2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just wonder why Sabella hates Tevez.

Because they're much better without his candyass getting in the way.

They're not though. They really aren't better without him.

Yes they are. They've been far better since they fucked him off and his whole hero of the people nonsense stopped getting in the way of Messi and Aguero.

If he's on the bench there's always pressure to play him. Argentina have been liberated since the end of Copa America 2011 and they took him out of the equation altogether.

Yes they are. They've been far better since they f***ed him off and his whole hero of the people nonsense stopped getting in the way of Messi and Aguero.

If he's on the bench there's always pressure to play him. Argentina have been liberated since the end of Copa America 2011 and they took him out of the equation altogether.

:thup:

@lee_ryder: #Argentina didn't sparkle tonight but got the result, #resultsbusiness

Thanks Lee

I'm not going to bother watching any games. Just read Lee's posts.

You know he's say at home, stained sweat pants on, eating last nights leftovers. Smugly tweeting that like he's some sort of sage.

He's matsurbated to 4Music 3 times tonight.

Yes they are. They've been far better since they f***ed him off and his whole hero of the people nonsense stopped getting in the way of Messi and Aguero.

Problem with your argument is in my opinion that you're completely leaving out the most important part of the equation and that is that neither Sergio Batista or Maradona manages this team. For once they've had a competent manager, and you'll find very few people who agree that they look better than they would without Tevez. Obviously it's impossible to prove, but I'm just saying that without Higuain, Aguero and Messi they've never looked very convincing.

They lost to Venezuela, drew to Bolivia at home and away, Peru away, Colombia home and had other weak performances without one or more of the top three and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been the case had Tevez played instead of Lavezzi, Sosa, Palacios, Alvares or whoever played instead. It's obviously all hypothetical and you know I respect your opinion since I know you've watched them and isn't just inventing stuff :thup:

@lee_ryder: #Argentina didn't sparkle tonight but got the result, #resultsbusiness

Thanks Lee

I'm not going to bother watching any games. Just read Lee's posts.

You know he's say at home, stained sweat pants on, eating last nights leftovers. Smugly tweeting that like he's some sort of sage.

He's matsurbated to 4Music 3 times tonight.

He deserves all sorts of criticism for spouting the bullshit that he does, but he also seems like the kind of guy who'd off himself because of it, unfortunately.

Problem with your argument is in my opinion that you're completely leaving out the most important part of the equation and that is that neither Sergio Batista or Maradona manages this team. For once they've had a competent manager, and you'll find very few people who agree that they look better than they would without Tevez. Obviously it's impossible to prove, but I'm just saying that without Higuain, Aguero and Messi they've never looked very convincing.

They lost to Venezuela, drew to Bolivia at home and away, Peru away, Colombia home and had other weak performances without one or more of the top three and I'm pretty sure that wouldn't have been the case had Tevez played instead of Lavezzi, Sosa, Palacios, Alvares or whoever played instead. It's obviously all hypothetical and you know I respect your opinion since I know you've watched them and isn't just inventing stuff :thup:

On the whole though, their results and performances have been far better without Tevez. There was always the temptation (and pressure on the manager) for him to play and he and Messi frequently got in each others way. There's no doubt in my mind they've been liberated by removing Tevez out of the equation. It's not always about having the best players but having the best system and the best group of personalities.

You say Tevez would have been better under the current manager but its 100% the current manager's decision to get rid. It was never a possibility.

The other thing with Tevez for me is that he individually never played well for Argentina anyway, worse than Messi in fact despite all the criticism he gets at international level. 13 goals in 64 internationals is a poor record on paper as well.

Argentina had a number of chances to end this match and wasted them all. Annoying for my purposes that they only won by the odd goal. Neither team looked very solid at all defensively. Iran is probably the best defence in the group, tbh.

Looking forward to the first 0-0 of the tourney against youse lot tomorrow, mate.

According to latest report, Queiroz is pulling a Low/Wilmots. Playing 2 CBs at fullback, and 2 attacking fullback as wingers, leaving two of our Europe based players on the bench.

An early goal should open the game up...but I somehow doubt we'll see an early goal.

Hope Shola starts as trequarista in that #10 role.

Argentina had a number of chances to end this match and wasted them all. Annoying for my purposes that they only won by the odd goal. Neither team looked very solid at all defensively. Iran is probably the best defence in the group, tbh.

Looking forward to the first 0-0 of the tourney against youse lot tomorrow, mate.

According to latest report, Queiroz is pulling a Low/Wilmots. Playing 2 CBs at fullback, and 2 attacking fullback as wingers, leaving two of our Europe based players on the bench.

An early goal should open the game up...but I somehow doubt we'll see an early goal.

If all the reports are true and everyone is still fit, it will be this imo:

Enyeama

Ambrose    Oboabona    Omeruo  Oshaniwa

Onazi

Mikel Obi              Azeez

Musa                                                Moses

Emenike

I think the only way Shola appears is if the team is desperate for a goal and wants a "dominant" aerial presence in the box.

I'm hoping for 2-0 to the SE, but the day is finally here, so we will see in ~17.25 hours.

If all the reports are true and everyone is still fit, it will be this imo:

Ameobi

Ameobi    Ameobi    Ameobi  Ameobi

Ameobi

Mikel AmeObi              Ameobi

Ameobi                                            Ameobi

Ameobi

:megusta:

The different national teams posters here support never ceases to surprise. I'd never have pegged GeorgeCostanza as an Iran supporter. I guess this is what happens when you don't spend all your time on N-O, and just pop in and out a couple of times a day.

NUFC's like a global BDSM club, all of us in it for the pain, regardless of nationality.

Guest neesy111

Sky Sports News harping on about Messi not scoring in a World Cup for 8 years...so basically he didn't score in 2010. Cretins man.

Rooney says hi.