Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nobody is suggesting it now you've been proved incorrect. Over the summer Pardew was hammered for it despite a few on here being adamant we were changing our ways and it wasn't a case of Pardew only knowing hoof ball.

:lol: you're doing that annoying thing again Brett where you tell people what their opinions are/were despite it being entirely false.

I always find it funny how the Pardew defenders never discuss his actual tactics  :lol:

Or when the haters accept it was their tactics he won with :lol:

Relying on individual brilliance is some tactic brett.

Nice deflection though.

Here's the attacking midfielders, wingers, and strikers available to Pardew:

Remy, Cisse, BenArfa, Gouffran, Ameobi, Ameobi, Obertan, Jonas, Marveaux, Sissoko

Here's the forward players at the 2 clubs closest to us in the league:

Rooney, VanPersie, Hernandez, Welbeck, Valencia, Nani, Fellaini, Zaha, Young, Kagawa, Janujaz

Adebayor, Soldado, Defoe, Eriksen, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Holtby

Spurs and Man United have probably spent in the region of £80m+ assembling those players, and most of them are paid a fortune.

We have put our attacking unit together for about £25m, and have spent in the region of £20m on strikers since Ashley arrived at the club.

Pardew deserves immense credit for getting us close to these 2 sides in the league. He also deserves praise for implementing a style of football that has generally been enjoyable to watch this season. The ball is usually on the deck - we look a bit limited in the final third - but what on earth would anyone expect.

He led a mid table side to 5th in the league ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea, and he has also guided a strikerforce of Ranger, Lovenkrands, Kuqi, Ameobi, and Best to a comfortable mid table finish.

He's done a fantastic job for us on the whole, and doesnt get anywhere near enough credit for it on here, although thankfully the attitude on here is very different to the attitude to our manager in the stadium, where he has his name sung in the majority of home matches, and deservedly so.

Is this not a little bit of a fallacious argument?  We might have spent relatively little (which perhaps says more about Ashley's reluctance to spend), but surely they are worth more than we paid.  The reverse might be said of some of Man. Utd and Tottenham's purchases.

The frustration comes from seeing some players, who the majority would agree are very talented (regardless of the money paid for them), either playing poorly or struggling to play well together.

I don't think we do play poorly on the whole. We have 33 points already.

We have good players in defence and midfield and as a result we play quite well until the final third, where we only have 2 talented players (Ben Arfa and Remy), and the rest are average to poor. I like Gouffran, but only really see him as a grafter, and I think Sissoko will be a good player for us, but not in the last third. The rest of the attacking players we have are barely Premier League standard.

I always find it funny how the Pardew defenders never discuss his actual tactics  :lol:

Does anyone need to be reminded of the way he has completely outmanoevered Moyes, Hiddink, and Mourinho in the last few months?

Nice deflection though.

He's had some brilliant tactics this season, he's had some shit ones, all part and parcel of being a football manager. End of the day his good or bad tactics have us in a solid league position with a nice points total 6 points off a champions league spot after the half way stage. Can go into detail and say he's beat the good teams then lost against the poor and all that but it doesn't matter who you pick points off as long as you pick them up.

Suarez has scored majority of his goals against the bottom half sides, does it matter he hasn't scored agaisnt the big ones? No because he's still picked up an impressive amount of goals. So if we have an impressive points tally off the top and not the bottom, as long as the overall points tally is impressive that's the main thing.

Nobody is suggesting it now you've been proved incorrect. Over the summer Pardew was hammered for it despite a few on here being adamant we were changing our ways and it wasn't a case of Pardew only knowing hoof ball.

:lol: you're doing that annoying thing again Brett where you tell people what their opinions are/were despite it being entirely false.

I meant the general feeling over the summer after that dire season. I'd go back and find examples but you get wrong for that apparently. It's good people have finally found the vision that we don't just play hoof ball and have seen the signs of the prgression now and changed their opinion but that wasn't always the case.

