sunderland 2 - 1 Newcastle United - 27/10/13 - post-match reaction from page 47

Dave

@danwhitejourno 10m

#safc fans were chanting "Gary Speed, he couldn't shag his wife, so he took his life" before the match.

Forwarded that to 3 mates who are Leeds.  Their opinions and banter changed on who they wanted to win and basically all said the same thing.  "Dirty rotten c***s" "As bad as Millwall"

Joke how they escape the attention for being the horrible, vile b******s they are.

I want to know how they are the only club who allow their fans to run on the pitch after almost every goal. One scumbag went right up to Dummett today and the stewards were still sitting down.

Still don't get the rationale of starting with a false 9. They are an absolutely rubbish defence who are susceptible to pace. We shouldn't have set up to play in front of them, we should have had someone up top who was looking to get in behind them, pressuring and stretching them with pace and movement.

The changes afterwards were dire. No idea why he felt the need to switch into a midfield 4, even worse than that, he kept HBA up front and put Gouffran out wide but then placed Hatem wide left for the start of the second half. Why not just play your striker as one of the strikers? :lol: The man seemingly loves to over-complicate such a simple game.

Still don't get the rationale of starting with a false 9. They are an absolutely rubbish defence who are susceptible to pace. We shouldn't have set up to play in front of them, we should have had someone up top who was looking to get in behind them, pressuring and stretching them with pace and movement.

The changes afterwards were dire. No idea why he felt the need to switch into a midfield 4, even worse than that, he kept HBA up front and put Gouffran out wide but then placed Hatem wide left for the start of the second half. Why not just play your striker as one of the strikers? :lol: The man seemingly loves to over-complicate such a simple game.

Pardew is a right arse, why change so much during the season when we've had a summer to work on things?  He's a total arse and hasn't got a clue what he's doing, unfortunately neither have the players.

The worst part of it is that I think we've kept them up today. They depend 100% on what happens when they play us, and this will be enough to give them the bump to survive, along with the three points they'll get gift-wrapped from "Pards" in February.

The worst part of it is that I think we've kept them up today. They depend 100% on what happens when they play us, and this will be enough to give them the bump to survive, along with the three points they'll get gift-wrapped from "Pards" in February.

I dunno, they have a tough job on their hands, we gifted them the game today.

Who goes down instead though? Not exactly a race to the bottom at this point.

I've already posted this elsewhere, but it still seems right to me, so whilst I'm hesitant to post this here for the backlash I might get:

I Didn't watch the game.

I didn't listen to it.

I got in at about five and found out we lost to the Mackems...

...and I don't really feel like I give a shit.

That's not usual - but it feels like emotionally I've divorced myself from NUFC. I've got no pride or hope in or excitement for the club any more.

Maybe I'm just finished with football. (I've always been a Newcastle fan rather than a football fan.)

I'm perfectly ready for the accusation of fair-weather or whatever, but that's how it feels.

I've already posted this elsewhere, but it still seems right to me, so whilst I'm hesitant to post this here for the backlash I might get:

I Didn't watch the game.

I didn't listen to it.

...and I don't really feel like I give a s***.

That's not usual - but it feels like emotionally I've divorced myself from NUFC. I've got no pride or hope in or excitement for the club any more.

Maybe I'm just finished with football. (I've always been a Newcastle fan rather than a football fan.)

I'm perfectly ready for the accusation of fair-weather or whatever, but that's how it feels.

You'll find a few feel the same way, it's not fair weather. Essentially Ashley has beaten the life out of watching NUFC and taken any pride/enjoyment out of watching us

Aye, beaten the life out of it.

While his methods of cost cutting work well with shops.

Theres not two types of shopping. no better shopping to get up the league. People either like shopping or not. ( i hate it  but thats another story).  And if they like it they will maybe like it more if the product is cheaper.

This simply doesnt work with football, theres a desire to be entertained by the viewing public. How long can this be ignored?

I think this too. We could have firmly put a nail in their premiership coffin with a win, even a draw would have left them on 2pts after a 1/4 of season gone. Have a feeling we have given them a springboard and a bit of belief to put a few results together now.

