Team for Reading (h) Wed 6th December

Guest nufc_geordie

according to BBC.co.uk, Glen's lesser know brother, John Roeder has taken over...

Newcastle manager John Roeder:

"None of us at the club have ever been involved in an injury-hit squad as bad as this.

"Honestly, most managers when they talk about bare bones, they are talking about being down to the last 16.

"I have not said anything yet and we are basically down to 10 senior players. The team picks itself for the match against Reading."

Given

Solano                Huntigton                  Taylor              Babayaro

Milner                  Emre                            Butt                N'Zogbia

Sibierski                        Martins

With all the injuries there's not alot else we can put out, I think it's time for Huntigton's debut becasue he's good enough.

GK Given

RB Solano

LB Baba

CB Ramage

CB Taylor

RM Milner

CM Butt

CM Emre

LM Zoggy

ACM Sibs

CF Martins

The only changes I can see from that is Carr replacing Nobby and Nobby replacing Milner. I hope that is not the case we look far more steady with Nobby as RB than Carr. Baba is not ideal as LB but he is a better LB than Ramage. I look forward to seeing Ramage having a few games at CB. I think we will see a marked improvement from him there rather than LB. I hope Milner is not replaced he is playing well at the moment, I think a goal from him will see he move on even more. The lad is a good honest worker with a few tricks and a bit of end product if he can bring consistency to his game we have a canny player there.

i think people are underestimating martin's impact on the team. he was out for  our run of games which saw us loose to sheffield and draw charlton.  Dyer definetly has a large impact on the team, but having a striker who knows where the goal is will help us a lot. and i think the link up play between him and sibi could be great.

i think people are underestimating martin's impact on the team. he was out for  our run of games which saw us loose to sheffield and draw charlton.  Dyer definetly has a large impact on the team, but having a striker who knows where the goal is will help us a lot. and i think the link up play between him and sibi could be great.

agree.

Go yo youtube and search for obafemi martins and check out the first video. look at the goal he scores around 1.17 into the video. cracking :D

Guest Darth Toon

i think people are underestimating martin's impact on the team. he was out for our run of games which saw us loose to sheffield and draw charlton. Dyer definetly has a large impact on the team, but having a striker who knows where the goal is will help us a lot. and i think the link up play between him and sibi could be great.

That's a good point - the dire performances against Sheff Utd & Charlton were when both Dyer and Martins were missing and we had a clinical forward line of Duff and Rossi....

I also think it's key that the central midfield pairing is Butt & Emre, allowing Emre to play higher up, and hopefully be able to link up with Martins.

We'll definitely miss Dyer, but I don't think it's a total disaster.

Newcastle United (from): Given, Srnicek, Carr, Solano, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Babayaro, Butt, Emre, N’Zogbia, Milner, Pattison, Troisi, Gate, Edgar, Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Rossi, Carroll.

Squad announced: no Parker or Dyer

:( No Dyer=No 3 pts

I'm afraid you're right..

yeah, cos he contributes so much.  bluelaugh.gif

We don't have much choice really.

---------------Giv

Nob-----Tay-------Ram-----Bab

Mil-------But-------Emr-----Zog

-----------Mar-----Sib

the only way to go - bring on rossi if we not doing well.

the only thing i fear is roeder bringing back carr - which imo would be the most stupid thing he could do.

if zoggy, emre, milner and martins are up for it we can nick it - else i fear the worst...

---------------Giv

-----------Mar-----Sib

the only thing i fear is roeder bringing back carr - which imo would be the most stupid thing he could do.

if zoggy, emre, milner and martins are up for it we can nick it - else i fear the worst...

Other than playing Shambles as soon as he is fit......not getting a left back.........not buying good enough central defenders......not getting rid of Carr in summer.....buying players we don't need at the expense of positions we do.......

---------------Giv

-----------Mar-----Sib

Other than playing Shambles as soon as he is fit......not getting a left back.........not buying good enough central defenders......not getting rid of Carr in summer.....buying players we don't need at the expense of positions we do.......

i stand corrected  :lol:

i will change my comment to "the most stupid thing he could do right now"

Newcastle United (from): Given, Srnicek, Carr, Solano, Taylor, Ramage, Huntington, Babayaro, Butt, Emre, N’Zogbia, Milner, Pattison, Troisi, Gate, Edgar, Martins, Sibierski, Luque, Rossi, Carroll.

Do you think, based on what you've seen from Dyer this season, we'd do better or worse with him in the team tonight?

Do you think, based on what you've seen from Dyer this season, we'd do better or worse with him in the team tonight?

I don't think he makes much of a difference to the result we get, tbh.

I don't think he makes much of a difference to the result we get, tbh.

Really? That's mad. Have you not seen the difference in Newcastles performances with Dyer?

Bank on Baba

"Since I took over in February Celestine Babayaro's performances have been very good.

"In fact, I would go as far as to say that he has probably been our most consistent player in this time.

"But one of our problems is getting him to play two games in a row, and it is now vital to us that he stays fit.

"He went with us to Germany last week, and while he was not ready to play against Eintracht Frankfurt in the UEFA Cup, he has trained well since then."

Rest of article here

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=bank-on-baba-for-big-clash%26method=full%26objectid=18218831%26siteid=50081-name_page.html