He seems to be a manager with no real long term plan, which is why I believe he can get the odd good result, such as Chelsea this season, because he takes games in isolation and looks to nullify an opposition first and foremost.

Relying on the players to carry him to victory has been a staple of his time here, asking his team to take the game to the opposition is where he gets found out all the time. Makes me sick because we really could be a good side.

This is why I don't rate him, because he can't make us a cohesive attacking force because he doesn't have the bottle for it, or maybe the tactical nous. Either way he's a fraud who seems to believe himself to be some sort of managerial genius. Unfortunately if he goes I don't believe we'll get anyone much better.

Great times!

Does anyone need to be reminded of the way he has completely outmanoevered Moyes, Hiddink, and Mourinho in the last few months?

Jesus.

How many times has Poyet outwitted him these years? :lol:

Nice deflection though.

He's had some brilliant tactics this season, he's had some s*** ones, all part and parcel of being a football manager. End of the day his good or bad tactics have us in a solid league position with a nice points total 6 points off a champions league spot after the half way stage. Can go into detail and say he's beat the good teams then lost against the poor and all that but it doesn't matter who you pick points off as long as you pick them up.

Suarez has scored majority of his goals against the bottom half sides, does it matter he hasn't scored agaisnt the big ones? No because he's still picked up an impressive amount of goals. So if we have an impressive points tally off the top and not the bottom, as long as the overall points tally is impressive that's the main thing.

We play dour boring football with the most generic tactics possible.

If we are playing a bigger side than us we'll sit back for 70 mins and keep it tight and try nick it with a bit of magic later.

Against smaller times we stumble into a lead and then chuck it away.

Pardews record of only winning from behind once speaks for itself really.

My point being when do we ever go out and actually give a team a beating really go for them by the throat and try to out play them.

My point being when do we ever go out and actually give a team a beating really go for them by the throat and try to out play them.

Few weeks ago against Palace. Not many teams have managed to do that to them but we did.

Nice deflection though.

He's had some brilliant tactics this season, he's had some s*** ones, all part and parcel of being a football manager. End of the day his good or bad tactics have us in a solid league position with a nice points total 6 points off a champions league spot after the half way stage. Can go into detail and say he's beat the good teams then lost against the poor and all that but it doesn't matter who you pick points off as long as you pick them up.

Few weeks ago against Palace. Not many teams have managed to do that to them but we did.

I remember you shitting yourself thinking we'd be lucky to get a draw before that game :lol:

Nice deflection though.

I remember you shitting yourself thinking we'd be lucky to get a draw before that game :lol:

Was never shitting myself, just didn't think the players would go out there and make it that easy and it would be a tough game. We were different class though.

They went to the Etihad the following week and lost 1-0. Puts into context just how good we were that day.

Jesus.

How many times has Poyet outwitted him these years? :lol:

Poyet "completely outmaneuvered" Manuel Pellegrini the other week too, and Jose. So he can add that to his coveted Pardew scalp.

Bloke must be a fucking wizard.

Palace ffs. Big deal one of the worst sides in the league.

An own goal and a penalty, aye proper leathered them. :lol:

See just brushed off because it's only Palace :lol: Even though no other team has done that to them, it's still only Palace. So that's one of the smaller clubs he's beat and he can't win, then he beats Chelsea and still doesn't win the praise. Opposite ends of the scale, same result for him.

See just brushed off because it's only Palace :lol: Even though no other team has done that to them, it's still only Palace. So that's one of the smaller clubs he's beat and he can't win, then he beats Chelsea and still doesn't win the praise. Opposite ends of the scale, same result for him.

Fulham battered them by 3 goals on their home turf too, Brett. So you're lying again.

Not at all.

As I've said countless times that's what I expect us to do against newly promoted sides, I expect us to try and boss the game and create chances against them because we are better than them.

Pardew rightfully got credit from everyone when we beat Chelsea and Man U.