2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not saying he was since he basically gave us a goal. But I can't believe people are complaining about a disallowed goal that came 1000seconds and 2 shots after the whistle was blown correctly. Anyways 3 points is 3 points at this stage and I think both teams know it very well that it was a massively unfair scoreline. 

Olic decision wasn't a foul for me. He just outjumped the flappy-handed Cesar and the ref gave the decision to the keeper - as appears to be the vogue when anyone challenges a keeper aerially and wins. Crap decision, but not uncommon sadly.

Cannavaro said after the game that 'FIFA rules' say that you can't touch the keeper in the 6-yard box? In which case it is a foul but it's a f***ing stupid rule

Rule has been around for ages. That's what the 6 yard line is there for. That said, I'm not even sure that qualified last night.

Actually, that may be wrong. Just googled for a rule protecting a goalkeeper in the 6 yard box, but it appears to not or no longer exist. Maybe somebody with a better grasp of the rules can explain.

You can touch the goalkeeper I think, but you can't impede the goalkeeper to move in the 6-yard-box which is exactly what Olic did. At least in SA these fouls are always blown, honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a ref not blow a foul for that. Even in the PL and big European leagues we see that consistently, but because it was Brazil and they got a horrible pen people are trying to make more out of it.

Now Unbelievable, I'm going to Arena Fonte Nova to watch your god damn team, and I'm starting to hope they actually win. I'm starting to think that Spain shouldn't get out of that group because they'll win it all if they do.

Haha, hope you enjoy it. I'm strangely confident that we will get at least a draw. Spain are notoriously slow starters at competitions, and I don't think they'll consider this first match as a must win. My prediction: a boring one each.

Milner, man ... why?  Trying so hard not to be boring  :lol:

"I asked the sales girl for something exciting. She found these and said they are canary. I said they're not canary, they're pants and they're yellow. Giggled for days."

"I asked the sales girl for something exciting. She found these and said they are canary. I said they're not canary, they're pants and they're yellow. Giggled for days."

:lol:

:laugh:

Anyone with countries on their betting slips that aren't Brazil might be better served binning them now if that's anything to go by. 2 goals scores by a player that should have been having the first use of the soap. A penalty that clearly wasn't and a goal disallowed for little. That's without the Croatian,  think it was Olic being clipped by the last man without even a foul given.

Fucking disgraceful.

Conspiracy theories aside, I don't think Brazil look like a side that will win it. They have some good individual players, but as a team they don't really put their football together that well. I can see teams exposing that defence on the counter attack.

Sime Vrsaljko was actually very good. FM legend comes good for once?

He was horrible man. Oscar dominated that flank and without some help he should've been off before the half was over.

He was horrible man. Oscar dominated that flank and without some help he should've been off before the half was over.

Considering he was often on his own back there he was solid. Olic hardly helped out!

The three peace doves they released before the game: 1 was found in the press box in the end of th evening and the other two flew into the stadium walls and died. Told my dad about it and he told me that in Seoul in the olympics the peace doves flew into the fire :lol:

Why do they do this to the poor birds? There's no peace one earth, give up.

The three peace doves they released before the game: 1 was found in the press box in the end of th evening and the other two flew into the stadium walls and died. Told my dad about it and he told me that in Seoul in the olympics the peace doves flew into the fire :lol:

Considering he was often on his own back there he was solid. Olic hardly helped out!

We watched completely different games, IMO Olic was excellent all game. He kept covering for Vrsaljko and without his cover I think we would've won this game easily. You have to remember that Olic can't defend both Oscar and Dani by himself.

Fucking hell!

We watched completely different games, IMO Olic was excellent all game. He kept covering for Vrsaljko and without his cover I think we would've won this game easily. You have to remember that Olic can't defend both Oscar and Dani by himself.

Guess so. Thought he did well considering he was out of position. He certainly kept Bulk quiet when he went out there.

Guess so. Thought he did well considering he was out of position. He certainly kept Bulk quiet when he went out there.

:thup: It's all subjective anyways.