Newcastle United 2 - 2 Liverpool - 19/10/13 - Post-match reaction from page 27

Beren

Am I the only one who thinks MYM hardly touched Suarez today? Does placing a hand on a shoulder warrant a foul? I hate modern football where Suarez is in the right for going down to win a penalty when he could easily have stayed on his feet. It probably is a foul by the letter of the law but it's a sad state of affairs  :(

how is a player in the right for hitting the deck as soon as he is touched ?

surely it's only a foul if the challenge does enough to impede the attacker which it doesn't.

Am I the only one who thinks MYM hardly touched Suarez today? Does placing a hand on a shoulder warrant a foul? I hate modern football where Suarez is in the right for going down to win a penalty when he could easily have stayed on his feet. It probably is a foul by the letter of the law but it's a sad state of affairs  :(

surely it's only a foul if the challenge does enough to impede the attacker which it doesn't.

Well he was impeded.

You see lots of little tugs like that in a game, where it's enough to throw a player off balance or slow them down. It might not be enough for them to hit the deck, but it can prevent a player from getting in a shot or going past a defender.

It's a deliberate foul and I don't blame any player for going to ground and making sure they get the pen or the free kick. If you fight to keep on your feet, you're far less likely to get the decision.

Well he was impeded.

You see lots of little tugs like that in a game, where it's enough to throw a player off balance or slow them down. It might not be enough for them to hit the deck, but it can prevent a player from getting in a shot or going past a defender.

It's a deliberate foul and I don't blame any player for going to ground and making sure they get the pen or the free kick. If you fight to keep on your feet, you're far less likely to get the decision.

I don't think it was enough to impede the player, you can tell by suarez's exaggerated movement, up and back before going down. FWIW I will always blame any player for going down when they can stay up.

What a horrible team they are. Suarez and Gerrard personify it. 

They're not really that good, if they were they'd have beaten us easily considering their numerical advantage and the possession they enjoyed second half.

Typical Rodgers team, retain possession, pass square but don't get it forward quickly enough to the players who can hurt the opposition.

Might be alone with this but clapping Gerrard for corners: f*** RIGHT OFF.

Don't worry, you're not alone. Never liked Gerrard. Good player but like Carragher, he somehow has that bit of cuntedness in him.

Might be alone with this but clapping Gerrard for corners: f*** RIGHT OFF.

Don't worry, you're not alone. Never liked Gerrard. Good player but like Carragher, he somehow has that bit of cuntedness in him.

Well he did punch someone over a jukebox selection, so yeah, a bit of cuntedeness

Guest Haris Vuckic

I'm sure the Spion Kop clapped many a Newcastle player & goalie etc but for a corner? Fuck off.

They should have had a slap.

Yes, in architecture & stadium design named after the battle. (which may be ironic for Liverpool I guess)

Nobody ever called it that, the only ground where I can remember the fans calling an end the Spion Kop was Coventry.

Yes, in architecture & stadium design named after the battle. (which may be ironic for Liverpool I guess)

Nobody ever called it that, the only ground where I can remember the fans calling an end the Spion Kop was Coventry.

Tons of grounds have Spion Kops (or Kops)