and I think it is a penalty."

What an odious c***. Tell it like it is man. Seriously the OTT theatrics by Brazil will inevitably saturate this edition of the world cup, and I hope they get either a footballing lesson off someone, or a couple of s***/dodgy decisions go against them to bring them back down to earth. And then I will wait for Scolari's reaction.

Amazing country, amazing players, amazing people, the worst footballing t*** mentality.

What do you expect him to say? Roberto Martinez is spanish and did the same re the Haidara tackle. It's all mind games ffs, he knows deep inside it's not a penalty.

I expect him not to make a complete fool out of himself, and not delude himself, his team or his fans in thinking the win was 100% deserved/a present from the heavens for good behavior/par for the course/etc...

Brazil could have easily been embarrassed last night by a determined Croatian team, and it should have served as a reminder that neither Scolari nor his team can be complacent if they are serious about the tournament - and they can win it.

Scolari said that had it been reversed roles he'd be saying the same as Kovac. He said Croatia were excellent and should qualify from this group with ease.

Also, Brazil were the better side all game, Croatia were unlucky but let's not make it like they dominated Brazil and draw would've been the fairest result. 'Embarrass' :lol:

Which part of the word "could" is difficult to understand? That was clearly not Brazil at their best. If that was the best they could do in this tournament, then they haven't got a chance. Moreover, had the match ended in a 1-1 draw, the Brazilian fans would have seen it as an embarrassment. Regardless of opposition, they would have expected to win the opening game of the world cup they are hosting.

There's no telling what could have been had the ref not awarded a penalty for that blatant "miracle" dive. Up until that point, Brazil were struggling to create anything, and would have got more frustrated as the half wore on.

Yeah sorry about that. I thought you meant that Croatia were much better. I think the game looked like a typical opening bore fest. Referee saved us from that. No denying that Croatia deserved a point, I expect much better from us as the nerves should be gone now.

Flip would you change the starting 11 around at all? In your ideal world? I don't think I asked you - but why isn't Coutinho on the squad? Could Hulk not play central and have Neymar and Willian on the flanks? Oscar back to his #10 and someone like Ramires or Fernandinho over Paulinho? Or do you rate Paulinho more? In my head Coutinho and Lucas Moura should be in the squads but I'll defer to you...

Yeah before the game I'd said Oscar and Dani out for Maicon and Willian. As for Hulk, he's not a central player, he doesn't have the intelligence and Fred will get better as the tournament goes as shown in the Confed. Fred is also a big leader in the squad and always pushing his teammates. I rate Paulinho higher but there's no denying that he's still unfit, he didn't look the part at all yesterday and if he doesn't get better one of those two should get ahead of him for the Cameroon game and then stay there if they do well. The only change I'd for the Mexico game would be Maicon in for Dani at the moment, but Scolari will want them to gel.

Lucas and Coutinho didn't go because neither are good enough. It's really as simple as that. Bernard is the same as Lucas but better for occasions like this, has more passion for the game. Coutinho is like Hernanes, shows up when he feels like it and until he can play conistently well for months he won't even be considered for the national team. I'd have taken both of them over Hernanes any day of the week and hope Hernanes doesn't get another minute in the world cup. Almost gifted them a goal yesterday.

Love,

Serbia.

Why is that?

Problems in football federation, national league, massive problems, probably decades will be needed to fix that. I could write book about problems there.

I was still supporting national team by last Euro, but appointing Štimac as manager was end of supporting, not for me, for many people in country , for someone was calling Sammir in national team, some lose their nerves before Štimac.

Only one thing I would like is Eduardo score goal, but I don't think Kovač will put him in game, why will he probably not put him in game is another story.

On forums, facebook etc. you can easly find posts containing something like 'You have stolen my national team''.

10341588_10152399151362752_7826351407285046508_n.jpg

http://s2.glbimg.com/jyeM-YdaCehgh2SsGOc1hOcnDro=/0x0:1999x1260/690x435/s.glbimg.com/es/ge/f/original/2014/06/12/jhendelynnunes_chile_cuiaba1_amandakestelman.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b6/robbyras/MrHurleyBigDaddyDrunkGuy.jpg

Love,

Serbia.

Why is that?

Problems in football federation, national league, massive problems, probably decades will be needed to fix that. I could write book about problems there.

I was still supporting national team by last Euro, but appointing Štimac as manager was end of supporting, not for me, for many people in country , for someone was calling Sammir in national team, some lose their nerves before Štimac.

Only one thing I would like is Eduardo score goal, but I don't think Kovač will put him in game, why will he probably not put him in game is another story.

On forums, facebook etc. you can easly find posts containing something like 'You have stolen my national team''.

Shame. Croatia is a beautiful country with great people. You should stay well away from the Euro! :D

Yeah sorry about that. I thought you meant that Croatia were much better. I think the game looked like a typical opening bore fest. Referee saved us from that. No denying that Croatia deserved a point, I expect much better from us as the nerves should be gone now.

I haven't seen Brazil for a while now, and I was surprised how slow they were to move the ball around. There seems to be some good players but they don't gel very well as a team on that showing. I take it you have seen them perform a lot better?