Newcastle United 2 - 1 Norwich City - 23/11/13 - Post-match reaction from p31

Mike

Yet another 45 minute performance, decent 1st half & a wtf 2nd.

We should have been pushing on to get more goals and keep them pegged back, instead we dropped off & gave them enough chances that they could have won the game if their finishing hadn't been so poor.  I've no idea why we're so bloody negative in situations like today.

A good win and 3 points. Tiote immense and MOM. The second half, that is diabolical. Whose fault, either Pardew who tells the players to drop deep and defend, or the players who decide to do it themselves. We did nothing and didn't try to do anything until they scored (thanks Colo), and after that anything could have happened. (apart from Cisse staying offside)

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

We made it look harder than it was but I won't complain. Good 3 points. Won't bother looking at the league table or I'll wet myself

3 points is that what counts in games like that.

Good to see us climbing up the table really.

Yep, on the positive side we actually won because we keep scoring. Our mentality has been an issue for ages, atleast we won this game.

What's f***ed up is the Hull City and Sunderland matches could have been 4 or 2 points easily. Which would have put us in the top 2-5 place.

That Hull match man..2-1 up at half time and it was the same fucking attitude like today..at least the mackems defeat was coming back from a goal down..

This constantly sitting back when we are top is pissing me off.

When you are on top you don't invite them into your house and say please have some pizza, you stomp on their throat into there is no life left.

Got away with it today but this shit has to stop, but will it? like f*ck it will.

Welcome win of course. But sitting off teams when we could have completely finished them off is nail-bitingly irritating and completely fucking unnecessary. Its too much of a habit not to be coming from the touchline.

That said, great stuff from Shola today, and with Cabaye and Remy showing their usual class and Willo keeping up his excellent defending it does feel like we're moving forward at this point in time.

A good win and 3 points. Tiote immense and MOM. The second half, that is diabolical. Whose fault, either Pardew who tells the players to drop deep and defend, or the players who decide to do it themselves. We did nothing and didn't try to do anything until they scored (thanks Colo), and after that anything could have happened. (apart from Cisse staying offside)

I wouldn't blame Colo on that goal. Ball was moving away from the goal as was Fer. Nearly impossible to defend and a great header.

Krul - 5 Looked very unsure about balls lofted in, barely had a shot to stop

Mbwia - 6 Didn't do all that much and wasn't in his element, no huge cock up tho

Williamson - 6 Made some errors he hasn't recently, couldn't deal with arial threat as he should

Colo - 5 Looked rusty, some good tackles but we didn't defend the lofted balls in (needed debuchy to do this)

Santon - 7 Thought had a good game, lots of carrying ball through, some good tackles

Tiote - 8 Good defensive work, good passing, just awful shooting

Cabaye - 5 Decent first half when we controlled the game, but clearly knackered, shouldn't be really, plenty of arsenal players play on tuesday night then saturday fine.

Sissoko - 7 Pity about his finishing, but an important cross caused a goal, had menace running forward relieving pressure

Gouffran - 7 Standard Gouf performance, ran his socks off, constant menace, got a goal

Shola - 7 Didn't know he still had it in him, excellent first half, tired too quickly tho

Remy - 8 Constant menace, running at their defense whole game

(Anita - 6 Looked good when he came on, but some blame I guess for inviting too much pressure in second half)

(Cisse - 4 Needed to stay onside (might have been tho) for his one chance, made the odd pass, pretty anonymous

(Ben Arfa - 6 Not on long enough to do much, looked sharp)

It's reached a point now where I really hope he stops bringing on Cisse. He's been atrocious every single time.

Apart from the fact he had yet another legitimate goal chalked off, 3-1 at that point we'd have been comfortable.