Almost as frustrating as our similar effort last season.

I remember Wullie said it after the disgrace at home last; the hex has been broken (by Pardew/mackems). We're now very beatable in derbies under this regime and are rapidly becoming second rate in these games. Today, 0-3, and even the 1-1 (Shola last minute at home) have all been in the post with Pardew in charge. Absolute disgrace.

No other manager under any other hierachy would even have made it to this game, let alone be allowed to stay after it- and that's the fucking disgraceful thing; he will be allowed to stay. Through incompetence at board level and, dare I say it, incompetence in the stands. Our support has been ground down, become apathetic. We won't revolt.

Derby or not- they are the worst team in the league by a mile. Worse than Palace. Worse than anyone else. We should be turning these sloggers over no problem. But we suffer under a coach who's state of paranoia and incompetence is on a different level to anything else I have seen.

I don't want to talk to anyone, I don't want to watch other football to take my mind off it. I am fucking disgusted at what this club has become. Today, like the last game, will take a long time to get over. It is repulsive that we have been reduced to getting beaten twice in a row off sunderland. I actually cannot accept it. I hate football and I thoroughly, thoroughly hate what our club has become. Fuck off.

I Didn't watch the game.

I didn't listen to it.

...and I don't really feel like I give a s***.

You'll find a few feel the same way, it's not fair weather. Essentially Ashley has beaten the life out of watching NUFC and taken any pride/enjoyment out of watching us

Aye, beaten the life out of it.

While his methods of cost cutting work well with shops.

Theres not two types of shopping. no better shopping to get up the league. People either like shopping or not. ( i hate it  but thats another story).  And if they like it they will maybe like it more if the product is cheaper.

This simply doesnt work with football, theres a desire to be entertained by the viewing public. How long can this be ignored?

It'll be ignored until enough people stop going.

They were crap, we were s***. God help us next two games. Wouldn't surprise me if we won one of them. Just f*** ufck f***.

We are miles behind City and Chelsea and are on a massive downer. Can only see two comprehensive defeats.

And as for the tactical setup today.....it stank of incompetence.

The way Pardew sets us up, his lack of knowledge and a philosophy completely contradicts a false 9 4-3-3. For this to work we must have powerful forward runners in behind (Gouffran, Sissoko, Remy) to stretch their back 4 and increase chances of penetration. But we didn't have that, it was completely static. We struggle to penetrate teams enough as it is, so when we have our striker and arguably most talented player dropping as deep as the centre circle with the ball and no forward support, it makes no sense. If Hatem drops off in between the lines, our wingers should be pinning their full backs deep, potentially pealing off in behind or, if one of their CB's decides to vacate his position, a bursting forward run from Cabaye or Sissoko can penetrate that space created. But as usual, the play was all in front of them, leaving their slow, laboured back line with a very easy job.

Then he completely contradicts himself after spouting all that bollocks about 'being attacking' and 'controlling the game' beforehand. Rubbish. With a 3v2 in central midfield we should have bossed them. We should have played high up the pitch with a staggered midfield 3- Tiote sitting in front of the (vulnerable) CB's, Cabaye in front as our play maker and Sissoko ahead looking to support and get beyond our CF/F9. But nothing. We should have eaten Cattermole alive today. But that's it, every single fucking week 'we should', 'we should have', 'why don't we'. Fucking bollocks.

Why the fuck would you change to a 4-4-2 consisting of Shola and Remy? Why Shola? Go direct against two giant CB's and waste the talents of Ben Arfa and Cabaye. Only this mong would do that. Sissoko was poor today, so why not switch to 4-2-3-1, bring Anita on alongside Tiote to help increase possession and further control the game, sit in front of the defence, let Santon and Debuchy bomb forward, push Cabaye up further forward to dictate and create, and have inside forwards creating space for overlaps and cutting inside with Remy or Ben Arfa up front looking to run in behind off a pass from Cabaye. So, so, so, so fucking desperate and unimaginative its un-fucking-believable man. We have a woeful 'plan' 'A', and no plan 'B' to switch to. It's embarrassing.

Just fuck off.