Swansea City Vs Newcastle United - Wednesday 4th December @ 7:45pm (live on BT)

Fenham Mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems to be a bit of noise this morning that Jonas us due back in action with the U21 squad today, Pards feeling the pressure from those not playing I think. I get some may need a rest but don't fk with a winning side but if Jonas is fit you watch him come straight back in.

Shields Gazette

Pardew reassures out in the cold Newcastle stars they will get their ...

ChronicleLive-28 minutes agoShare

Alan Pardew has assured the Newcastle United stars currently on the sidelines that they will come out of the cold soon. The Magpies boss also explained why ...

+Show more

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/pardew-reassures-out-cold-newcastle-6360187

Jonas Gutierrez and Paul Dummett in line for reserve team run out

ChronicleLive-18 minutes agoShare

Newcastle United's Jonas Gutierrez. Newcastle United are set to name a strong side for today's reserve team clash with Chelsea at St James' Park (1pm).

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jonas-gutierrez-paul-dummett-line-6360574

If Bony and Michu are out I'll be really disappointed if we don't win this one. They looked absolutely toothless against Valencia.

Yep, and that was with Bony in the side. Didn't see their game yesterday so not sure how they performed. Laudrup seemed to be praising them highly after yesterday's game but i'd take that with a pinch of salt as i've never seen him unhappy with his team. I'd still be happy to take a draw but a win is by no means out of the equation against these, especially when their fans have been getting on their backs of late at home.

Are Michu and Bony injured like?

Sure Bony played against Valencia the other night.

Did him hamstring and came off.

Michu has been injured for a little while and was due back for this game, but that seems to have gone quiet.

Are Michu and Bony injured like?

Sure Bony played against Valencia the other night.

Went off with a hamstring strain. The way he hobbled off it looked like a typical 6-weeker, although I've not read any quotes from Laudrup about it.

Britton and Rangel are both integral parts of that team, too. I like both of them.

I'll be really disappointed if we don't come away with three points if all four of those players are out. I don't know much about Vasquez but Pozuelo blows hot and cold; looks quite tricky on some occasions and a complete donkey on others. Same can be said for the likes of Shelvey and Dyer, particularly the latter, who's about as meh as it gets.

I've probably watched more of Swansea than any other team (besides us) this season. I've gone from thinking they looked a really decent side to a really ordinary one.

Think he'll go with Cisse over Shola

Same here.

I hope you're right, but why?

I think Pardew thinks there's still a potent goal scorer in there somewhere ( same as me) and he was reluctant to drop Cisse in the first place. You could bring Ben Arfa in but that would mean moving Gouffran in from the left and I don't think the manager will want to disrupt the team ethic by doing that.

Think he'll go with Cisse over Shola

Same here.

I hope you're right, but why?

I think Pardew thinks there's still a potent goal scorer in there somewhere ( same as me) and he was reluctant to drop Cisse in the first place. You could bring Ben Arfa in but that would mean moving Gouffran in from the left and I don't think the manager will want to disrupt the team ethic by doing that.

HBA can play the false number 9 again, with Remy and Gouffran either side. I actually wouldn't mind seeing that against a side like Swansea.