Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Interview up on Sky Sports. Bottom of page...ignore the rest of the page, depressing.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/teams/newcastleunited

'Need to go back to basics' :lol:

Fuck off Alan.

What does that even mean? Back to trying not to get beat - have we ever done anything else?

It's a ready made excuse to be negative again. To pack 2 banks of 4 into our own half so as not to concede.

Just fuck off.

Thought he was honest and demure. Beaten man look about him...

He didn't look beaten at all. He looked like someone who knew we played bad, but thought it was not his fault and that any flak coming his way would be out of order. The guy looks totally secure in his job, which he shouldn't be of course.

Thought he was honest and demure. Beaten man look about him...

Beaten man. :lol: It doesn't matter what he does, he'll keep his job.  Slag the fans off, lose 3 derbies in a row, depart all cups at the first hurdle - doesn't matter.  He still comes across smug as fuck and it's easy to see why, he doesn't have the same work pressure as other managers, or the likes of me or you for that matter.

Bang on. He's bulletproof. The derby is just another game to him and Ashley and, for as long as he's keeping us above relegation and below the Europa, then he's doing just fine.

The humpings at the end of last season proved that.

Fucking pair of arseholes.

Interview up on Sky Sports. Bottom of page...ignore the rest of the page, depressing.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/teams/newcastleunited

'Need to go back to basics' :lol:

f*** off Alan.

What does that even mean? Back to trying not to get beat - have we ever done anything else?

It's a ready made excuse to be negative again. To pack 2 banks of 4 into our own half so as not to concede.

Just f*** off.

It means one of two things, he was struggling to find something to say or hoof.

The mackems started singing  "sacked in the morning" and loads of our fans joined in.

That's the last thing they should be hoping for and the least likely thing that will happen. The fucker doesn't even have to finish top ten now that Ashley has given him a cast iron excuse in selling and not replacing cabs.

The mackems started singing  "sacked in the morning" and loads of our fans joined in.

That's the last thing they should be hoping for and the least likely thing that will happen. The f***er doesn't even have to finish top ten now that Ashley has given him a cast iron excuse in selling and not replacing cabs.

It was a sign that people are turning against him and was the only plus point from today so I'll take it.

His time has to be up now. The players don't look motivated in the games that matter and he clearly doesn't know how to use the talent at his disposal. His man management is awful as well, he's sucking the creativity out of Ben Arfa and freezes Marveaux out for months with no explanation why. We have no attacking game plan and look completely lost when we have the ball in the opponents final third. His substitutions are always wrong and always too late. The formation changes half way through the game every game because he clearly isn't confident playing a possession based game. I hate him, he's overtook fat sam and Souness as my all time most hated NUFC manager. Seen in his interview that he was blaming the fans for today, he can fuck right off it was his lack of game plan and poor motivation of his players that cost us the game. Would love to know what that fan was saying to him when he got on the pitch.

i think he is fed up and just waiting for the compensation

I really don't think he is, this is as good as it gets for him.  He has no professional integrity whatsoever, as afar says every interview is an exercise in scrambling for an excuse that doesn't touch on his own ineptitude, then once everyone's swallowed that up it's on to the next game with another shambles just around the corner.

The best way to get sacked is to make us successful.

Hehe, aye your probably right... if he got us to a 5th place finish again, there's no way Ashley would stand for him getting us into another Europa League Campaign.

Pardew could lead us to the CL, give us a cup win and he still won't win me over. I've had it, lose 1 derby, fair enough, lose 2 we are getting some problems here, lose 3, fuck off.

It's not just that though, he's so negative, apart from Tiote and I don't think we have 1 naturally defensive footballer at the club, they all like to play football, they all like to attack and he's coached it out of them.

I haven't really any issues with his team selection. It may have been worth starting Mbiwa for some more composure on the ball. You never like to see Shola starting, but having seen De Jong's contribution I think it was justifiable.

The problem today was with the mentality. He was in the programme today saying that the performance didn't matter, all that mattered was the result, and I heard him say the same in a radio newcastle interview on the way there. Shola said it would be a 'war'. I looked at our players geeing each other up and going into their huddle and fell into the trap of thinking we were going to put on a show today. In contrast the Sunderland players looked very relaxed.

The 45 minutes that followed were just totally lacking in any intelligence.

Numerous 50:50s that were contested involved our players overstepping the mark and conceeding a free kick.

There was no composure on the ball whatsoever, I dont think we strung more than 3 passes together in the first 20 minutes. Countless long balls were launched from Williamson to Shola. Any shots we managed were scattered in all directions.

