2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shut up ffs. :lol: Finland was knocked out when the draw for the qualifying groups was done. Enjoy the fact that you're even going there.

Without wanting to be a douche, it would probably have been better for football in Australia that we didn't qualify as opposed to scraping in and then getting destroyed on the world stage.

The (general) Australian sporting public's psyche is an amazing thing, in that if we aren't at least competitive then we shouldn't bother. The game is very much still faced with a hostile media (as well as large portions of the public) who delight in every misstep football makes because of the threat the game poses to the "traditional" sports of Australian Football, rugby league, rugby union and cricket.

So yeah, getting splattered three times in a row is a big deal. I'm sorry Finland didn't make it, but I'm concerned about how this draw impacts on the future of the game in my country...

I was only joking but cheers for the reply. :thup: I didn't know or remember that football is still viewed like that in your country, hope you have three respectable results.

The soccer fans in the US who only watch few games every four years will be breaking their hearts with that draw. :lol:

As a citizen of Canada, what are your thoughts on the political situation in Iran, GC?

The new guy, Rouhani, is certainly moving things into the right direction, making friends with the world again. Ahmadinejad's extremeness actually damaged the national team, as the football team couldn't get any decent friendlies. In the end though, it's the lesser of 2 evils really, the country won't be a true democracy until the Islamic Republic is overthrown and I can't see it happening in the near future.

Can't wait for the upsets. Something tells me Spain won't make it out the group phase.

Actually wouldn't be surprised if that happens, i also wouldn't be surprised if its not the only big team who flop.

The draw has really got me excited for it all now, can't wait.

Brasil 2014 Fraude @FraudeMundial14

Grupo del Mundial: Argentina, Nigeria, Iran, Bosnia #FifaFraude

Posted yesterday at 23:38. Also named Italy as group two mover.

Not sure how many possible combinations Argentina had. I know the U.S.had around 700 possible grouping combinations. Presumably Argentina had a similar number. They could have created a Twitter account for each one and deleted the bad accounts afterwards.

When you factor in the prediction of Italy being the team that moves pot that needs to be multiplied by 9 giving you 6300 possible combinations.

Probably a fair bit of work, but not impossible to fake.

Just read Susic (Bosnia's manager) comments about the draw and Iran. What a cocky bastard, check the history of games between the sides maybe.

Hope Queiroz makes him look like a fool, just as he did with Choi (Korea's former manager).

It's your first appearance in the WC Bosnia, chillax buddy. Calma !

US posters vs Benfica fans - 5 on 5, Mike and jotenko team captains

Dino v GC v Baba, triple threat

VI v Unbelievable v Raconteur, heel turn from cfcmagpies as he costs Raconteur the victory

Just read Susic (Bosnia's manager) comments about the draw and Iran. What a cocky bastard, check the history of games between the sides maybe.

Hope Queiroz makes him look like a fool, just as he did with Choi (Korea's former manager).

The behavior of both managers was utterly embarrassing. The only reason you guys get to brag about it now is because you won the stupid game.

Just read Susic (Bosnia's manager) comments about the draw and Iran. What a cocky b******, check the history of games between the sides maybe.

The behavior of both managers was utterly embarrassing. The only reason you guys get to brag about it now is because you won the stupid game.

Totally agree. Was like watching two 12 year old fights, but happy ending for us. and then Queiroz instead of celebrating telling him to shove it up his ass.

Have to admit though, Carlos photoshopping Choi's face on Uzbekistan jersey made me piss myself laughing. He's a mad man. Extremely emotional and I can totally see him getting sent off from the dug-out in one of the WC games.

Group B winner (likely European team) could have a tricky match against Gp A runners-up in the round of 16, with it being played at 1pm in hot and humid Fortaleza.

Madness from FIFA to allow that. The quality of that match will be compromised under such conditions too.

Group B winner (likely European team) could have a tricky match against Gp A runners-up in the round of 16, with it being played at 1pm in hot and humid Fortaleza.

Madness from FIFA to allow that. The quality of that match will be compromised under such conditions too.

At least they're not holding the World Cup in the middle of a desert or something, right?

At least they're not holding the World Cup in the middle of a desert or something, right?

The desert WC is obviously ridiculous as a whole but the high humidity is another factor that saps your energy away. The least they could do is not play the game at 1pm heat coupled with the human fountain scenario.

The journey from Manaus to Sao Paulo, where England's second game is being played, is 1,666 miles with a further 303 miles travelling for the third match in Belo Horizonte.

There are few direct flights from Manaus to Sao Paulo and indirect combinations can take as long as ten hours. If no flights are available, the journey would take about a week by road and boat.

Both Manaus and Belo Horizonte feature among the 50 most dangerous cities in the world, according to recent statistics. Manaus is the 11th with 70.37 homicides per 100,000 residents while Belo Horizonte is 48th with 29.74 homicides per 100,000 residents.

In Sao Paulo, the team will play Uruguay at the Arena Corinthians, the stadium where two workers died last week when a crane collapsed. The stadium is now not expected to be ready until April.

Well this is gonna be a barrel of laughs isn't it :undecided: :lol:

The journey from Manaus to Sao Paulo, where England's second game is being played, is 1,666 miles with a further 303 miles travelling for the third match in Belo Horizonte.

There are few direct flights from Manaus to Sao Paulo and indirect combinations can take as long as ten hours. If no flights are available, the journey would take about a week by road and boat.

Both Manaus and Belo Horizonte feature among the 50 most dangerous cities in the world, according to recent statistics. Manaus is the 11th with 70.37 homicides per 100,000 residents while Belo Horizonte is 48th with 29.74 homicides per 100,000 residents.

In Sao Paulo, the team will play Uruguay at the Arena Corinthians, the stadium where two workers died last week when a crane collapsed. The stadium is now not expected to be ready until April.

Well this is gonna be a barrel of laughs isn't it :undecided: :lol:

:lol: Be happy the US has it worse, in terms of distance :lol:

Love England's group like. Interesting games and reckon they'll still get through.

Will also enjoy seeing USA and Australia be rightly punished for their hatred of the beautiful game.

It'll do my heart good to see England, the "cradle" of world football, bow out unspectacularly, again. :)