Newcastle United 2 - 1 Norwich City - 23/11/13 - Post-match reaction from p31

Mike

This constantly sitting back when we are top is pissing me off.

When you are on top you don't invite them into your house and say please have some pizza, you stomp on their throat into there is no life left.

Got away with it today but this shit has to stop, but will it? like f*ck it will.

Christ.

Guest palnese

Missed big parts of the first half, were we better htan in the 2nd ? or were Norwich just dire once again?

We did okay in the first half, and were shocking in the 2nd half. They could easily have nicked a point.

Missed big parts of the first half, were we better htan in the 2nd ? or were Norwich just dire once again?

Bit of both.

We looked decent, passed it well without looking massively threatening for the most part.

Norwich looked toothless though.

2 years, 1 month and 22 days of me hopelessly saying "This is the one" for every corner we get, praying we'd finally score that goal and end the streak.

Guess who sat in a stream-less pub for the first 10 minutes?

:yao:

I'm such an unlucky bastard!

2 years, 1 month and 22 days of me hopelessly saying "This is the one" for every corner we get, praying we'd finally score that goal and end the streak.

Guess who sat in a stream-less pub for the first 10 minutes?

:yao:

It was a perfect conflation of the thread being locked and you not watching it then

Was worried it would be a Terry Connor Wolves style turnaround at the end like.

Chuffed with the 3 points though. Can't grumble at 3 on the bounce with a very good chance of making it 4 next week.

Shola's first half performance, man. Must have been dragged to a witch doctor in Africa.

Got away with that one.

Result shouldn't have even been in question with 15 minutes to play. Why we can't simply go out and try to score more goals to finish a team off, rather than just sit and hand the initiative/momentum to a poor team, I don't know. Scoring a third would have killed that game stone dead and we could have done whatever we liked - rest a few legs, give a young player a bit of pitch-time etc. But no, we're just content to sit, hold our shape, go negative as fuck and allow the opposition time and space to create problems. It's happened time and time again, sometimes we get away with it and sometimes we don't, we got away with it today. Drag 11 men back to defend a corner and still allow him a free header without any cunt on the post.

Fuck off man.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I think it's normal for a losing team to try to get back in the game in the second half. However if we took our chances we would've been really comfortable. I wasn't too happy at our defending which was sometimes too slack. It was predictable they would be dangerous from setpieces and they logically scored from one.

The game went exactly as I expected it to. Take a lead into half time and then defend like fuck. Was always confident we'd win but was just as sure it would be by the odd goal and be shitting ourselves in injury time. That's how we play, always have and always will.

Feels really good to be on a great run of results and nicely placed in the table. Would be even nicer to be able to win a game comfortably by a few goals but that will never happen whilst Pardew manages us, hasn't got the bottle to thump anyone.

Guest bimpy474

I thought MYM was class personally. Dealt with everything that came his way, a lot of interceptions

Aye he was very good, i think the only poor part was letting Redmond inside on his right foot to get a shot away. Krul bollocked him, didn't happen again.

Didn't think anyone had a poor game really, although as usual Tiote had me chewing my fist in frustration at times. He wouldn't make my first team personally.

Our mentality was summed up when Remy went clear on his own midway through the second half, was pushed wide and turned to look for support. Sissoko was lightly jogging up as if we'd just won a corner and everyone else was in our half.