2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm curious - where are people watching this right now? I'm lying in bed at 1pm :lol:.

Laying down parallel to the tv on an uncomfortable sofa at home. It's 8pm. I'm shirtless, and sipping on ice water, and swatting away mosquito f***s.

I just picture this:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110519033949/slaveleia/images/0/08/Jabba_the_hutt.jpg

You're not far off :lol:

It's always the same really with refs and officials at World Cups. I know we have a go at the standard here but i'd take our lot over any other set in world football.

Our representatives have really excellent themselves at the last 2 World Cups.

Who would you choose over our lot then?

Not sure I could name a referee tbqh. Poll's card trick was great fun in 2006 though.

Yeah that was terrible, a stand out moment but my point still stands. Also just to point out i meant ours in general, not one particular one. Apart from Collina, there's no stand out great ref, even when he was wrong, fuck it he was right.  :lol:

Cameroon go on to win this and these two mistakes eclipse the outcome of Poll's mistake (from memory it didn't actually effect the match outcome)

That Portuguese one who does the high profile CL games is good, I forget his name.

Procena? Is he here?

Aye that's the one. I assume so. Don't really know how they pick the refs, assume each country qualified sends some.

Guess so, meaning we get some dodgy sets along the way. Can't remember which WC it was but a set of Asian officials (Think Japan, Korea) were easily the worst things since football was invented, they didn't actually know the rules of the game.  :lol:

Going back to my initial point, i'd take our lot over any set anywhere else, every time i watch football around the world the refs seem way behind in quality. Apart from Uriah Rennie, who is/was an absolute cunt of the highest order.

Anyway, back to the football. Come on Mexico.  :coolsmiley: