How far can they go - what would break you?

Guest Howaythetoon

Selling Cabaye, not replacing him. Getting destroyed in the derby, then again at Chelsea, then again last night. They broke me when we didn't replace the man,  and each result thereafter has been a pissing on the damage type thing.

I'm registering random anger/apathy about this club and I see no way forward, ever, until Mike Ashley sells up. What he's doing to the city, the supporters (near and far), and what I refer to as the true club, not Mike and his cronies who run it, really hurts me. Badly.

Selling Cabaye, not replacing him. Getting destroyed in the derby, then again at Chelsea, then again last night. They broke me when we didn't replace the man,  and each result thereafter has been a pissing on the damage type thing.

I'm registering random anger/apathy about this club and I see no way forward, ever, until Mike Ashley sells up. What he's doing to the city, the supporters (near and far), and what I refer to as the true club, not Mike and his cronies who run it, really hurts me. Badly.

The really depressing question is, what about after Ashley sells up?

I'm not sure I'm 'broken' but I'm pretty empty about it all. I was angry after yesterday's s*** heap but far less than I would've been, even 4 weeks ago, the care is seeping out of me. Don't get me wrong, I've really enjoyed some games this season (in that good streak) but it just looks so bleak.

The club's lack of ambition is appalling, there's no footballing project, the manager is bang average and the players are somewhat talented but, ultimately, gutless. They are an extension of the board, I don't think we have any 'bad' characters but we don't any really good ones (Cisse and Anita were the only players I actually saw trying to gee the team up after conceding, last night). It's not a foreigners thing either, it's just we don't sign footballers that respect us, just people with some talent who are looking to show their qualities so they can go to a bigger stage, there's little genuine care for us. Not that they should while we continue to model ourselves as some West Brom-esque club without any footballing ambition or plan. We'll always be this vacuous space of a club while we operate this way and it's just not something I feel like I can properly get behind.

We're a business now, not a football club, the actual football is secondary and that makes being a fan a pointless experience.

Not following? I have hope that anybody who bought this club wouldn't be as awful as Mike Ashley?

Depressing for you maybe.  I will be optimistic that we finally have an owner that cares and will invest in the club generously.

Not following? I have hope that anybody who bought this club wouldn't be as awful as Mike Ashley?

I just mean there as many questions as answers about who might come next, and what they might be able to achieve with the club. It's not easy or cheap to get us into the elite again.

Forgot to take a Xanax this morning have we?

Guest hydeous

I'm done with football until the world cup. There are more important things to be angry and pissed off about in my life than Mike Ashley and Alan Pardew.

Guest neesy111

I just mean there as many questions as answers about who might come next, and what they might be able to achieve with the club. It's not easy or cheap to get us into the elite again.

People are not talking about getting into the elite again, people just want a club ran properly on the off the field, where the club spends the money it has on new players, it shows some ambition and doesn't appoint friends/drinking in key positions at the club but people on merit.

People are not talking about getting into the elite again, people just want a club ran properly on the off the field, where the club spends the money it has on new players, it shows some ambition and doesn't appoint friends/drinking in key positions at the club but people on merit.

Staggering that there are still people struggling to grasp this concept.

Some fans seem confined to the fact that Vincent Tan or Venkys are the compulsory owners in line after Ashley.

Apart from the mega rich Chelsea and Manchester City, I look at Arsenal, Manchester United, Everton, Liverpool, Swansea, Southampton and Tottenham as clubs who are making sensible appointments and progressing with the help of strategic direction and sporting ambition.

We really, really should be able to do the same. In fact, I look at those clubs and think that it's probably going to take a f***ing lot for someone to come in and make us feel worse than this. We do not have to become Cardiff or Hull or Leeds or Coventry.

This means they can never truly break me;

"What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city.

It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.”

That said, they're testing my patience to the limit right now. We're being run in the same fashion as Sports Direct, a bargain basement, lowest common denominator business model and it stinks.

Cabaye leaving really really pissed me off, not because he left (we all knew he probably would deep down) but the fact that we didn't replace him makes absolutely no sense from a footballing perspective.

This season's a write off now and particularly after a very credible first half makes it all the more galling tbh.

It's gutting right now and there's probably more to come which we'll have to go through but all-in-all, they can't take away my love for Newcastle United and all that it stands for :thup:

Ian, man. I'm going to try and say this 1 time to you - if your fear is that 'the next guy' is worse than Ashley, so just settle with Ashley as you know what he's capable of - you really need a deep, hard re-think man. That is some absolutely unambitious/defeatist thinking...I just hope its a biproduct of what Ashley's regime has done to you over the years my friend; which hopefully, can be fixed the day he sells up (if it ever happens). Generally speaking, takeovers in recent years are on the majority more "average" versus the money-rich City, or pretty fucking ambitious Liverpool etc. and of course not as bad as Tan and Venkys.

Prontonising all over him there. :lol:

This better the devil you know shit is like the worst. It's awful man.

I don't disagree with you. It's a complete fallacy. I mean, what is manifestly more depressing than this? I'd gamble, rather than stick every time :lol:

Some fans seem confined to the fact that Vincent Tan or Venkys are the compulsory owners in line after Ashley.

Apart from the mega rich Chelsea and Manchester City, I look at Arsenal, Manchester United, Everton, Liverpool, Swansea, Southampton and Tottenham as clubs who are making sensible appointments and progressing with the help of strategic direction and sporting ambition.

We really, really should be able to do the same. In fact, I look at those clubs and think that it's probably going to take a f***ing lot for someone to come in and make us feel worse than this. We do not have to become Cardiff or Hull or Leeds or Coventry.

Prontonising all over him there. :lol:

This better the devil you know s*** is like the worst. It's awful man.

I don't disagree with you. It's a complete fallacy. I mean, what is manifestly more depressing than this? I'd gamble, rather than stick every time :lol:

Aye, you get nowhere in life without gambling, absolutely nowhere. I can't fathom a mindset where people sit about worried with the possibility of the next guy being worse than Mike Ashley. You know, the same guy who has taken the soul out of our once proud club.

How many of Ian's posts are actually things he truly believes in ? Surely no one can be so lacking in desire for his team to lift out of this world of nothingness. This blinkered support of the current regime and fear mongering of change must have an alliterative motive, whether it's just getting a rise from sops like me or something more sinister, I don't know.