Newcastle United 2 - 1 Norwich City - 23/11/13 - Post-match reaction from p31

Mike

pissed off watching the second goal, shola throughout his career has done the bit in the middle often enough but has left us screaming "get forward man" but as the ball has came in he's been 30yds out ambling forwards, he drives forward and see what he does.

limited player but his own lack of drive has held him back.

Those highlights were exceedingly harsh on Norwich in the second half. There were at least two gilt-edged moments they could have shown.

Which were they? Don't remember too much of note aside from the offside at the end and constant bottling of shooting.

Those highlights were exceedingly harsh on Norwich in the second half. There were at least two gilt-edged moments they could have shown.

Which were they? Don't remember too much of note aside from the offside at the end and constant bottling of shooting.

Wasn't there one that came off Coloccini and drifted just wide, or was that in the lead up to their goal?

Wasn't there one that came off Coloccini and drifted just wide, or was that in the lead up to their goal?

If it's the same one I remember to me that wasn't a massive chance, just ricochet central and aye, they scored from the same bit of pressure.

Would have to see it back though. Definitely worth including anyway in MOTD.

I dunno, maybe it was just nerves in the ground but MOTD made it look very comfortable for us to see the game out and I don't think that's accurate.

True, it was one of them though where they had the play but goal and lead up to it aside Krul didn't make a save. We've seen plenty the other way against us in the highlights.

Some good football played in the first half and Ameobi had his best 45 mins in years...about time too.

Remy is saving our bacon this season, not only with his goals but with the unsettling effect he has on defences which means opposing teams cannot build up a sustained team attack as they are forced to keep a couple of defenders watching him.

Lucky to not concede twice in the first half, even though we were miles the better side and once again, the side showed it can only play for 45 mins with a poor second half. There is either a fitness problem or it is the tactics they have been told to adopt - both are Pardew's responsibility.

There is no doubt in my mind that one or more of the coaching staff have been given more responsibility for style of play this season, probably as a result of Pardew's ear-bashing from Ashley in the summer and as a result, the play is more easy on the eye - this is about as good as it will get under this manager/owner.

The game went exactly as I expected it to. Take a lead into half time and then defend like fuck. Was always confident we'd win but was just as sure it would be by the odd goal and be shitting ourselves in injury time. That's how we play, always have and always will.

Feels really good to be on a great run of results and nicely placed in the table. Would be even nicer to be able to win a game comfortably by a few goals but that will never happen whilst Pardew manages us, hasn't got the bottle to thump anyone.

:lol: Hadn't even seen many posts including this one before posting myself this evening.  It's really not very difficult to see what's going on.

I dunno, maybe it was just nerves in the ground but MOTD made it look very comfortable for us to see the game out and I don't think that's accurate.

Can hardly remember Krul making a save!! 5 mins went up and I was cheering my 3-1 bet, remy fg, they hardly looked liked scoring, was more us on counter!

Its 3 points in the bag, but after a decent first half performance I expected a better second half. I think if we sneaked a 3-0 lead, Pardew would have gone all out attack with HBA and Cisse. Its sad that he feels the need to sit on a lead against a genuine bottom 5 side.