They did nothing special. They were intelligent enough to knock it around at the back a bit to settle things down in the first 20 mins. When that happens you either press as a unit or back off as a unit. We did neither. We had players losing their discipline, hurtling out of position towards the ball - they knocked it into the spaces, and took advantage.

The first goal typified the mentality we were playing with. 2 players close down Johnson when only one was necessary. He nudges the ball into the space left and Anita cleans out the man, gifting them the 1st goal. I wouldnt decribe Anita as the most reckless player, but this typified the way we were playing. Santon is the most placid defender you will see, but he needlessly hacked someone down for a clear cut booking as well. We gifted them the 2nd after that as well and that was the end of the match.

I think Pardew settled them down a bit at half time, and we could have pulled one back if we had any quality up front. On the other hand they were just as likely to pick us off on the break as they did last time. It is one of their few strengths and it was no surprise to see them add a third after we'd thrown the towel in at around the 75th minute. The overweight looking Ben Arfa was well marshalled and their centre backs handled what little threat we posed comfortably. Aside from that they did nothing special.

I don't doubt that someone somewhere on this forum will have described the performance as 'gutless'. That wasn't the problem at all, the problem was the witless mentality instilled in the players by the manager today.

The same side (minus Remy) passed it around quite effectively against Norwich, none of that was visible today.

I really don't think he is, this is as good as it gets for him.  He has no professional integrity whatsoever, as afar says every interview is an exercise in scrambling for an excuse that doesn't touch on his own ineptitude, then once everyone's swallowed that up it's on to the next game with another shambles just around the corner.

I agree. Where else will he get a gig where he's manager of a big club and handed high quality players who will win matches regardless of the manager's input? He lost a few key players today and had no answers. If the managers had swapped dugouts I can guarantee there would have been no capitulation and there would have been a far better organised and committed performance.

He's got to be gone in the summer, if not before then. Really though.

He should have gone after last season's pathetic capitulation. Then he REALLY should have gone after the Liverpool game. Under a normal owner today would have been the straw which broke the camel's back. But, no, not with our owner.  :'(

I swear Pardew could play said camel up front-with its broken back-and still not be sacked.

Mind, the camel would be better than Shola at least.

He is pathetic and at Souness level of hatred for me now. I used to sympathize because I thought he was at least more likeable than Souness but just talentless. He cclearlh does not give a shit about the fans or the club.

I don't understand how there are fans onside, how the media still bums him. To be honest it grates me the thread title doesn't even show the hatred. There surely isn't anyone on here that wouldn't replace him tmrw. Now we are no talking about making the best of a bad situation or better the devil you know. There cannot be anyone that would not like a new manager. Let's face it with nothing left to at for its a great time.

I haven't really any issues with his team selection. It may have been worth starting Mbiwa for some more composure on the ball. You never like to see Shola starting, but having seen De Jong's contribution I think it was justifiable.

The problem today was with the mentality. He was in the programme today saying that the performance didn't matter, all that mattered was the result, and I heard him say the same in a radio newcastle interview on the way there. Shola said it would be a 'war'. I looked at our players geeing each other up and going into their huddle and fell into the trap of thinking we were going to put on a show today. In contrast the Sunderland players looked very relaxed.

The 45 minutes that followed were just totally lacking in any intelligence.

Numerous 50:50s that were contested involved our players overstepping the mark and conceeding a free kick.

There was no composure on the ball whatsoever, I dont think we strung more than 3 passes together in the first 20 minutes. Countless long balls were launched from Williamson to Shola. Any shots we managed were scattered in all directions.

They did nothing special. They were intelligent enough to knock it around at the back a bit to settle things down in the first 20 mins. When that happens you either press as a unit or back off as a unit. We did neither. We had players losing their discipline, hurtling out of position towards the ball - they knocked it into the spaces, and took advantage.

The first goal typified the mentality we were playing with. 2 players close down Johnson when only one was necessary. He nudges the ball into the space left and Anita cleans out the man, gifting them the 1st goal. I wouldnt decribe Anita as the most reckless player, but this typified the way we were playing. Santon is the most placid defender you will see, but he needlessly hacked someone down for a clear cut booking as well. We gifted them the 2nd after that as well and that was the end of the match.

I think Pardew settled them down a bit at half time, and we could have pulled one back if we had any quality up front. On the other hand they were just as likely to pick us off on the break as they did last time. It is one of their few strengths and it was no surprise to see them add a third after we'd thrown the towel in at around the 75th minute. The overweight looking Ben Arfa was well marshalled and their centre backs handled what little threat we posed comfortably. Aside from that they did nothing special.

I don't doubt that someone somewhere on this forum will have described the performance as 'gutless'. That wasn't the problem at all, the problem was the witless mentality instilled in the players by the manager today.

Quality post :thup: