2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Portugal's "others" will need to step up tonight, can't see USA giving Ronaldo much space if it all. They are going to aggressively mark him maybe even double or triple mark him IMO.

Looking forward to it though, should be a good game.

Thought there was no Ronaldo there for a mo.

Looks like your lot are playing for the 1-0, 0-0. Disappointing.

I think they're gonna try to control the midfield, limit what Moutinho can do and restrict Portugal's time on the ball.

Even then it looks like a very negative midfield 3 (based on your opening game). Could well be counter productive against an unfamiliar Portuguese defence. Just want goals tbh.

I expect Jones and Meireles to butt heads a few times, as Jones did with Muntari. Beckerman's sole job will be to shadow Ronaldo ( :yao: ).

Dempsey doesn't like playing with his back to goal, but he's gonna have to do exactly that today.

Portugal's "others" will need to step up tonight, can't see USA giving Ronaldo much space if it all. They are going to aggressively mark him maybe even double or triple mark him IMO.

:thup: In theory Nani is more than good enough to exploit the space against a shit LB but we've all seen so many times he hates taking opportunities.

:thup: In theory Nani is more than good enough to exploit the space against a s*** LB but we've all seen so many times he hates taking opportunities.

:thup: and if he does it will in turn commit defenders, opening up space for the star man. I'm not expecting them to play that well though, can't remember the last time i saw Portugal play well. They usually play like crap and individuals win the game anyway.

Been that way ever since Deco and Figo retired, not expecting that to magically change.

I remember someone saying the Asian sides would do better than the African sides. Boy they where wrong.

It's a rebuilding year for Korea, Japan's best players are out of form.  Iran and Australia have never done anything at this level

Find it funny Postiga getting pelters on Twitter.

Worst thing about American and Australia in the WC is the weird bias English TV affords them because they speak English.

Find it funny Postiga getting pelters on Twitter.

Worst thing about American and Australia in the WC is the weird bias English TV affords them because they speak English.

I think it's the American fans who once every four years suddenly remember they like "soccer" and bust out the "#1 USA" foam fingers and literally morph into the stereotype of loud obnoxious American Sports Fan.*

* American fans on this board largely excluded from this given that they somehow found it in their freedom organ* to love Jozy over the years despite him playing for the scum.

** heart