NUFC announce new training ground plans

BeloEmre

1.5 years?  to knock down a building that's already built, on land they own, and replace with a different building

aye no bother, 1.5 years

Fairly reasonable actually.

Planning permission can take up to 3 months, and thats without it being rejected at the application stage.

Then we have the tender for the construction contract.

Lastly you have demolition of existing facilities and build time.

Fairly sure those renderings are from The Sims :lol:

Good move by the club, something to do with is missing out on that top rating thing a few months back?

possibly and probably just thought we could do both the training ground proper and academy stuff at the same time to save costs and hey it increases the value of the club too.

1.5 years?  to knock down a building that's already built, on land they own, and replace with a different building

aye no bother, 1.5 years

Fairly reasonable actually.

Planning permission can take up to 3 months, and thats without it being rejected at the application stage.

Then we have the tender for the construction contract.

Lastly you have demolition of existing facilities and build time.

I'm involved in massive construction jobs all the time man. 18 months is a piss take, tendering the job out takes as long as the client want it to. May 2014 I get, May 2015 nah.

I'm involved in planning permissions and seen much smaller projects take much much longer.

Aren't you abroad anyway mojo?

i am now, haven't always been

just seems so outlandishly far off to me to be starting it...i could understand if it was a new project totally out of fresh air

anyway sure the club does everything on the money, as always :lol:

Some more images of the new training facility for anyone interested.

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/newcastleunited/article/91265/newcastle-united-to-build-super-training-complex-to-attract

http://online.l.staticlocal.com/lcms/images/2013/11/30/91242/default/600/350/1385826103.jpg

Is that an entrance or a fireplace?

Don't go in lads, the cake was a lie!

Its the reason for the lengthy delay as we're waiting until Beetlejuice 2 is finished filming before nicking the fireplace off the set.

We still need somewhere to train whilst it's being built too.  The players won't just turn up at Benton one morning to find a bunch of hairy arsed builders going at the dressing room with sledgehammers.  Presumably part of the delay is in arranging adequate facilities for us to use whilst Benton is out of commission.

We still need somewhere to train whilst it's being built too.  The players won't just turn up at Benton one morning to find a bunch of hairy arsed builders going at the dressing room with sledgehammers.  Presumably part of the delay is in arranging adequate facilities for us to use whilst Benton is out of commission.

obviously there are a lot of factors involved but 18 months just to get started?  can't accept that like, planning permission etc. would already exist for the existing building so it'd just be an amendment which you'd have to imagine could be achievable in a few months

finding new training facilities an inconvenience yes, but an 18 month odyssey to find a new location?  nah

bear in mind that a lot of construction projects slip on their targets for a variety of reasons, that's why you go with an aggressive timeline and try to meet it, you don't start with a timeline miles away and have a slow and easy approach otherwise if something slips you're even further behind :lol:

they'll be doing it the cheapest way imaginable, tendering out the designs to fucking nepal for tuppence and sending uncal joe in to do the planning applications

It's not a normal company though, it's a football club.  We can't move during the season so if they wanted to start, say, next year then we'd need to find new training facilities, make sure they're ok for us and get them kitted out to our needs and specifications by June.

I've got no problem with them taking a bit of time to do it.  I'd rather they did it right and caused the minimum disruption to the squads than do it in a hurry and the players (including the academy and U21s etc etc) suffer for it.

Sorry for the scepticism but I'd much rather they just said we're building new facilities than

1. claiming it's to "attract elite players" (on loan? on expiring contracts?)

2. Put that fucking idiot's name on it. It says so much about how fucking stupid Ashley think we are.

It's not a normal company though, it's a football club.  We can't move during the season so if they wanted to start, say, next year then we'd need to find new training facilities, make sure they're ok for us and get them kitted out to our needs and specifications by June.

I've got no problem with them taking a bit of time to do it.  I'd rather they did it right and caused the minimum disruption to the squads than do it in a hurry and the players (including the academy and U21s etc etc) suffer for it.

i know i'm being arsey about it but if they'd announced intentions to expand part of the stadium facilities in 2015 i'd have thought aye right, seems fair enough lads have at it - but the training ground expansion?

what you're saying above is that they can't find a training facility in 7 months, i don't buy it

i'm sure i'm wrong, perfectly willing to accept that, i just don't trust the cunts especially when fucking kinnear is mouthing it

is that sholas bike outside?

That's what I thought as soon as saw it and thought of him picking apples from an apple tree (They grow on trees right?) grown in the gardens of this fantastic establishment and then riding round the grounds shouting abuse at our foreign players

• 2 months later...