Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not a Hughton hater, but anyone should have won the Championship with the team we had at the time. Compared to rivals, it's much better than what Pardew has now.

It's certainly not better than what Pardew has now and whether that team should have won the championship or not, it did, he did and we did it in style towards the end. The team that was relegated also should have stayed up, but it didn't. It's not as simple as saying something should happen regardless of what does or doesn't happen.

It's not like it's one game and you can say that the result proves a point definitively. He proved it game after game, week after week and not only restored a lot of faith in our team, but he also got a lot of us just enjoying football and enjoying winning again.

The season that we came up, we were a mid-table team that would win some and lose some, but there was at least some batterings that we handed out along the way and a lot of enjoyment to get from our football. He goes down as a very important person in our history for me and regardless of what you think his worth as anything is, his actual, tangeable contribution both on the field and off it was tremendously important to me.

Me too. Seems easily forgotten what a shambles the whole club was in when we went down too, to downplay his achievement always sticks in my throat, he did a fucking excellent job.

You think that the squad that Hughton came up with is better than the one that we have now? (As a Premier League team)

No, I mean relative to their opponents. Hughton's team was stronger compared to the rest of the Championship than Pardew's current team is compared to the rest of the PL.

:lol: Fucking Christ Almighty.

What's up mate?

You're stating the obvious to the extent it's pointless even posting it.  If it were anything else, people would be saying Pardew should be challenging for the title.

You think that the squad that Hughton came up with is better than the one that we have now? (As a Premier League team)

No, I mean relative to their opponents. Hughton's team was stronger compared to the rest of the Championship than Pardew's current team is compared to the rest of the PL.

What's up mate?

You're stating the obvious to the extent it's pointless even posting it.  If it were anything else, people would be saying Pardew should be challenging for the title.

Have you just popped up to have a go for no reason? It followed on from a discussion about how Hughton should have been expected to do very well with the squad he had. Then I was asked to explain, so I explained.

You really need to give up on the idea that every post I make has some sort of agenda to praise Pardew.

What's up mate?

Have you just popped up to have a go for no reason? It followed on from a discussion about how Hughton should have been expected to do very well with the squad he had. Then I was asked to explain, so I explained.

You really need to give up on the idea that every post I make has some sort of agenda to praise Pardew.

was gonna say like, someone asked you what you meant :lol:  seemed a harsh chelp tbh

Again though, Hughton got Birmingham into the play offs in his next role so his title win with us can hardly been seen as a fluke, and Norwich to 11th in the Premier League in his next. He's never under achieved once as a manager, it's a bit harsh automatically assuming he's worse than Pardew.

What's up mate?

Nah.

:lol: f***ing Christ Almighty.

What's up mate?

:thup:

Guest firetotheworks

What's up mate?

If the reply to this from Ian W was another thumbs up I may have imploded with laughter and done something as sad as put it in my sig. But it didn't happen, even though it did...in his head.

What's up mate?

If the reply to this from Ian W was another thumbs up I may have imploded with laughter and done something as sad as put it in my sig. But it didn't happen, even though it did...in his head.

"I think this current squad is stronger than the one that finished fifth two years ago."

http://i.imgur.com/NqFZJwi.jpg

He's right like, it is.  Far more strength in depth and more quality all over the pitch.

Reasonable to expect a push for Europe from here then? :shifty:

Cardiff are going to try and recruit him in my opinion.

Hmm, so Alan you work for a nutjob at moment and seem to enjoy that, how about taking it 10 steps further and working for a complete loon, just don't mention transfers at all, bit of a sore subject.

Hmm, so Alan you work for a nutjob at moment and seem to enjoy that, how about taking it 10 steps further and working for a complete loon, just don't mention transfers at all, bit of a sore subject.

I take it you haven't experienced James before. :lol:

I take it you haven't experienced James before. :lol:

I assumed it was taking the piss anyway - just thinking what that convo would be like :)

Pardew scoring the winner for palace, mental match, you see him at the beginning of the video too

http://www.thefa.com/TheFACup/News/2013/Apr/classic-semi-final-crystal-palace-liverpool-fatv-090413.aspx

Remember watching that match.  Excellent entertainment plus the added bonus of seeing the Dipper sense of injustice that they are famous for. A fantastic Sunday lunchtime.