Swansea City Vs Newcastle United - Wednesday 4th December @ 7:45pm (live on BT)

Fenham Mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think he'll go with Cisse over Shola

Same here.

I hope you're right, but why?

I think Pardew thinks there's still a potent goal scorer in there somewhere ( same as me) and he was reluctant to drop Cisse in the first place. You could bring Ben Arfa in but that would mean moving Gouffran in from the left and I don't think the manager will want to disrupt the team ethic by doing that.

HBA can play the false number 9 again, with Remy and Gouffran either side. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that against a side like Swansea.

It didn't really work though did it? Plus you lose even more aerial strength, something which has been key to our good results in the last few weeks. Cisse might not be great in the air, but he at least will challenge for them. Otherwise you are reduced to wasting Remy by turning him into a target man when he's far better playing off one.

Same here.

I think Pardew thinks there's still a potent goal scorer in there somewhere ( same as me) and he was reluctant to drop Cisse in the first place. You could bring Ben Arfa in but that would mean moving Gouffran in from the left and I don't think the manager will want to disrupt the team ethic by doing that.

HBA can play the false number 9 again, with Remy and Gouffran either side. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that against a side like Swansea.

It didn't really work though did it? Plus you lose even more aerial strength, something which has been key to our good results in the last few weeks. Cisse might not be great in the air, but he at least will challenge for them. Otherwise you are reduced to wasting Remy by turning him into a target man when he's far better playing off one.

We're not hoofing it as much these days though. HBA can hold the ball up and if he has Remy and Gouffran's movement for company, we can do some damage. We tried it in a derby. Just because it didn't work then doesn;t mean it won't work ever. The key is for Ben Arfa to release the ball a lot quicker.

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/4431/68er.png

"I'm confident I will have him back for the two home games against Newcastle and Hull."

Michu's likely to play a part on Wednesday then.

Same here.

We're not hoofing it as much these days though. HBA can hold the ball up and if he has Remy and Gouffran's movement for company, we can do some damage. We tried it in a derby. Just because it didn't work then doesn;t mean it won't work ever. The key is for Ben Arfa to release the ball a lot quicker.

We're not hoofing it in general play, but when Krul has the ball he does like the option of kicking the ball long. There are still a lot of occasions where you'll see our CF battling for the high ball so we'll be losing a lot of those if we don't have a CF of some description on the pitch.

Britton is by far their biggest miss. He's the unglamorous glue that links it all together.

Where's groo btw? Be interesting to hear his input.

Give over, nothing too them, just like the muppet they sold to Liverpool. Such average players that get praise because they don't lose the ball but they only play 5/10 yard side passes. Along with that they hardly get a foot in, don't score goals, don't have much pace and aren't strong. In a Swansea type style of play they just look neat and tidy. Michu is a far bigger miss!

"I have had a few knocks on my door this morning from players who want to play. Steven Taylor, Hatem Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Vurnon Anita, Jonas Gutierrez are all not playing at the moment, and they are desperate to play."

I can imagine them all sitting outside the door waiting to have their turn to knock on it.

"I have had a few knocks on my door this morning from players who want to play. Steven Taylor, Hatem Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Vurnon Anita, Jonas Gutierrez are all not playing at the moment, and they are desperate to play."

I can imagine them all sitting outside the door waiting to have their turn to knock on it.

They will get more opportunities to play with games coming thick and fast over the Winter. Cant imagine Shola starting two games in 5 days, so Ben arfa will get a start imo.

No Marveaux? He's probably already gone.. Too bad.

No Marveaux? He's probably already gone.. Too bad.

Knocked on the door and injured himself

Hope Steven Taylor got shown the exit door to knock on!

Britton is by far their biggest miss. He's the unglamorous glue that links it all together.

Give over, nothing too them, just like the muppet they sold to Liverpool. Such average players that get praise because they don't lose the ball but they only play 5/10 yard side passes. Along with that they hardly get a foot in, don't score goals, don't have much pace and aren't strong. In a Swansea type style of play they just look neat and tidy. Michu is a far bigger miss!

:lol: Not losing the ball and playing 5/10 yard passes is hardly something to shit on..... they can keep the pressure on the opposition and create space and angles for others, do not underestimate how effective it can be because he's not typical blood and thunder don't mean they are shit and nothing to worry about.

FWIW I read yesterday that they still dominated possession and the passing stats against City despite losing. Not sure they're as naff this season as some are making out.

Lose 2-1.

Swansea do that most games, means naff all really. Watched them quite a lot this season and they pass it around nicely enough but don't actually do much creating with the possession so it's all a bit pointless. If we stay organised and break effectively, these are there for the taking.

:lol: Not losing the ball and playing 5/10 yard passes is hardly something to s*** on..... they can keep the pressure on the opposition and create space and angles for others, do not underestimate how effective it can be because he's not typical blood and thunder don't mean they are s*** and nothing to worry about.

It's all well and good if you do that and have the end product to match it up with. This season I don't think they've looked as good. I think we should go there fancying our chances of at least a draw. They'll have the possession stats in the bag no doubt but that doesn't win you games like we proved when Cabaye and Cisse sliced them open, same again please!

FWIW I read yesterday that they still dominated possession and the passing stats against City despite losing. Not sure they're as naff this season as some are making out.

Lose 2-1.

Swansea do that most games, means naff all really. Watched them quite a lot this season and they pass it around nicely enough but don't actually do much creating with the possession so it's all a bit pointless. If we stay organised and break effectively, these are there for the taking.

Aye, possession is hardly a good platform to build on like. Silly decision by Laudrup.

Maybe Swansea should consider adopting a Pards like approach that consistently get's his players preforming as more than the sum of their parts?