Newcastle to charge away fans at SJP £20 - Deals with WBA and Swansea agreed

Guest Geordiesned

Would cost you exactly the same to see the return fixture, those fans have come to watch their team that they most probably pay their own season tickets for. There will be people in the milburn stand that have paid a decent amount for their Tickets. Wouldn't bother me at all

But the vast majority of fans never go to away games, so they don't get the benefit in return.

Would cost you exactly the same to see the return fixture, those fans have come to watch their team that they most probably pay their own season tickets for. There will be people in the milburn stand that have paid a decent amount for their Tickets. Wouldn't bother me at all

But the vast majority of fans never go to away games, so they don't get the benefit in return.

They get the benefit of not having to pay extortionate train fares, hotels etc, whilst Arsenal and QPR away fans get the benefit of being able to go to half their away games on the tube.

They get the benefit of not having to pay extortionate train fares, hotels etc, whilst Arsenal and QPR away fans get the benefit of being able to go to half their away games on the tube.

Sure, but I'm just talking about the general principle of home tickets being a lot more expensive than away. I know London away fans have it sweet.

Only problem I can see with £20 tickets is it will be so much harder to get one.

Especially as the popular thing to do seems to be buy one regardless of your intentions of going and sell it on twitter. Child tickets being the main culprit.

Prices for spurs announced earlier today, £41/37, guess they're one of the clubs that you'd guess would say no to the idea.

Not when they can sell returns to their own fans at the same price.

A lot of the bigger/London clubs will say no but I can see the likes of Hull, WBA, Stoke etc. going for this. Great move.

Then again they may face some pressure off there fans as i sure they would like to save about £20 on there longest trip of the season.

Guest neesy111

no option they'll pay the inflated food and drink prices.

That's complete rubbish.  People can simply not eat/drink for 2 hours, it's easily done.

This reminds me of the way Ashley pissed off the other shirt sellers by undercutting their prices and then turning whistle blower against the price fixing.

Undoubtedly good for us fans to pay less for the shitty product he serves up, but will really piss off those other clubs with smaller capacities than ours....and those with bigger stadiums that can still draw a crowd paying top whack.

It's all well and good offering concessions, but we laugh at Sunderland when they give away free tickets at the SOS. While it's a good move in principle, it won't mean much if the football team doesn't deliver. Get the product right first and we can look at this sort of stunt more favourably.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this already but going by most if not all Premier League fixtures this would mean away fans pay less for a match ticket than a home fan at SJP.

I think most if not all London clubs will not agree to this, then you can throw in Man Utd, Man City, and Liverpool who will all think that tickets at their grounds are worthy of more money.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this already but going by most if not all Premier League fixtures this would mean away fans pay less for a match ticket than a home fan at SJP.

I think most if not all London clubs will not agree to this, then you can throw in Man Utd, Man City, and Liverpool who will all think that tickets at their grounds are worthy of more money.

Of which there are in the majority of cases much less travel costs. Frankly all standard tickets should be max £20 but never going to happen.

"Sunderland subsidise away tickets at certain fixtures by £10 and have improved the concourse, signage and bar areas for travelling fans. They will also produce 40,000 guidebooks for visiting fans with things to see and do while in the area."

:spit: 'Go to Newcastle'

As a home fan at Arsenal and QPR I would be slightly miffed if the away fans were paying a third of my ticket price TBH.

I know it's irrational but this would be an issue for me too. Always took pride in the fact that my local club charges away fans the most and gives them the shittiest seats :lol:

Ashley also knows that by keeping the prices down he fills the ground and once people are in the ground and have no option they'll pay the inflated food and drink prices.

The club doesn't make any money from food and drink game to game... MA outsourced the contract iirc so just gets a fixed figure per season i believe...

Article about how clubs are spending the £200k. 

:thup: to City

Manchester City: Manuel Pellegrini’s staff and first-team squad have chipped in to the offer. Half-price tickets will be on offer to season-ticket holders at selected away games. Games will be chosen if a considerable travelling distance is involved or it falls in a series of games taking place during a short period of time.

Work is underway at the Etihad to improve the experience for visiting supporters. Club captain Vincent Kompany said: 'I hope this initiative proves how much we value our incredible support on the road'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2451738/Away-Fans-Fund-What-Premier-League-clubs-spending-200k-on.html#ixzz2hKOq0F2B