Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Nothing wrong in that Mail article really, he's just saying they're still trying to win as many games as possible. Which everyone knows anyway I suppose.

well for a start just last week he said we were top of the league ian...now apparently we're aiming to bust out of the league we're already top of and take down the worst manyoo team in 25+ years, but i suppose we'd better be very, very careful 'cause if we do manage it and end up in 7th, or god forbid 6th, we could be in europe again and might as well just fast forward to the 2015-2016 season when we're in the championship

still at that point pardew will only have 3 years or so left on his contract, so it's not all bad

Clutching at straws a bit, but the article in yesterday's chronicle about bringing in another DOF suggests there will be a review at the end of the season, including Pardew's performance and to look at what direction the club are going in. Perhaps they'll get rid at the end of the season?

I actually agree with his choice of words all positioned in that order - finishing above ManU would be memorable enough and I'd be really disappointed if we didn't. I just don't particularly believe him or think there's any real chance of it happening. Meh.

Clutching at straws a bit, but the article in yesterday's chronicle about bringing in another DOF suggests there will be a review at the end of the season, including Pardew's performance and to look at what direction the club are going in. Perhaps they'll get rid at the end of the season?

Unless we have an absolutely disastrous end of the season I don't see how a performance review could be any better for Pardew.

We will have finished top half, went out of the cups early, were never likely to reach the CL spots with the lack of investment, missed the dreaded Europa league and the sale of Cabaye has been readily accepted. Pardew will have nailed every objective.

Every thread I go in about our players I come out wondering why the fuck they would want to stay here any longer. The list of players he's arguably fucking up is mental: Marv, HBA, Mapou, Santon, Anita, Cisse, Sissoko -  all of these are players I could imagine thinking they're rotting away under this clown.

On the plus side Gouffran has done better than expected under him I suppose, Debuchy has settled in but might have other options, and Remy we all know about.

I just can't escape the overwhelming feeling that he's holding this squad back to a horrible extent, alas it's unlikely we'll find out as they'll probably force a move before he gets the boot.

Every thread I go in about our players I come out wondering why the f*** they would want to stay here any longer. The list of players he's arguably f***ing up is mental: Marv, HBA, Mapou, Santon, Anita, Cisse, Sissoko -  all of these are players I could imagine thinking they're rotting away under this clown.

On the plus side Gouffran has done better than expected under him I suppose, Debuchy has settled in but might have other options, and Remy we all know about.

I just can't escape the overwhelming feeling that he's holding this squad back to a horrible extent, alas it's unlikely we'll find out as they'll probably force a move before he gets the boot.

Re: that first paragraph. It's an impressive casualty list.

If Pardew stays, the chief scout has to find pastures anew. Quite a disconnect between Pardoo's football philosophy (cautious, only believes in a passing game, if he has a quarterback)  the chief scout's eye for particular attributes.  Tough decision needs to be made this Summer. One needs to go.

IMHO Pardoo would have destroyed Aubameyang. Such a quick & refined player. Sharp as fuck off-the-ball,  and reads & always adjusts in accordance to where his midfielders flood forward. Under Pardoo he would have just been a fast striker, asked to battle  one-out for speculative diagonals. Too refined for Pardoo. Would have been soul destroying watching Pardoo recalibrate him. Very happy he went to Dortmund. I hate seeing genuine talent dismantled.

Nothing wrong in that Mail article really, he's just saying they're still trying to win as many games as possible. Which everyone knows anyway I suppose.

well for a start just last week he said we were top of the league ian...now apparently we're aiming to bust out of the league we're already top of and take down the worst manyoo team in 25+ years, but i suppose we'd better be very, very careful 'cause if we do manage it and end up in 7th, or god forbid 6th, we could be in europe again and might as well just fast forward to the 2015-2016 season when we're in the championship

still at that point pardew will only have 3 years or so left on his contract, so it's not all bad

Aye I know, I don't agree with those quotes and I freely admit he talks a lot of shit. But not everything he says is terrible. And I still believe he goes out every week to do the best he can.

I have no doubt we wont even look at a new DOF until the summer, but do we have plans in place for pre season yet, and if not who is looking after that?

Yay going for promotion