2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Europe vs. America

LucaAltieri
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's about respecting the game. Cheating is an insult to the game of football. I think it's one of the biggest problems in football today; many managers, players, journalists, even fans don't respect the game; today it's about winning at any price. Is that what we want football to be reduced to? A game that's exclusively about winning or losing?

In an ideal world no, but we don't live in one and won't. That's also why there are rules in football, why there are cards, so you can be punished. A tackle to break up a counter attack is also cheating then? Do we really want football where players can't come close to each other? It's all about taking advantage of the other team and beat them, and had Gyan scored no one would be talking about Suarez handball. He did what most intelligent players would do in that situation. That's my opinion.

No, tackles are allowed in football, and a big part of the game. Don't see your point there.

Yeah, tackles where you get the ball. Not tackles where you don't, otherwise there wouldn't be punishments for it. So my point is that a last ditch tackle, handball, breaking up counter attacks, wasitng time are all illegal parts of the game and cheating as well then.

Yeah, tackles where a player intentionally takes out the player instead of the ball (see Solskjaer example) and intentional handball is cheating, that's correct. Time-wasting is more difficult to assess and I'm not sure what the rule book says tbh.

So is fouling a player in basketball as you're preventing someone from scoring. Jesus, what type of football is this that you want the world to see? We're going to have to agree to disagree. :thup:

Basketball? Who's talking about basketball? :lol: Tackles should be made with the aim to get the ball, that's hardly controversial.

I'm just saying generally in all sports there are fouls which under your definition should be cheating.

Petty theft and murder are both crimes, they're obviously at very different points on the scale though and they're punished accordingly.  Suarez definitely should have gone to prison like.

I like it :lol: The progression from making a serious point, realising you just can't do it, giving up, but ultimately deciding, "fuck it, I'll just post it anyway". This is a great place.

:lol: You know me too well - I tried to think of a way of phrasing it better for 30 full seconds, then thought "fuck it", added the Suarez bit then hit send.

It's about respecting the game. Cheating is an insult to the game of football. I think it's one of the biggest problems in football today; many managers, players, journalists, even fans don't respect the game; today it's about winning at any price. Is that what we want football to be reduced to? A game that's exclusively about winning or losing?

In an ideal world no, but we don't live in one and won't. That's also why there are rules in football, why there are cards, so you can be punished. A tackle to break up a counter attack is also cheating then? Do we really want football where players can't come close to each other? It's all about taking advantage of the other team and beat them, and had Gyan scored no one would be talking about Suarez handball. He did what most intelligent players would do in that situation. That's my opinion.

No, tackles are allowed in football, and a big part of the game. Don't see your point there.

Yeah, tackles where you get the ball. Not tackles where you don't, otherwise there wouldn't be punishments for it. So my point is that a last ditch tackle, handball, breaking up counter attacks, wasitng time are all illegal parts of the game and cheating as well then.

Yeah, tackles where a player intentionally takes out the player instead of the ball (see Solskjaer example) and intentional handball is cheating, that's correct. Time-wasting is more difficult to assess and I'm not sure what the rule book says tbh.

So is fouling a player in basketball as you're preventing someone from scoring. Jesus, what type of football is this that you want the world to see? We're going to have to agree to disagree. :thup:

Not necessarily.  Cheating requires an intention to break the rules to gain an unfair advantage.  You can foul without cheating.

So it's the intention that makes it cheating? So where does the line go for what is a cheating tackle and what is not? If I bring someone down when he's on goal and my intentions are to get the ball but I know the chances are slim, how is that defined? Genuine question, this is what football is about, differing opinions.

I thought your earlier post was a bit insulting, but it just turns out your definition of "intelligence" is just completely out of synch with reality.. :lol:

:lol: Yeah, I'm not taking s*** from someone that was p*ssed on by Dan.

If it's an honest attempt to get the ball it's not cheating.  It's not that hard.

So MBiwa was cheating when bringing down Nasri? Can't believe we have a guy like him in our team.

I dunno why you've got such a f***ing chip on your shoulder about this, Felipao. :lol: Nee need.

Just a boring friday so I thought I'd come in here to disagree with the 'polic crew.

If it's an honest attempt to get the ball it's not cheating.  It's not that hard.

So MBiwa was cheating when bringing down Nasri? Can't believe we have a guy like him in our team.

I don't recall the incident (I deed no see eet) but if he's intentioonally taken the man instead of the ball then yes, it's cheating.  This is where you go all black and white on us and pretend you can't see any difference in magnitude ('cheating is cheating derp').

:lol: What the f***'s gannin on in here man, FFS.

Deep analytical discussion of the FIFA World Cup 2014 in Brasil.

Divvent rattle the boss man. You'll be a dead man.