How far can they go - what would break you?

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest dazzanufc1892

I'm already there. Said i wouldn't return to the stadium or buy a shirt the day houghton went and still haven't.

Ive started to watch a lot of different sports and even attended some other teams games. I hate it but my passion and feeling for the club is non existent anymore.

Even a big name signing wouldn't get any excitement these days. People spend money for absolutely nothing in return. The football is terrible, the club is billboard with no intention of winning anything, the whole point of sport is the drive for success. A few more years of this and i can see people starting to choose different teams so they at least have a team that gives something interesting back.

Me too. It's just impossible to get excited about a club we know for a fact has no intention of doing owt. Still love the club immensely and long for the day we actually become a proper football team.

Miss SJP loads, but refuse to fund Ashley's project. My opinion is, anyone who does, condones it. (sorry if that's harsh)

Guest firetotheworks

They've gone turbo like. We had 3, at a stretch 4 centre backs, one of which was out on loan and we've sold 1 of them and sold a left back.

I just fucking hate the lot of them man. I don't get upset anymore, I just feel frustration akin to wanting to do this to Ashley.

http://scribble.com/uwi/br/uncertainty/Image25.jpg

Guest dazzanufc1892

its hard, i went to a few local teams games and enjoyed it, but couldn't buy a shirt or a scarf, it felt like i was cheating myself. Sadly in limbo these days, the most entertainment i get out of football is this forum.

Stick to my New York Giants and the Magic in the basketball for entertainment!

Me too. It's just impossible to get excited about a club we know for a fact has no intention of doing owt. Still love the club immensely and long for the day we actually become a proper football team.

Miss SJP loads, but refuse to fund Ashley's project. My opinion is, anyone who does, condones it. (sorry if that's harsh)

I can see where you're coming from but I wouldn't go so far as to say those who attend still are condoning it...

I still attend and I don't condone it, at all. I just feel that my last stand would be to boycott, and I am yet to reach my last stand. Yet being the key word.

Maybe I was too harsh.

I just get exasperated at people who will acknowledge the club is a mess, but do nowt about it.

... and yet the people who walk away have effectively given up their voice in the stands which on mass is arguably the most potent way to force change at the club. :dontknow:

Guest firetotheworks

I can see where you're coming from but I wouldn't go so far as to say those who attend still are condoning it...

I still attend and I don't condone it, at all. I just feel that my last stand would be to boycott, and I am yet to reach my last stand. Yet being the key word.

You still condone it in the only language that Ashley can hear or cares about though, tbf.

Guest Roger Kint

Maybe I was too harsh.

I just get exasperated at people who will acknowledge the club is a mess, but do nowt about it.

Dont think you are being harsh at all. Ultimately the 50000 attendances are an endorsement of his running of us whether they hate him or not.

Maybe I was too harsh.

I'm sure many on here would agree 100%.

You're right though, our fans as whole have a sense of "this what a true fan would do". Myself probably included. This is what divides everyone so much. We're all massively passionate about the Toon, we just choose to show it different ways.

The problem being that too many are willing to turn up and not do anything about it. I'd rather turn up and shout about it and let them know what I think. Some would prefer just not to go. I know for me, the people choosing not to go aren't to be lambasted but are to be applauded for taking a stance. The worst ones are the ones who sit in silence at the game and then whinge about it in the pub.

Change won't come by itself. It needs to be done large-scale and by the majority. Which ever way...

Maybe I was too harsh.

... and yet the people who walk away have effectively given up their voice in the stands which is arguably the most potent route to force change at the club. :dontknow:

Hasn't seemed to work with Ashley (not helped by the fact that most fans hurl abuse at anyone who protests). It's not just about that though, I wouldn't feel right handing over any money to the club until we start behaving like a sports team.

Guest Roger Kint

Maybe I was too harsh.

... and yet the people who walk away have effectively given up their voice in the stands which is arguably the most potent route to force change at the club. :dontknow:

:lol: It appears those still going give up their voices at the turnstiles based on the atmosphere each week sitting on their hands silently accepting Ashley.

Used to tell people I support NUFC with such pride.

Now I tell them and I'm honestly embarrassed.

Me too. My car used to basically advertise my allegiance and where I am from. Don't even wear a scarf now - the shame.

Used to tell people I support NUFC with such pride.

Now I tell them and I'm honestly embarrassed.

Me too. My car used to basically advertise my allegiance and where I am from. Don't even wear a scarf now - the shame.

Might as well wear a scarf supporting Tesco or IBM.

Maybe I was too harsh.

Hasn't seemed to work with Ashley (not helped by the fact that most fans hurl abuse at anyone who protests). It's not just about that though, I wouldn't feel right handing over any money to the club until we start behaving like a sports team.

I'd say the few occasions the vitriol flowed from the stands made a big difference to Pardews outlook on his future, and played a large part in his decision to jump ship. It might be suggested that as more of the vocal few walk away, the chance of applying such pressure on individuals/the club in the future also diminishes which might be a shame.

Honestly can't fault people that do walk way mind. Fuckers have knocked the stuffing out of the support for the most part and I'm not naturally inclined to get militant myself either tbf.

I am pretty sure that even if NUFC played football in front of a completely empty stadium, i.e. no fans, that Ashley would still not be losing money.  As that is all he cares about it would seem that not going to the match only really effects the person who chooses not to go.

I stopped going and gave up my long term season ticket in the East Stand at the end of last season and will absolutely not go back while this thief is he owner of my club.

I thought I would miss it terribly but, the truth is I don't miss it at all.  I do miss the people I sat near and the pre match beers in town.  The football and everything that goes with that has not been a problem to me.

I look at the results, when we lose I am a little glum but, I wouldn't say I am particularly bothered - at least not like I was 10+ years ago when it meant something!

I guess it is fair to say that I was broken around 2 - 3 years ago by the regime, I put up with it for a couple of years and then decided that while my season ticket money made little difference to Ashley it did make a difference to me and I now have 60 quid per month extra to spend on other things....

Those of you that still go should just ask yourselves whether you go because you don't want to stop or whether you actually get any enjoyment from being at the game.  I don't care whether you all carry on going or whether you stop, it doesn't effect me at all, it has to be for yourselves.  I would bet that more than half of you that still go cannot say in 100% honesty that it is the game of football that keeps you going back - there will be some other circumstance or activity that you associate with going to he match that you are more addicted to...  Like I said for me it was the people around me, I can keep in touch with them by phone or meet up in the pub etc.  I can have a drink any time I want to, doesn't have to be Saturday afternoon.  The football actually meant very little to me when I analysed everything. 

It will take a lot to get me going back now but, Ashley and his cronies gone will be a huge step in the right direction....

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72193.0.html

I think that will go down as the last golden period for most fans. This was started before we beat the mackems 5-1 too and it's proof that life doesn't have to be a living hell under Ashley, he just chooses to make it so.

Sources close to the Hughton camp have let slip that he had a furious bust-up with the top brass immediately AFTER beating Sunderland 5-1 in the club’s greatest derby triumph in living memory. What should have been a night of unbridled celebration was soured for Hughton because he was accused of milking the crowd as the Toon Army chanted his name.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chris-hughton-sacked-newcastle-forced-3344724

Well worth reading that article again btw.