Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

Krul - 7 Maybe should have done better for second goal

Debuchy - 9 Best performance for us

Williamson - 7 Not that convinced yet but an improvement

Mbiwia - 4 Catastrophic error, just stupid which is worrying (Dummet - 8 Absolutely dream game for him hah)

Santon - 6 Carried ball forward well, bit of a middling game

Tiote - 8 Would be higher if he'd not played Suarez onside, much much better

Cabaye - 8 Bossed their midfield, fabulous goal (Anita - 6 Kept us calm late on with some passing but not on much)

Sissoko - 5 Lost the ball a lot before going off

Remy - 6 Maybe should have won us for it but good outlet

Hatem Ben Arfa - 5 Helped us keep possession in midfield but didn't offer any threat. (Sammy Ameobi - 5 didn't do anything really)

Gouffran - 8 Worked his socks off completely, put in a few dangerous crosses, thought really good kept their wing pinned back

If we can play like that week in week out we'll at least be free of relegation woes

SO proud of all the lads - all of them for putting in a shift and working their socks off for the result.

I'm sitting here thinking, would the result been the same if we had 11 out there? Would we ended up losing? I'm thinking the 10 men somehow suited us. Maybe I'm wrong.

Just great stuff from the lads there. Loved the desire and workrate today, and we also played some very good football at times. Congratulations all round. Very positive ahead of the derby.

SO proud of all the lads - all of them for putting in a shift and working their socks off for the result.

I'm sitting here thinking, would the result been the same if we had 11 out there? Would we ended up losing? I'm thinking the 10 men somehow suited us. Maybe I'm wrong.

We looked likely to win it at 11 v 11.

No chance we should have won that. We barely went in their half in the second half.

What?

We have 3 good counters that I remember and scored a goal.

We were a man down you know.

Did their keeper make a save in the second half? Really can't remember one and that's not the sign of a team that should have won.

Are you surprised?  You did see the sending off?

All I'm saying is that we "shouldn't have won it". We were celebrating the draw as if it were a win.

Guest palnese

No, I just don't think its right to celebrate a draw. Yes we played well but I believe we could have won.

I honestly thought you were joking. :(

Same.

No chance we should have won that. We barely went in their half in the second half.

What?

We have 3 good counters that I remember and scored a goal.

We were a man down you know.

Did their keeper make a save in the second half? Really can't remember one and that's not the sign of a team that should have won.

Are you surprised?  You did see the sending off?

All I'm saying is that we "shouldn't have won it". We were celebrating the draw as if it were a win.

Again... with 10 men for 50 minutes against a good team... are you surprised?

Great first half performance - sending off obviously changed the game, and way we had to play second half, and in the end have to be happy with a draw - however, had it stayed 11 v 11, I think we could have won that game.

Lets hope we can play as well (minus the sending off) next weekend.

Guest firetotheworks

Krul - 6

Debuchy - 7.5

Williamson - 6

MYM - 4.5

Santon - 6

Tiote - 7.5

Cabaye - 7.5

Sissoko - 6

Remy - 6

HBA - 4

Gouffran - 8